Skin flare ups on Whole30

hb.

Hi everyone!

First time posting in the group! I have been having a blast with the Whole30 and I am excited to make it to day 30! I am on Day 16. 

I wanted to stop in here to ask if anyone else experienced a psoriasis flare-up while on the Whole30. Mine started around Day 8 or 9 and is still hanging around a bit in the last few days. This is curious to me since I have had psoriasis since I was 14 years old but have no experienced a significant flare-up in years. I am wondering if this is a "gets worse before it gets better" situation or if anyone else out there experienced the same!

Thanks so much!

hb. 

I have psoriasis and am on my second Whole30. Last time (last year), I noticed no difference - good or bad - until about two months in. This time, I had a minor flare of a spot on my face maybe a week in. It cleared up fairly fast.

Everyone reacts differently. Are you following the autoimmune protocol as well? I haven't...

• 2 months later...

I was pretty flared when I started 3 weeks ago. I haven't seen much change yet :/ I've been doing the normal program, but think if I don't see more improvement I'm going to do the AIP version. Feeling discouraged about it all - I was totally clear for 7+ years, most likely to eliminating dairy and gluten...and then I had babies. Its increasingly gotten worse over the past 2.5 years :(

Archived