Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

Was planning to do a second Whole 30 starting March 15th, then I thought, why start on a Friday?! Anybody starting 3/11?

I had my totally-new-to-the-Paleo-thing first Whole30 Jan 2-Feb 15 (made it a Whole 44 1/2). It was a moderate success but I have a long way to go, so back to it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - I'm on day 33....was curious how your 45 days ended? Did you ever get any improvement in the digestive department? My digestion and allergies have gotten worse, not better. (And I was pretty darn healthy before I started! My digestion was in the rock star department.)

Hi NatPatJen and Pamela! I probably have a different situation from most on these boards. I'm new to the whole concept of paleo, coming to Whole30/Whole9 from pretty much a S.A.D., though I love all the foods I should eat. I just eat the good foods AND the bad foods usually. I'm only 5'1" and began my Whole 30 (turned out to be more like 45) on January 2 at 209 lbs. By Jan 15th, I had lost 12+ pounds.

I didn't get all the magic I could have out of my Whole experience, because I was only really doing the food portion. This second time around I am striving to work on sleep and stress management habits as well, and add in some exercise, even if it's just 1 day a week. My schedule has been overloaded, and was supposed to be getting freed up, but I just got more responsibility at work so we shall see. I have two kids and two dogs and a helpful husband and an hour commute. I have lots of excuses, but I also find time for Facebook and TV, so... I could at LEAST get to bed earlier!

One good thing from this way of eating that I never had from Weight Watchers or whatever, I was FULL, sometimes too full, and not needing to eat something every few hours. THAT was new. I ate tons of good fats and still lost some weight. I didn't exercise at all and didn't eat small portions or anything like that, and I still lost weight. So, the average active person will do much better!

12+ pounds is fab and atleast u know it works. I am pretty much ok with the exercise but struggle as i do 12hr shifts and want to eat rubbish on the nightshift. Lol. Also im a bit of a stress head so that could also b something i work on.

Did u eat alot of different meats?? Or stick to leaner stuff like chicken?

X

Pamela..I used to work nights also (12 hour shifts)..just a bit of advice about what worked for me. Your situation is different than others who work a standard schedule and you are already under increased metabolic stress because of your schedule. i would bring a TON of food with me to work. We only had vending machines with bad options..plus, the 3 meals a day with no snacks isn't really a viable option. Get a big cooler/lunch bag and fill it with more compliant food than you think you can eat..and a HUGE variety. Sometimes it can be very difficult to predict what is going to be satisfying when you get that 4am rumbling in your stomach. I found that if I had lots of options I could usually find something that would fit the bill!! And if you are not already, become very protective of your sleep! SUPER important when you work nights... Just my opinion, but I worked nights in a busy ICU for a few years before I finally transferred to days and these are the things that helped me.. Good Luck and stay strong!!

Thanks for the advice. Yeah vending machines are the only option at the hospital i work at. :-).

Yeah plan to take loads of stuff to work. As for sleep well i could sleep for britain lol.

Need to start drinking more water aswell as i always forget. X

Hello! I'm Jessica, planning to start 3.11 as well. I recently bought It Starts with Food and Well Fed with an Amazon card I recieved as a wedding gift, so I've been reading through the past few days. My husband and I were both very athletic in college - a feeeww years ago :) Although we haven't strayed too, too far, looking to get fit and healthy again. I already don't eat wheat and he'll eat whatever I make, so I'm blessed with two struggles conqured already :) Going to prep food and cook tomorrow, then off to the races on Monday!

Hi All!

I'm starting today (March 11th) too! This is my second Whole30 - my first was in August 2012 and I really liked how my relationship with food changed. Of course, over time I've allowed a few bad habits back in - essentially eating super healthy during the week but then wrecking everything with bread or sugar on the weekends - so I'm here to remind myself that eating real, whole foods makes me feel and look better!

Looking forward to braving the next 30 days with you. Warning: If this is anything like last time, I'm going to get really angry in about a week :)

Hi! I started my second Whole30 yesterday. I did my first Whole30 in January, and felt great. For some reason, wrapping my head around this second Whole 30 is a bit more challenging, but I'm committed to making it through.

My first Whole30 resulted in about an 8lb weight loss while building muscle and reducing body fat. Plus, felt better than I have in YEARS. I've been mostly compliant since, but really strayed last week (I was in New Orleans on biz).

Last night I roasted broccoli and cauliflower, steamed up a bunch of asparagus and cooked butternut squash. I've got lots of protein ready to cook, too. I'm ready to go!

Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone! Happy Day 1! I had an unfortunate start: I got inadvertently exposed to gluten last night (I have an allergy) and have been throwing up! But still excited for my day 1! And have even more confirmation that this plan will help me :)

Tips for surviving shift work arrived in my email the other day via Robb Wolf: It's a Big Ol' Pile of ‘Shift' Work

Good luck to all. I am not off to an awesome start. Weekend was very crazy with my kids' activities and some freelance work, and I didn't shop/prep/cook as I should have. But... scraped together compliant foods for breakfast/lunch (sorta—breakfast was lacking in protein). Have a great day 1!

