Stomach Ache...

I'm on Day 9 of my Whole30 and have followed the program to a tee so far. However, I have had the worst stomach ache since about day three. It comes ands goes but today it hit me again out of no where like a ton of bricks I started sweating and felt like I was going to vomit everywhere. Is this normal? I know my body is healing, but I feel horrible. I feel amazing overall and have noticed a positive change, but this is killing me. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can take to relieve the pain?

I feel that way when I'm eating too much fat as well as too many probiotics but it's usually followed soon after with...well...my body disposing of said fat and probiotics. Hows the rest of your digestion going?

Kaitlynn,

Just a little personal experience here, no specific answer, but...

During my first W30s I would experience serious stomach pain as well. I felt like I always wanted to be hunched over so as not to "stretch" my stomach out. I discovered that I was hungry. I know that sounds strange, especially if you're eating decently proportioned meals, but for some reason my body was just burning through the food I gave it. I found that some easily digested protein like chicken and some sweet potato went a long way. May not be the answer for you, just something to try...

My "digestion" has gotten worse since the whole30 started...in my mind that's all the bad leaving my system? I'm really no expert just trying to be logical. I am gluten intolerant but have been "gluten free" for sometime. I can't say I'm overdoing it on fats as i'm following the program, but I may be having too much for my body? Being hungry is a possibility...I haven't felt hungry, but I've cut back on eating with the stomach aches. And I haven't really introduced foods that I wasn't eating before the whole30.

Breakfast:

Spinach and tomato frittata from whole30

1/2 avocado

Sometimes fruit

Lunch:

Usually leftovers I.E. venison taco meat on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes w salsa

1/2 abaca do

Sometimes fruit here instead

Sometimes sweet potato

Veg

Dinner:

Meat protein

Veg

Maybe a sweet potato

If I snack I usually have almonds

Still having the stomachaches and "digestion" is like water. Otherwise I feel better overall

Hey Kaitlynn, depending on your personal gut makeup, and what your issues were prior to hopping on the Whole30, you might need to make additional tweaks aside from the standard protocol. It's very possible that, right now, your gut can't handle very much vegetable matter at all. Green leafy ones, like spinach and kale, are big culprits, as is broccoli. Some of the folks that are super sensitive to veggie matter in the beginning CAN handle starchy ones, like sweet potatoes and carrots, but it's not a guarantee.

I'd try to add in some bone broth often, and while I hesitate to tell you to lay off the veggies completely, maybe try a couple of meals without green veggies to see if you notice a pattern?

• 2 weeks later...

If I eat more than half an avocado throughout the day I always get a stomach ache...same story, out of nowhere but actually is always about 2 hours after eating, sweating, feeling like I need to vomit but won't....usually I just go to bed and wake up and it's gone. It took me a while to figure this out but it happens every single time I eat a whole avo which sucks because I love to have half with lunch and half with dinner but I just can't do it for some reason. Since you had a whole avocado listed, maybe you have this issue too!

Archived