Cocoa-Banana-Eggs mix

penotti

Not too sure if this is allowed,but sometimes this is a great & quick post workout "meal";

mash a banana, egg & 1 tbsp of cocoa powder together and zap it in the microwave for about 1 min.

Would this be ok to have? It's really nice with some almond butter too!

• Moderators

Neither a banana or a whole egg is a good post-workout meal. Fruit is a poor carb source after a workout and a whole egg digests slowly because of the fat of the yolk.

Mashing a banana with an egg and some cocoa sounds like an attempt to create a dessert, which means you should not do it during a Whole30. Adding almond butter makes it more of a dessert. This is a poor meal choice overall at any time. You can and should do much better during a Whole30.

• Moderators

My gym banned me from eating sardines inside. While the weather is cold, I've shifted to canned tuna.

When I have chicken in the refrigerator, I sometimes bring breast meat with me to the gym for a post-workout meal.

The key to post-workout meals is lean protein and optionally starchy veggies. The classic meal is chicken breast and sweet potato. Tuna packed in water works okay. Egg whites are a choice, but I don't like to separate whites and yolks.

I make a regular salad with lots of good greens and veges and add them. I also like them on top of zucchini noodles - the comfort style ones from clothes make the girl.

I usually eat a sardine first thing in the morning as part of my mini breakfast. I get up too early to do a proper breakfast first thing.

Sardines are also delicious on a Caesar type salad, with romaine, homemade dressing, and some toasted coconut chips. As a matter of fact, I think I might add this to my dinner tonight!

Sardines are lovely with a runny egg over cold or warm green beans. Of course, I could have a runny egg over just about anything and be happy.

I love, love, love anchovies, too. My family makes me eat them on the porch, let alone my friends. And for the record, they are BONY fish, not HAIRY fish... ;)

I found some John West kipper fillets in brine, they're "Naturally smoked herring fillets (kippers) (75%), water, salt." Small protein serve for the size of the can though, the can has a lot of brine I think.

I've had kippers in a few hotel breakfast buffets and quite liked them (I thought they were a weird kind of salmon lol).

Brunswick sardines in olive oil don't taste super fishy at all. My mum always ate the King Oscar brand when I was younger which turned me off for years, they looked like tiny fish with no heads, they had tails and everything and smelt. so. bad. Anyway, in an effort to get some more calcium I took the plunge and bought some Brunswick sardines in olive oil, not stinky and quite delicious! I'm converted!

Archived