Day 1 people!!! How we doing? Well I was on ngts so doing ok so far as I hav been in bed lol.

Just starting day off with some peppermint tea and had eggs.

Plan to get myself weighed today at gym (prints out the details) in order to keep track although not really doin it for weight loss.

What's everyone eating today?

I'm having chilli chicken and salad after my metafit class. Then probably a turkey burger and veg for my supper.

Hope u feel better tveen x

My husband and I are starting our first Whole 30 today! A year and half ago we spent a month eating paleo and followed Sarah Fragoso 30 day meal plan. We had great results! Fast forward to today and we still eat pretty healthy, but sneak in surgar snacks here and there. We are ready for this challenge!

Started this morning with a sausage, spinach, and egg frittata. Spending today steaming vegetables and cooking protein for the work week. Good luck everyone!

I am starting today! I did a Whole30 in January and have for the most part kept it up for February (went offroad a little when socializing with friends). I wanted to do another one before the summer and with getting my garden started yesterday (seeds in the ground) decided just to go ahead and start today as we have an out of town trip planned for the weekend of April 13th.

Looking forward to my second time. I learned a lot in the first and am pretty set up in the kitchen/pantry/etc. I am on 'Spring Break' from my job so am planning to cook a lot this week and freeze for the weeks ahead.

Good luck to all of us!!

Greetings,

I just started the program officially today but started yesterday with my meals. I have cleaned out my pantry and frig (yikes beans, corn, rice, and pasta.). I went to the store and purchased veggies, meat, some fruit, and added to my spice shelf. This program was recommended to me by my crossfit coach so I decided to give it a try. Excited to see what this can really do for me!

Hi all!

I'm starting a Whole60 today. I've done two Whole30's (last one was in January) and I've been paleo for a few months shy of two years now, so I'm kind of an old hand at this. But even so...I still struggle. My biggest issue is that gluten and sugar remove all breaks and cause nasty cravings for me. I'm happier without them and I'm doing a Whole60 to help myself truly internalize this.

Glad to see some new faces!

I just officially started today! I had been trying it out for a few days to try and adjust. The main concern was my morning coffee and no stevia. As well as my weekly bottle of wine I allow myself. I'm also going to be moving in three days and staying with family who I'm sure will not be accepting of the whole30 approach. Hopefully I can keep hitting the I did it button!

Wow, great to see so many 3.11 starters! Also great to have some doing their second Whole30, experience gives great advice :) Made a light breakfast this morning as I'm not feeling so well either, hopefully it'll pass quickly for both of us! Looking forward to finishing food prep/cleaning out fridge this afternoon. It's a nice rainy day here, great for doing housework :)

Hello everyone!

I'm starting my very first Whole 30 today.

Had ground beef with mustard greens for breakfast. So far so good, lol.

It seems like it will be helpful if I prepare a bunch of cooked protein and veggies, so a curry or egg dish or bowl-of-yummy-stuff is just moments away.

Looking forward to this journey together.

Hi all!

I'm starting a Whole60 today. I've done two Whole30's (last one was in January) and I've been paleo for a few months shy of two years now, so I'm kind of an old hand at this. But even so...I still struggle. My biggest issue is that gluten and sugar remove all breaks and cause nasty cravings for me. I'm happier without them and I'm doing a Whole60 to help myself truly internalize this.

Glad to see some new faces!

I feel similar. I found myself in the past week or two doing some mindless eating and I want to sharpen my awareness again. Plus, there will be a lot of sugar around over the next few weeks and I just don't want to eat it. I found from my first Whole30 and from continuing Paleo that I feel so much better when my insulin/hormones are not all over the place. Also, I want to pay attention to my fat intake at each meal. Years of conditioning of not eating fat has been a hard mindset to unravel. I just read a great book 'Good Calorie/Bad Calorie' which has a lot of history of 'nutrition' in the US. When I don't eat the right amount of fat I tend to get really strong carb cravings.

What I learned from my first one is to prepare for when I am tired and don't feel like cooking. I just made Chocolate Chili from Well Fed and the whole batch went into the freezer for these nights :) I made another batch to have this week. Also, I love spaghetti squash ! Keep one around for fast meals a lot!

I hope we all continue to check in. I sure could use the companionship along this journey. This is my first whole 30. I'm 57 years old with a laundry list of medical issues, and I'm hoping to increase my vitality and wellness and manage my autoimmune condition!

Today I had herring and leftover green salad for brekkie; leftover lamb's liver, salad, and roasted veggies for lunch, and I'll have leftover roast chicken, salad, veggies and chicken bone broth for dinner.

I'm thrilled that my day started with Zumba Gold and a gentle yoga class.

I hope everybody has a great first day!

Pea

Archived