I'm on day 20

jeggosh

I'm tired of cooking everything. Oh for the opportunity to grab a granola bar at work.

I'm tired of not going out. Oh, to have an ice cold beverage apres work with some friends.

I'm tired of being so strict about everything.

My temper is short.

I'm tired of my friends saying "just take a break"

I was pretty energetic for about a week (the 3rd) but that seems to have vanished.

I hate the fact that "only 10 more days" seems like an eternity.

I have grumpy!

11 minutes ago, jeggosh said:

I was pretty energetic for about a week (the 3rd) but that seems to have vanished.

What do a few typical days worth of food look like for you @jeggosh?

What was your primary reason for doing the program?

Can you see any positive changes? These will help see you through...

This week, I made the the breakfast "cupcakes" typically with some v8 and black coffee

Lunch the past two days are salads with protein and balsamic/EVOO dressing

dinner last night was coconut chicken nuggets and brussel sprouts and the night before was a burger with cauliflower mash and broiled tomatoes

Primary reason for doing it was to get control over what I put in my body and to have a healthy diet along with going to the gym.

Positive changes...I dunno sure I guess. I don't know my weight yet, obviously but I think things are getting looser. I feel generally fine physically. I don't want to leap tall buildings but I also don't want to hide in the sewer.

I get it. I'm alone on this quest at my house and amongst my friends. And it is "supposedly" good for me and it's certainly empowering to take hold of destiny and blah blah blah. But it's hard to do this. especially when you are without imminent physical aid. I miss going out and not caring. And I get that that is kind of the point insofar as caring about what you do and eat, it's just a massive pain in the ass when no one else has to check themselves and you're that guy asking for specific ingredients and preparing techniques at the restaurant.  I've worked at many restaurants from dishwasher to server to chef.  We never enjoyed those customers.

So, I guess I'm happy that I can do it but it just seems like a lot.

Jeggosh: I've done a few W30s and even though I keep telling myself "This is not hard," it can be. I live in Austin, which is Happy Hour/cocktail city, especially on the weekends. I live in a part of town with lots of restaurants and nightlife. The weekends on W30 are the hardest. I hope you push through. It's so worth it at the end. You're almost there! One more weekend to get through? You've gotten to day 20...keep going if you can! The food can get monotonous. I literally can't eat kale anymore. But I have a couple of go-to restaurants where I know I can order things without too much of a hassle. Try to find a few new recipes, get some good hot sauce, and keep posting for support.

31 minutes ago, jeggosh said:

I made the the breakfast "cupcakes" typically with some v8 and black coffee

Lunch the past two days are salads with protein and balsamic/EVOO dressing

dinner last night was coconut chicken nuggets and brussel sprouts and the night before was a burger with cauliflower mash and broiled tomatoes

You don't mention much here in terms of fat - are you adding anything to your plate? lack of fat will most definitely cause a drop in energy AND mood as we need it for brain health.

How does the amount of protein relate to the size of your palm? How many eggs are in those muffins?

I get it too. I did it alone, in Ireland, where our culture revolves around alcohol. And I've worked in catering too - but as such I've ALWAYS been *that* customer because I've been in the kitchens and I know what goes on there!!! :ph34r:

The prep is hard when you don't have someone giving you a hand, but you're already seeing some positive changes, and I guarantee that you'll see more if you stick to the rules and the recommendations. 

In terms of prep, are you doing a bulk session on a day off so it doesn't seem like you're cooking All. The. Time?

Archived