Ideas for more fats?!

OmniscientOwlet

I'm on day 15 here and looking for some suggestions for fats to add to meals besides avocados, olives, and nuts... I need to go shopping and get more avocados, but I'd also love to shake it up a bit with something else!

I also use coconut milk when it is fitting (in soups etc.) but could probably expand my use... Any ideas?

My typical meals involve a bunch of greens and a chunk of meat or a salad with meat and nuts or avocados... If avocado is on the side I top it with some Cholula hot sauce to make it more exciting...

I'm just wondering what other things you guys have been doing?!

I didn't make homemade mayo my first Whole30 and wow that was a mistake! I made a batch the first few days of my Whole45 (I'm on day 16) and it is AMAZING! I also make my own coconut butter to put on sweet potatoes, apples, squash, etc. Both are a big part of my fat intake!

• 2 months later...

I need help here as well. I am a picky eater and do not like coconut anything, avocados, or olives. I am on day 14 and have been using eggs and olive oil as my main fat sources, but I know I am not getting enough. I do need to search for approved cashews and almonds.

I love the fat that comes out of my grassfed ground beef- I brown my serving of meat in a pan then remove the meat and leave the fat (about a tbsp or so) to sautee my veggie in. With the fat that clings to the meat that usually gives me just the right amount of fat w/o adding more.

Animal fat! Strain off the juices from a roast chicken/turkey and keep the fat for cooking.

Render some lard or tallow.

Also a good idea- I have rendered both and it's not hard. I also saved all the fat chunks off a lamb roast and will do a little mini-rendering of that. It'll probably give off 4 tbsp of fat. Animal fats make me feel the best too.

• 4 years later...

Okay that title just sounds weird.  But I seriously need help in finding new fats to eat.  I'm really getting tired of avocados.  I've done black olives and nuts but would love some new ideas.  I'm R1D4 and really want to stick with it as I am seeing some small benefits but just don't think I'll make it if i have to continue eating avocados every.single. day.

• Administrators

Hi @dianasoling - I've merged your thread with another that discusses this exact issue. We do recommend that you start with a quick google search as most everything has been asked and answered before. :)

I've also linked another thread that is similar. I found both of these by googling "Whole30 fat options"

• 1 year later...

Archived