Autoimmune protocol and low FODMAPS

aph

Nico- I'm on my phone and will have a hard time linking it, but if you click on my profile and go to my content it will show up there. I think it was called AIP forever whenever whoever group log. Best wishes to you (and Bet), the first time I did AIP wholeheartedly I felt amazing. I was able to successfully reintro eggs and FODMAPs and I only get into notable tummy distress now if I really overdo it with nuts or sweet fruits. I am also tolerating grassfed dairy, which I am quite pleased with.

Moluv - that is helpful that you mentioned your only triggers now are sweet fruits and nuts.  Previously I also had a problem with FODMAPS, however so far things have been better.  I have been doing my Whole30 for a week now and noticing that I am having tummy bloating only after melons, peaches and nuts.  I just had almond butter and don't feel very good (but I love it soooo much!!!) and searched the site for others talking about nuts.  Is the prolem for you with all nuts...or just some varities?

I do very will with soaked or sprouted nuts- and NEVER overeat them. Something about them raw or roasted (any variety) seems to cause overeating and/or bloating and irritation. It's just my rule now to only eat them soaked and dehydrated. I have seen soaked nut butters online but am too cheap to pay shipping on food so I just go without. I have made larabars from soaked nuts though.

• 3 weeks later...

Scorpio, I did AI with low FODMAPS. For Veggies I do greens like well cooked spinach, broccoli rabe (not broccoli) green beans and zucchini. I also did a lot of sweet potatoes, carrots and butternut squash. I was already avoiding nightshades, but it's easy to avoid nuts. I did reintroduce eggs, but I felt that they contributed to my joint pain (which had disappeared 5 days into W30 and returned when I had some eggs).

I'm not sure about the anti-histimine, but I see it excludes processed meats (NO BACON!!!), some fruits, spinach (oh well...) So it's not that much more to leave out.I

It's tough, but I was already not eating FODMAPS and other things, so it worked for me.

Is anyone doing AI + FODMAPS + Low Histamine? If so... what the heck is left over to eat?  :(

I find that using the shopping lists helps me to focus on what I CAN have as opposed to what I can't.  It takes a bit of mourning to get to the acceptance of it all, but finding the right plan to free yourself from symptoms is absolutely worth it.

I actually ended up printing out all 3 shopping lists & cross-referencing them all to figure it out... no so bad once you can start adding a few foods back in. I'm guessing making food in bulk is going to be the key.

Can I have Kombucha? I just started brewing my own & have 2 huge bins going right now. I'm guessing not, but I didn't see anything about it on any of the lists.

Unfortunately fermented foods are not on the anti-histimine list:

and fermented foods like sauerkraut and kombucha) should also be avoided.

Maybe try not having it for a week and then having some and see what happens.

Archived