Olives, dried tomatoes, and avocado hearts at Walmart - help!

LindaLee

Thank you! I bit the bullet and drove 95 miles up to the city for a bunch of staples, including Sunbutter (halfway home I realized I hadn't checked to see if it was the kind without sugar...and I can say is THANK GOD it was!). I've spent a ton of money on food, spices, and equipment (Cuisinart food processor - love it!) so far, which essentially guarantees we'll stick with it for a while.

Thank you again for your patience with my endlessssss questions.

Linda, You do realize that it isn't necessary to get all those specialized ingredients to do a Whole30 or paleo diet don't you? You need meat, fish if you like it, eggs if you eat them, vegetables, some acceptable fats, some fruit if you eat it. It can be a really simple way to eat. You don't have to spend a fortune. You may already know this and enjoy the hunt for new, unusual ingredients. I just would hate to see someone stopped from doing this because of expense.

I do, Kayell, thanks for the thoughts! I think we're finding that balance...my husband is very sensible and not so concerned with finding organic everything, but I do want to avoid some of the preservatives. Honestly, I'd rather put fresh tomatoes into something than the sundried kind...I've done stuff like that before and it still tastes great. I think this phase is when you see what you really want to spend your money on and what you don't...

Archived