A week ago I found out I was pregnant!

I stopped my September Whole30 when I got the news, but after research and getting my head straight and remembering how much better I feel  after and when doing the whole30 I want to start another one. Any suggestions? Has anyone purchased the happy baby happy momma whole30 videos? Or does anyone have a similar story? 

Congrats! 

I don't have Whole30 experience early pregnancy. When I got pregnant I was not Whole30-ing and my morning sickness appeared pretty much immediately, complete with terrible food aversions, so it was off the table. However, later on when I failed my 1-hr fasting glucose at 26 weeks I opted to control my diet and do my own blood glucose testing at home, so suddenly my diet became very Whole30-like and I can say that for the most part I never felt better during my pregnancy than during those weeks of clean eating. I had no more swelling and my energy was better, I slept better, etc. 

I don't have experience with HBHM but it sounds like a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out I'm pregnant also! My morning sickness has really started to kick in and I'm not sure I can keep going. Currently on day 23. I have no interest in meat or anything with a strong flavor or spice. I really just want a cracker!

On 9/17/2017 at 11:21 PM, TrayS said:

Congrats! 

I don't have Whole30 experience early pregnancy. When I got pregnant I was not Whole30-ing and my morning sickness appeared pretty much immediately, complete with terrible food aversions, so it was off the table. However, later on when I failed my 1-hr fasting glucose at 26 weeks I opted to control my diet and do my own blood glucose testing at home, so suddenly my diet became very Whole30-like and I can say that for the most part I never felt better during my pregnancy than during those weeks of clean eating. I had no more swelling and my energy was better, I slept better, etc. 

I don't have experience with HBHM but it sounds like a great idea.

Hey TrayS - did you find you needed to modify the program in anyways? 

10 hours ago, Cate B. said:

Hey TrayS - did you find you needed to modify the program in anyways? 

I technically never did a whole 30 during my pregnancy, but just ate very whole30-like in my last trimester to keep my blood sugar under control. I found that when I would eat carbs my blood glucose readings would spike, and I also would feel very crappy (fast beating heart, etc.) so my main focus was on not eating grains for that reason. Otherwise, I followed the template pretty closely but was lax about things like trace amounts of sugar, etc.

• 6 months later...

Archived