Choffy and Crio Bru? Which do you like?

suzytee

I just read about these two in another blog response. I have never heard of them and did do a little google searching. I LOVE my mocha latte and managed to Whole30 it by taking my coconut milk to my coffee shop and using their 100% cocoa powder...By the end of my 30 when my taste buds were "like new" I am really enjoying it and don't feel a need to add the "real' chocolate. This choffy or Crio Bru sounds like it "might " be something I would really like to try. But I have no idea which to choose and of course I would need to get a French press which I wouldn't mind doing if I knew I was going to like it and keep using it. I was hoping that any of you who have tried it might chip in here and give me some ideas especially as regards to which to start with?

I tried the choffy and it's pretty good! I'm just bummed I can't do it, because apparently I react to the cacao even when the caffeine is mostly stripped. My husband mixed it with his regular coffee and liked it a lot. We got the espanol blend.

I got Crio Bru after reading about it here -- I first looked into Choffy, but it wasn't available on Amazon, and I have free shipping there with my prime membership, so I did Crio Bru. I really, really like it a lot. It's milder than coffee, but stronger than tea. The caffeine doesn't seem to hit me much, and I'm fairly caffeine sensitive. It also seems markedly less acidic than coffee, at least as far as how it hits my stomach. If you like 100% cocoa in coffee, it might not be quite as strong a flavor as you're looking for.

I have been drinking Crio Bru for a couple of years now. Prior to my W30, I had it with almond milk and splenda. I found it was too bitter without it. During my W30, I have cut the bean amount in half and am drinking it with the coconut crack recipe. Unfortunately, nearly a month later, I am still not enjoying it. I thought I would get used to not having it sweet, but I haven't. So it actually makes me wonder if it is the Crio I was enjoying or the sugar.

First off I am a Choffy distributor so I'm biased now, but before I really got into Choffy I bought several bags of Crio Bru to compare, and found Crio Bru quite bland compared to Choffy. The Choffy is richer and more flavorful and I'll never go back now. I know it's easier to buy through Amazon prime but worth getting the real thing! :)

Archived