January 2nd is pretty much a great day to start...all the partying, and food, from the holidays will be over...and most people have no excuses ... plus there are exactly enough days to have a Whole 30 up until the end of the month!

I will be finishing up my second W30 on 12/26...and I am going right into another 30 days. This time; I will have the added bonus of another family member doing it with me...my boyfriend will be joining me starting January 2nd; which I am really excited about...and I wanted to start another forum for those interested in taking this on in January.

The forum for the W30 I am currently doing has been essential to my success...and I hope others will join in here so we can support and encourage each other!

:)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting on the second too! Rebecca - My husband eats whatever I make for dinner (and then leftovers are his lunch the next day), so I'm hoping that even though he doesn't commit to the whole30 with me, he'll at least notice enough of a difference (since about 2/3 of his food will be compliant) that he'll want to get on the bandwagon with me :)

I'm here! Jan. 2 start date for me, one day after the annual Swedish pancake event in, off all places, Puna, Hawaii. Haha I'll be meeting up with an 87 year old friend who started this tradition and I hope to have a wonderful time reconnecting with many old friends that day, and thoroughly enjoying the Swedish pancakes. Then the next day I look forward to reconnecting with Whole(30 or 100, I'm still deciding). I am really looking forward to cooking and to planning meals. Chocolate chili is the first thing I'm aiming for. I'm thinking of making it during my official break between Christmas and New Year's. I'm trying to make an impression on someone. Heehee Think she'll like it?

I'm here! Jan. 2 start date for me, one day after the annual Swedish pancake event in, off all places, Puna, Hawaii. Haha I'll be meeting up with an 87 year old friend who started this tradition and I hope to have a wonderful time reconnecting with many old friends that day, and thoroughly enjoying the Swedish pancakes. Then the next day I look forward to reconnecting with Whole(30 or 100, I'm still deciding). I am really looking forward to cooking and to planning meals. Chocolate chili is the first thing I'm aiming for. I'm thinking of making it during my official break between Christmas and New Year's. I'm trying to make an impression on someone. Heehee Think she'll like it?

I have been planning to make this for two weeks; and actually ended up grilling my grass fed beef the other night! I am going to make it in the next day or two though!

I have been planning to make this for two weeks; and actually ended up grilling my grass fed beef the other night! I am going to make it in the next day or two though!

I'm looking forward to making it. I'm all done with the Christmas madness already. It's gonna be dinner on the 26th.

@ Amy, I know you have mentioned before that you wanted to try new recipes, do you do Pintrest? If so, I have a Whole30 board stuffed with inspiration!

http://pinterest.com...ah2229/whole30/

Thank you! I don't do Pinterest (did it for a while and then deleted my account because I lost interest) - but I will see if I can look at your board without re-registering.

oh so many newbs! I'm really excited.

I must say...I have been toying with the idea of making my famous heath-bar-not-so-pumpkin pie...but my boyfriend was like: "why baby; remember how bad you felt last time when you went off the deep end?!" lol (that was after my first Whole 30)...so I am going to power through...and I'm excited to have every one of you with us! Happy Day!

Let's get ready to ruuuuuummmmmmbble! :)

My co-worker and I are going to start on Jan 2nd so she can have her black eyed peas of the 1st! She has done this before so I'm really relying on her to get me through this.

Rely on her...and planning is key! For me...this forum is key as well...keeps me motivated!

Archived