Sourcing Good Food in U.K and/or Ireland

Derval

Loubee- I didn't make it past the Assessment Centre day for the one job that I'd applied for, but can reapply in six months (so October). But the whole experience made me realise that there's no point in applying for substandard jobs.

So really waiting for Graduate Recruitments to open up again. And I've enroled at the local college for an AAT (Accounting) course, so I'll get there in the end regardless of if I manage to get a training contract with someone who will sponsor my studies for ACCA or ACA.

You getting on alright with your W30?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All kombucha is going to have a bit of sugar in it, it's just how the fermentation works.

(Same as how you need sugar to make beer, cider and yogurt)

This is the one that I've bought before, http://www.lewtress.co.uk/, but only because it was from Wales. And when I compared the bottles to the other one in the shop (Go Kombucha, maybe) you could see they had a lot more life in them.

I don't know if that one is officially good or not.

I bought it pre-W30 and it was so lively that the bottle expanded and the label came off.

But their website talks about how other companies add large amounts of sugar, so hopefully that means they don't :)

I only bought the one bottle before starting my own brew.

I don't know if that one is officially good or not.

I bought it pre-W30 and it was so lively that the bottle expanded and the label came off.

But their website talks about how other companies add large amounts of sugar, so hopefully that means they don't :)

I only bought the one bottle before starting my own brew.

I don't know if I fancy brewing my own? I didn't like the look of that gross thing you put in it? The recipe said to check after a couple of weeks and if it has spore on that was fine, but it may be mould - in which case chuck it? I would have no idea and would no doubt poison myself! :D

Watch - I will got to all this effort sourcing it and ordering it and I won't like the taste!

• 2 weeks later...

My brother and sister-in-law are visiting from New York next week and have offered to bring somethings over for me.  I think they were thinking clothes/make-up and were slightly suprised when I got excited and went "Brilliant! Coconut aminos please!!"

So far I have coconut aminos and fire roasted tomatoes.  Any other suggestions?

They come over with lots of space in their luggage for shopping here and presents so it's not a problem if it's a bit big

Tesco have dried cranberries sweetened with pineapple juice - their own brand "Wholefoods" variety.
Joload - our farm shop is getting some spaghetti squash in from France next week, as their own aren't quite ready yet. It's Trinity Farm on the main road through Awsworth (near Ikea!)

Tesco are selling a range of dried fruit called Urban fruit which is 100% dried fruit with no other ingredients, no additives, no preservatives, they have cherries, mango, pineapple or strawberries and are on offer at the moment 2 for £3

Tesco are selling a range of dried fruit called Urban fruit which is 100% dried fruit with no other ingredients, no additives, no preservatives, they have cherries, mango, pineapple or strawberries and are on offer at the moment 2 for £3

Also available in Asda & Sainsbury's... can't keep them in the house here, they're gone too quick!  :)

Yes Christina! That would be great. I was wavering on my commitment to doing another one in august but 2 days of reintroduction have not gone well so I think I need to do AIP protocal in august.

Enjoy your holiday

Hi Hazel!

You ready to do a second Whole30?!  I'm wavering about whether to do it AIP or regular...

:P

• 1 month later...

It's all compliant, but the stuff we get is generally pasteurised & has no beneficial bacteria. The easiest route is to make your own! It's easy :) Have a Google for "No fail, no pound sauerkraut", that's the best method i've used. The hardest part is waiting a month for it to be ready!

P.S. I'd also recommend trying the same method with turnips...

Hello,

Does anyone know anywhere I can buy compliant sauerkraut? Never tried it before!!

I just bought a jar in Tesco - cabbage, water and salt. It's a large jar and recommends that it be eaten within 48 hours of opening. That could be a challenge!

Archived