What do you do with yolks after making post WOD egg whites?

Flynn

I work out first thing in the morning and I'm planning on having sweet potatoes and egg whites with some spinach for a post workout meal as described in the success guide. When you make egg whites, what do you guys do with your yolks?

Thanks!

• Moderators

I think separating yolks and whites is too much work. I would eat chicken breast as my protein and save the whole eggs for later.

You can make mayonnaise with yolks and I would guess that you could scramble them. There is a lot of good nutrition in the yolks, so you don't want to throw them away.

Cysgr8, the idea is to avoid fat post workout because you want quick absorption of carbohydrates (which fat delays/hampers).

OP, I agree with Tom...separating eggs is such a pain for me, I'd just go with a hunk of chicken instead. But making mayo's what immediately comes to mind

For me I just eat the whole egg but I'm working out hard enough right now to warrant a Pre or Post workout meal so my opinion is probably not relevant to your situation... When not doing a W30 those yolks would do nicely in a coconut milk ice cream though! :)

Cysgr8, the idea is to avoid fat post workout because you want quick absorption of carbohydrates (which fat delays/hampers).

OP, I agree with Tom...separating eggs is such a pain for me, I'd just go with a hunk of chicken instead. But making mayo's what immediately comes to mind

Soooo i guess the coconut/banana milk shake i was drinking after working out isnt a good idea lol. Gosh so much stuff to remember!

Archived