Starting Sept 18th!

tayrex03

In my high school biochemistry class I had to chronicle all of my physical activity and eating habits for a month and analyze. Back then, it gave me perspective on what I was eating that was perpetuating my own depression and anxiety, beyond my environmental factors. Control turned into too much control, and then by the end of college, lack of any sort of control. I can tell when I've eaten something that throws me into a downward spiral, sometimes for several days. After moving in with my boyfriend, it became very apparent that we both had terrible a sweet-tooth and what was a once-in-a-while guilty indulgence in ice cream and cookies (for us each individually, in our separate households) became a regular thing together. Which really just makes him tired and me impossible to be around. Why do we do it? It tastes good. And that's about it. We both suffer from joint pain and chronic inflammation. Mine stemming from a spinal fusion surgery and over-use of already stressed muscles and ligaments. His from plenty of sports injuries in his younger years and a motorcycle accident in his mid-20's he never healed from. We both constantly feel like we are physically 10 (20 in my case) years older than reality. It makes us both tired and fuzzy-brained, forgetting things purely because we were unable to focus on the conversation at hand rather than pain or discomfort. We are hoping that the Whole30 will make us feel close to our actual ages for once! 

There are a few of us who are also starting on the 18th! I'm a sugar addict too, but an all around "bad for me" foodie. You are welcome to scroll down and join in with the rest of us if you'd like, however we really don't have a specific club or anything. There's like 5 of us a bit further down on this thread. Anyhow....good luck!

Archived