Whole30-friendly soups w/o having to make from scratch?

Mikael Short

I just got diagnosed with a nasty sinus infection and I'm one of those people who tackles too much at once so I don't have a lot of time to cook. But my doctor highly recommended that I eat soup and also gave me a very strong antibiotic.

By the time I get home from work I only have about an hour before I have to be out the door for play practice, so I'm wondering if there is a SOUP that I could pick up on my way home that is Whole 30 friendly?

My original plan was going to be to cook a chicken breast, add it to chicken broth with carrots, onions and parsley--but like I said, I'm concerned about time making it. So... any suggestions on this would be super helpful. Girl wants to get better fast.

Thanks ahead of time!

When I checked WF, the closest thing that could have been Whole30-friendly had corn in it.

I don't have a pressure cooker though.

I think going forward, you will be sure to figure out the homemade soup thing and always have it in your freezer. At least the stock part of it. For tonight, grab a carton of compliant chicken stock. WF carries at least one. I think Imagine is the brand. Grab carrots, onion, celery and whatever other veggie you want. Get home and heat up the stock. Saute the veggies to bring out flavor and sweetness while the stock heats up. This step is not necessary but makes it yummier. Add veggies and chicken to stock and let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Easy peasy and very quick. A can of fire roasted tomatoes added would be good too.

One can coconut milk

Same equivalent of chicken stock (home made if you have it)

Add Thai green or yellow curry paste to taste

Bring to simmer

Add frozen veggies, and simmer in broth till veggies are almost tender

Poach fish or chicken in broth till done.

This'll clean your sinuses right out.

Hope you feel better.

Archived