Best Pork Chop of your LIFE

Rachael2288

Posting the recipe here in the recipe section would be awsome!

No problem slw600!

Ingredients:

• 4 boneless pork chops (size can vary, if they are REALLY big add more of each below)
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil or ghee
  • 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2-3 tbsp spicy brown mustard or dijon
  • 2-3 tbsp coconut aminos (if not paleo/Whole30 sub soy sauce or tamari)
  • 1 tbsp Frank's Red Hot (optional)
  • 1/2-1 tbsp minced garlic
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

Put pork chops into a 1 gallon ziploc bag and add all ingredients except salt and pepper.

Mix well until the chops are all coated and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours (mine was about 3 hours)

When you are ready to cook them heat a tablespoon or two of ghee (clarified butter, coconut oil) in a large pan and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering

Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chops and place them in the pan

Cover with a lid and set timer for 5 minutes

Once timer goes off, carefully flip them to sear the other side (be careful of hot oil!) for 5 minutes

Once the timer goes off, remove the chops to a plate and tent tin foil over the top for 5 minutes or so to let the meat rest and stop the juices from flowing

*** This last step is important because if you just cut into them all the tasty juices will run out and your chops with be dry, and like we discussed before, no one likes a dry chop!

I like to plate the chops and then pour some of the juices back over the top for extra juiciness and flavor :)

ENJOY!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I made bone in, skin on chicken thighs with the same recipe and they were amazing. I used pre-heated cast iron skillets and baked them, skin side down at 375 for 15 min, then flipped and baked skin-side up for 7-8, turned on the broiler for crispy skin for 2 min to finish. Yummy!

I made bone in, skin on chicken thighs with the same recipe and they were amazing.

dang, wish you would've made this post yesterday instead of today :) : I also baked bone-in skin-on thighs yesterday, but just seasoned them with salt & pepper. Tasty but boring; now I know what to do next time!  :lol:

• 3 years later...

Here is the BEST NEWS OF ALL! The only thing required of you for these delicious pork chops is to put them in a plastic reseal-able bag with the tasty marinade at least 6 hours before you plan to eat them. The day before is fine too.:P

• Put all the stuff in the bag.
  • Swish it around and plunk it in the fridge.
  • Then when you are ready to eat, simply get them out and grill them or frying pan them till done.
  • Easy and Delish. Your family will look at you with love and admiration!
  • Get outta here – they would do that anyway! But it never hurts to ply them with marinated pork chops too!

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 11:24 PM, andrew08 said:

Here is the BEST NEWS OF ALL! The only thing required of you for these delicious pork chops is to put them in a plastic reseal-able bag with the tasty marinade at least 6 hours before you plan to eat them. The day before is fine too.:P

• Put all the stuff in the bag.
  • Swish it around and plunk it in the fridge.
  • Then when you are ready to eat, simply get them out and grill them or frying pan them till done.
  • Easy and Delish. Your family will look at you with love and admiration!
  • Get outta here – they would do that anyway! But it never hurts to ply them with marinated pork chops too!

Thank you so much Andrew for the explanations. :rolleyes: Appreciated!

Archived