April Whole 30 group

Jessica Reagan

I'm starting a whole 45 April 1st. I did my last in Feb. and found our support group really helpful! It's so nice to check in and update fellow whole30-ers, as well as share your trials and triumphs, recipes, etc...

Who else is looking to start a Whole 30 (45,60,90,100) in April ? Are you ready? I am!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds promising! I did a whole 44 jan-feb and have been battling healthy vs sugar binging since! April 8 will put me past my bday celebrations and spring break trip to Florida/Disney world. It's been hard mentally to really want it like I did in jan. but I want to want it lol. I would love to be 90/10 but it doesn't work that way and I need another good run. Life has been nuts lately but is starting to calm down. I would like to 'start' now with allowing a few possible offroading trips on vacation if i would like. Can get back into the swing of things as far as cooking/planning etc is concerned. I really could use some new yummy recipes! This is exciting!

I'm thinking about starting April 1st!! I "eat clean" most of the time right now. I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna give up my whole grains and greek yogurt..cottage cheese, etc. But, I'm interested to try it to reset my body and then I may slowly add a few things back in after that. I'm excited to try it though to see how I like it and how I feel. :)

I'm thinking about starting April 1st!! I "eat clean" most of the time right now. I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna give up my whole grains and greek yogurt..cottage cheese, etc. But, I'm interested to try it to reset my body and then I may slowly add a few things back in after that. I'm excited to try it though to see how I like it and how I feel. :)

You aren't sure now but it's not as hard as it sounds. Giving up things was the easy part for me, making all the other adjustments and changes were so much harder! It's a life changing experience for sure. If you want to change your life.... do it!

I'm an avid fan of cheese, loved a big ice cold glass of milk, put sour cream on anything I could, loved peanut butter toast.

Notice how all those are past tense? Once I took them out of my diet, I realized that I didn't quite feel the same about them when I added them back in. One of my first introductions was a creamy bleu cheese melted on a steak. Ehhh, it was good, but it wasn't the same. I found that once I went without these things for a while, I didn't feel the same way about them. They didn't taste as great, I didn't miss them.

It's definitely worth a try! It's an interesting experiment for sure, and what's more interesting is that people do it, love it, and come back for more!

I'm going to start April 1, too. I'm using the next week to slowly start eating more meat and less legumes/grains (my diet is currently almost vegan and I think that going from that to heavy meat and eggs without a transition period would be a bad idea), figure out where my hidden sugars are (my enzymes and supplements have sugar), clear out the no-no's and stock my kitchen for success. As of now, I'm diong it alone. My husband and kids will not be doing it. So, I also need to come up with some meal ideas that will make us all happy. Luckily, I love to cook and am used to catering to different needs.

Ykes! Now I have to do it!

Jen

I'm in for April 1st! I'm about halfway through It Starts With Food so I should be ready by then. I'm trying to use up my perishables (dairy, pasta sauce...) before then also. I'm not a big meat eater, so I'm going to need to do some shopping and stock up on meats. Fortunately I eat tons of veggies so that part is easy. Giving up grains - not so much.

I also love wine, but I will be fine without it. My biggest problem is coffee... I don't drink black coffee (blech) but I *love love love* my coffee with sugar and milk in the morning. After reading the rules, I briefly toyed with the idea of sweetening my coffee with apple juice -- I'm that desperate. So for now the plan is no coffee either.

April 1st is also nice because it is a Monday, and it's a 30 day month. Perfect! I love stuff like that :)

I am planning to start my first Whole30 in April. I recently checked the book out from my library and have been reading up about it voraciously ever since. I'm hoping for two things: better health (read no more headaches, tummy aches or heartburn) and weight loss. I am confident that I can do anything for 30 days!

I'm in.

This will be my first Whole30, but I've been mostly Paleo/Primal for the last two years. I do swing back and forth between compliance and going back to my old ways of baking cookies and cakes for friends and family every week. Just getting over a sugar/fast food kick that's been making me feel icky for a few weeks. April sounds like a good time to go all in and get this out of my system for good.

