A little gem to share

tellytelly

A little gem of a post on a blog I love that I just had to share... :wub:

http://www.karenmaez...twinkle-lights/

My daughter asked me to hang twinkle lights in her room. I plug them in when she's not home, reminding me that she's my favorite room and my favorite holiday, too.

My daughter asked if I would pop her jacket into the dryer every morning before she put it on so it would be warm for the five-minute drive to school. I told her that I would wake early to light a tiny fire by rubbing toothpicks until my knuckles bled so I could warm the toes of her plush slipper socks before her bare feet could reach the floor.

My daughter asked me not to touch her butt when I jostled her awake in the morning because “That's just weird.†I told her that I would drive from sundown to sunup like a madwoman wearing diapers so I could reach a high bluff over Tingle, New Mexico and send silent thought waves to her subconscious suggesting that she rise and shine.

My daughter asked if I could pack her a “normal†lunch for a change because all her friends have chips and candy bars every day and she's the only one with boring healthy food. I told her no.

Archived