Fat sources

Gonzosan

Well I'm day 3 into my whole30 and the thing I realize is that even while eating "whole" foods I feel like I'm not being satiated enough. I think my problem is not having enough fat to keep me going throughout the day. Back home (I'm deployed to Kuwait) I had plenty of "bulletproof coffee" so the fat content was always fairly good. Here I can't do that, so I'm looking for something I can take that will fill this need. I don't mind buying it online. I'm really craving peanut butter right now, so I'd like something like that, although not almond butter. Almond butter always dries my mouth out like crazy, like it's meant to dehydrate whatever it touches. I'm thinking of getting some macadamia nuts as well. thoughts? The only place to buy food outside of the chow hall is the BX which has a small isle (think of 7 eleven) for mostly junk food, so that's pretty much useless for me now. Need some advice, thanks!

Also no oils, I've taken my fair share of "oil shots" back in my keto days, and I hated that. I used VCO in my coffee but usually feel nauseated when taking it straight. I'm looking for foods with high fat content, not straight fat sources like oils. Thanks!

Avacados are pretty much not accessible to me here, even if I could buy them online I don't think I would want to. I like coconut milk, but I also get kind of queasy when I drink it straight, even more so when I tasted coconut butter. I'm actually going to try "meenut butter", it's pretty high in fat and also has some decent protein with it as well. I'm not sure how good it is, but I'm willing to go through a jar to see if it's worth it. I wouldn't be plowing through it, just a tablespoon or two a day to keep my fat content decent, especially those days when all I can eat is a piece of chicken and veggies. Thanks for the replies all.

I wish I had some suggestions, but I all can do is offer my sympathy. My husband is going through the same thing in Afghanistan. And even if he did order or I sent him stuff, he has no way to prepare/store most of it. Good luck! (I'm going to have see what this "meenut butter" stuff is...)

Archived