Sourcing food in Australia

glimmer

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very fortunate that I get to spend 9 weeks a year in Adelaide - ducking out of the worst of a Canadian winter. I'll be arriving 3 days post the end of my W30 (didn't plan that well :o) so am keen to see what new favs are on offer. Compliant unsweetened Almond Milk is my go to - anyone know of its availability in Aus? I might have to start making my own.

40 minutes ago, Lorna from Canada said:

I'm very fortunate that I get to spend 9 weeks a year in Adelaide - ducking out of the worst of a Canadian winter. I'll be arriving 3 days post the end of my W30 (didn't plan that well :o) so am keen to see what new favs are on offer. Compliant unsweetened Almond Milk is my go to - anyone know of its availability in Aus? I might have to start making my own.

I live in Melbourne now, but I'm an Adelaide girl - make sure you hit the Central Markets! I LOVE those markets, Melbourne has plenty, but none of them are a patch on the Central Markets. 

Australia's Own Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk (available from Woolworths) is compliant, though it has Sunflower Oil (which is not banned, but not recommended)

Woolworths Select Unsweetened Almond Milk is also compliant.

@SchrodingersCat Man - I LOVE Central Market so much. My daughter and her hubbie live in the CBD and I live at the market when I'm there :). There's a Woolie's right in the Rundle Mall so I can easily access those recommended products - thanks for sourcing that for me!

I'm determined to continue this journey and lose some more weight (I'm an obesity survivor who lost 85+lbs and maintained it for years only to have 30 creep on over 2 years of menopause &*^%!! so, I want to get rid of some of that!) - usually I gain when I'm there - too close to the wineries and all that lovely Australian cooking!!! sigh*

10 more days before I'm heading out!

9 hours ago, Lorna from Canada said:

Hey @SchrodingersCat - any recommendation for a Larabar substitution? I might be able to bring some in but always ask the customs guy to go through my list - haven't had anything confiscated yet but... just in case. I like them for when I am cycling/running and need the energy. TIA!

9 hours ago, Lorna from Canada said:

Hey @SchrodingersCat - any recommendation for a Larabar substitution? I might be able to bring some in but always ask the customs guy to go through my list - haven't had anything confiscated yet but... just in case. I like them for when I am cycling/running and need the energy. TIA!

You can buy them from a bunch of health food stores, or if i were you, if order online and have them shipped to your daughter's place to be waiting for you!

Iherb has a variety of flavours, and they're not crazy expensive:

https://au.iherb.com/c/larabar?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItJ3T142P4AIVAa6WCh3w4ghtEAAYASAAEgI3sPD_BwE

• 3 weeks later...

Archived