Your favorite tea

Hi!

I'm getting ready to start whole30 and am giving up coffee (b/c I cannot drink it black). I was wondering what tea you all liked to drink b/c I know I'll be wanting something warm (or maybe occasionally iced). I would appreciate your recommendations. Caffeinated or not. . .

THANKS! :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Celestal Seasonings Bengal Spice tea...pretty cinnamony and spicy. My son likes Republic of Tea vanilla rooibos. It's sweet, but no sugar. I also like their breakfast blends (particularly the English and Irish) in the mornings instead of coffee.

I just switched to water. I've tried to like tea, but I can't stand it unless it's a chai latte laden with sugar and dairy - masking, if you will, most of the actual tea flavor. Ha! But, good luck - I know a lot of people love tea.

Herbals with a nice naturally sweet flavor my fave, mint is the best.

FYI- I was a I can't drink my coffee black person too... then I actually found a few that I can drink and even enjoy just black. My favorite is Dunkin Donuts.

Best of luck on your whole30 journey!

i just came across numi tea this past weekend. my regular grocery store was having a close out of their holiday items and i picked up a box of numi holiday herbal chai. sooooo good!! I wish i had picked up more, because it was 50% off and i am sure it will be gone by my next visit. i have looked at some of their other teas on amazon and i think i will be picking up some more! oh! And i did add coconut milk to the chai and it was lovely!

Peet's has a black tea blend called Winter Solstice that is a little warm, fuzzy, cozy cup of love and puppy kisses.

Arrrgh I am sooo jealous. I went to check their website and it looks absolutely delicious. Unfortunately you can multiply the cost by 4 when you add in shipping to the UK. Why does no one stock it over here :(

Hi!

I'm getting ready to start whole30 and am giving up coffee (b/c I cannot drink it black). I was wondering what tea you all liked to drink b/c I know I'll be wanting something warm (or maybe occasionally iced). I would appreciate your recommendations. Caffeinated or not. . .

THANKS! :)

Brand is Republic of Tea, flavor is Ginger Peach. They make it in both regular and decaf, so I switch depending on the time of day.

I also drink coffee. Just make it weak, toss it in the blender with a teaspoon or two of either ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil and whip it until it's homogenized. Does NOT sweeten the coffee but at least makes it a little creamy, I also could not drink coffee without sugar. But now I do.

Welcome and good luck.

I just went to WholeFoods yesterday, looking for a new tea. I noticed that the Yogi brands DO NOT list all of the ingredients on their sealed boxes, which is SUPER annoying, considering many of them include Stevia Leaf, but that isn't listed on the box. What the heck?! I've decided to ignore them completely and look at other brands like Mighty Leaf.

The yogi Egyptian licorice has no baddies --- believe me, I checked, probably half a dozen times, because I truly couldn't believe it had no sweeteners in it. I guess licorice root is very sweet on its own.

Brand is Republic of Tea, flavor is Ginger Peach. They make it in both regular and decaf, so I switch depending on the time of day.

I also drink coffee. Just make it weak, toss it in the blender with a teaspoon or two of either ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil and whip it until it's homogenized. Does NOT sweeten the coffee but at least makes it a little creamy, I also could not drink coffee without sugar. But now I do.

Welcome and good luck.

Thank you! I did taste my boyfriends black coffee a couple of times and thought, maaaybe. ;) I'll try this too! Thanks! :)

I just went to WholeFoods yesterday, looking for a new tea. I noticed that the Yogi brands DO NOT list all of the ingredients on their sealed boxes, which is SUPER annoying, considering many of them include Stevia Leaf, but that isn't listed on the box. What the heck?! I've decided to ignore them completely and look at other brands like Mighty Leaf.

Grrr! I can relate. Today is Day 1 for me. I wanted to kick it off with a big mug of Yogi tea. But on closer inspection, virtually all Yogi teas in my collection have Stevia. Stupid, sneaky Stevia!

Fortunately, there are so many tasty, compliant options out there. Here are a few of my favorite bagged teas carried by most grocers:

• Stash herbal teas (acai, wild raspberry hibiscus, Meyer lemon, and too many other fruity flavors to list)
  • Stash Moroccan Mint (green tea with mint and lemongrass)
  • Stash Earl Grey
  • Stash Chai Green
  • Tazo green and white teas (Zen, Green Ginger, Cucumber White)
  • Yogi Aztec Sweet Chili (LOVE THIS caffeine-free blend of warming flavors! When I'm burned out on chai but want tea with comparable warmth and coziness, this is what I make. It contains no stupid, sneaky Stevia but does list cocoa shells as the 2nd ingredient. That surprised me since it doesn't taste chocolatey at all to me. If I had a cocoa dragon I might need to avoid this one, but I'm able to enjoy this in moderation without any troubles.)

Cheers!

Archived