Brand of meat sticks

Ksprat2

I really like keeping the meat sticks in my desk at work for an emergency when I work unexpectedly late or lunch just doesn't hold like it should. What are the brands that you like? I've tried Chomps and Nick's Sticks. I find Nick's Sticks to be really greasy. Chomps were fine. Just looking for other suggestions.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My kids love meat sticks/jerky for hiking. I recently bought the Chomps on a whim when I saw they were compliant. Neither kid would eat them. :mellow:

We've tried all the flavors of Epic bars. I couldn't stomach them at all. One kid liked a few of the flavors but she's 5 and couldn't finish the bar herself. So I gave up on those.

There's a South African meat stick called droewors. I found a compliant brand at Whole Foods in DC but haven't seen it again. IT WAS DELICIOUS. Just googling right now, I see some other brands that are compliant. If you like coriander, you have to try this stuff. 

Our favorite dried meat snack is venison sausage we get from HEB and Central Market. Not sure where you are located, so you might not be able to get it..hmmm looks like the ship them! We love the smoked and the jalapeno flavor.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/central-market-venison-semi-dry-sausage/1869608

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 8:14 PM, Jim4884 said:

I actually like Nick's so this might not work for you, but Trader Joe's has a store brand meat stick that is pretty good...  oh, and Wild Zora bars are all kinds of deliciousness - highly recommended...

My apologies, the sticks I get at Trader Joe's are Chomps and not their own store brand as I previously posted.  I re-stocked today and noticed...

I second the recommendation for Wild Zora bars. They aren't meat sticks but they soft-jerky-like meat and veggie bars and they're delicious! I think they're all Whole30 compliant. I found them locally at REI or you can find them online (e.g., Amazon, Thrive, etc.). 

1 hour ago, kirbz said:

I second the recommendation for Wild Zora bars. They aren't meat sticks but they soft-jerky-like meat and veggie bars and they're delicious! I think they're all Whole30 compliant. I found them locally at REI or you can find them online (e.g., Amazon, Thrive, etc.). 

The have a parmesan beef flavor that is not compliant due to the cheese, all the other flavors are compliant.

Thank you for all of the replies. I'm still pretty happy with Chomps, but I will look for the Wild Zora bars. 

Also, we don't have a HEB around here, but I do have a family member that shops there. Might get her to bring me some over the holidays.

Archived