Help! Abbreviated Reintroduction??? I did my math wrong!

Rebecca91

Hello!

So I have a bit of a dilemma... I am currently on day 20 of my first Whole30 (started on 8/28 )and am loving it! I have stuck to it religiously and am seeing lots of improvements in myself. However, I just realized that I totally did my math wrong in terms of giving myself enough time for reintroduction.

My original plan was to be done by my birthday on October 7th, and I thought I had given myself enough time for the 30 days plus 15 days of reintroduction (alcohol, legumes, non-gluten grains, dairy, and then gluten---so 15 days total because for every day you reintroduce something you follow it by 2 days of whole30, right?). But I just looked at my calendar this evening and realized I somehow counted the days wrong, and actually only have 10 full days for reintroduction! Eek!

I REALLY want to do reintroduction right, especially since this is my first whole30, but I also REALLY want to enjoy a meal out with friends as well as a night that will most likely involve several drinks for my birthday! So... I'm wondering if it is possible to do a kind of abbreviated reintroduction period?? Would it be super bad to only have 1 day of whole30 eating following each day I introduce something instead of 2? Or would it be detrimental if I did 10 of the 15 days of reintroduction before my birthday,  took one day off for my birthday, then finished the 5 remaining reintroduction days after my birthday?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have!

Technically you don't have to have a separate day for the reintroduction of alcohol, although many choose to do so.

The standard reintroduction protocol would be:

Day 1 legumes

Day 4 non gluten grains

Day 7 dairy

Day 10 gluten grains

That said, even if you'd allowed yourself 15 days, and DID do a separate day for alcohol, you could easily have a reaction to any of those food groups & your reintroduction would have to be put on hold while your body got back to it's new 'normal'...

Archived