Anxious, second guessing this

eap416

I'm on day 11 and I don't want to be a stereotypical quitter but I'm having a hard time imaging I'll make it the whole way. I just want to go out and eat and drink with some friends but I feel so trapped and like I can't go anywhere. It's not like I'm an alcoholic but I would kill to go out and drink like a normal 26 year old. I don't know if I like the all-or-nothing "good" or "bad" food mindset I've been getting into. I'm feeling so anxious about everything I eat, and paranoid about accidentally eating something wrong. I ate some cold cuts at a work lunch thing (picking off the bread and cheese) and I have no clue if I fucked up because something could have been in the meat or because it touched bread and cheese. I wanted that bread soooooo badly. I'm stressed out about planning meals and cooking everything. I still hate cooking and I hate washing dishes even more. I made this slow cooker recipe yesterday following all of the instructions and it tasted fucking disgusting and now I have 100 pounds of that sitting in the fridge. I don't have any specific dietary or GI issues; I just wanted a way to eat a little healthier, reduce cravings for snacks and sweets, and eat more at home but I think this may be more trouble than it's worth. I don't want to feel like a failure and a quitter but I don't know what to do.

You're an adult, and you can quit if you want to! The only person it affects is you. That said, I've almost quit about a million times, but I'm on Day 15 and it's finally getting easier. Try not to think of the foods as "good food" "bad food". Not all the foods you're abstaining from are "bad", they're just foods that cause reactions in some people, hence why they're avoided during a Whole 30. A lot of people successfully reincorporate legumes, non wheat grains, etc. afterwards. The point isn't to never eat the "bad" foods again, it's to see how they affect your body so you can have the freedom to eat them later with knowledge of the consequences. 

What kinds of things are you eating? It sounds like you're really getting bored with your meals. 

Archived