whole30/paleo in the middle east

Rara1982

ive just been called out to fly to Abu Dhabi for the rest of the week and im freaking out slightly about what im going to eat! does anyone have any suggestions? We have a Carrefour (big supermarket that sells groceries and all kinds of other stuff) and a smaller deli type supermarket called Spinneys (if anyone is familiar with the UAE). Please throw me your suggestions! xxx

it was horrible! everything is imported because... well they only have sand! and therefore everything tasted a bit stale. given that i dont read arabic, i THINK i did okay. probably ate way too much fruit... i did eat some babyfood too! needless to say im stoked to be back in Sydney and looking forward to heading to LA on thursday to stock on my favourite things from Whole Foods :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tell me about it...I live here! I shudder at the price my coconut aminos will cost to ship from amazon. Note that in Dubai we do have a few organic shops but all meat is imported and very costly. To add insult to injury groceries usually paste the Arabic ingredients over English ones. So while I know that my protein isn't always from the best sources I accept that it's better than eating the 'old' way. Day 19 for me.

Archived