~ Jasmine

Yay I'm glad so many of you are getting on board! It makes it so much more enjoyable to have a support group to talk to you. I'm so excited, a week to go. I'm starting this Monday, working on incorporating breakfast back in and making sure I'm getting 3 good meals. Also want to make sure my sleeping is on schedule. Basically a week head start to work out the kinks, get my meals in order, but still allow for a glass of wine after dinner and a big piece of ham on Easter. Good Luck to everyone! Hope you have a great week getting prepared to rock your whole30!

I love the idea that April 1st is on a Monday, and that April is 30 days! I will take this week to prepare, and do my 2nd Whole 30 with you all!

I did my first Whole 30 in February, but after it ended, I let it go :( I LOVED life inside rhe Whole 30, so I'm desperately trying to get back. Hoping joining the Forums will help!! Good luck!

I am new here too. I just finished reading the book and plan to start on April 1st. Some of this will be a challenge: no cheese, no smoothies for breakfast, no wine, but I am so ready to kick my unhealthy relationship with food to the curb.

I will be starting my first whole30 on April 1st. I expect it will be hard, but worth it. Almost finished with the book. Trying to figure out how to provide kid friendly foods for my 10 year old without tempting me too much to go off the plan.

I have a 6 and 1 year old. I make them eat the same food as I do. As a family, we sit down and the 6 year old helps! He's found some new favorites through our first. I was somewhat lenient with them at the same time. I made them banana pancakes on occasion and they're allowed snacks. They also get more fruit. They already only drink water so that was an easy one to combat. The first few weeks of no cereal or bread or milk was a little rough. My son (6) had a hard time understanding why these things aren't allowed anymore, but I just explain to him that they aren't healthy, why, what they do to us and that we want our bodies to be big and strong by giving them food that makes us healthier. I'm not saying that I didn't deal with a bit of pouting at first, but now he is on board, understands the why, and is learning to make good food choices for himself. It's definitely worth a bit of tough love so he grows up with great habits.

My friend and I are starting a Whole 30 on April 1 as well! The last time I tried, I did not make it past a week, and I blame that on lack of preparation.

I'm going to spend this upcoming week reducing my dairy, wheat and sugar intake so that it is not a complete sock to my body on April 1. I will also spend this time working on creating grocery lists and recipes so I am ready to hit the ground running at the beginning of the month.

I look forward to keeping up with everyone here!

My sister and I are trying this for the first time...starting April 1. Seemed like a good fit - April having 30 days and all. Kind of nervous - my husband has been eating paleo for a while, so it's not totally foreign to me, but I am way too attached to sugar and other junk and so have not tried it before now. However, I'd like to try and reduce the cravings for sugar and hopefully gain some energy. Would love to join you on this!

Hi! My name is Amber. I'm starting Whole30 full force tomorrow. I'm very nervous! This is a total turn around for me. I'm a 100+ over weight and I was referred by a friend who religiously swears by Paleo/ whole30! So, here I am. Freezer is stocked and so is my fridge with fresh veggies. Praying I stay strong and make myself proud. Good luck to you all who are starting the Whole30!:)

I'm starting my first Whole 30 on the 1st as well. I'd have started a bit earlier, but was waiting on coeliac testing so made March my get back into exercise month.

I used to live in Japan, so going without cheese won't be new to me and I don't eat much fruit. And I'm not a huge bread or pasta fan. I only started having toast regularly for breakfast two months and I despise sandwiches. However, I do eat a lot of rice, quinoa, couscous and beans/legumes. And have developed a horrible sugar addiction in the last few months, probably to combat the fatigue that I've had for at least as long, so that will probably be my biggest struggle.

Looking forward to joining y'all in this venture. :)

Just wrapping up my first W30 this week and planning on starting again so next Monday I'm in for round two with this group. I am getting a little bored so I'm off to check out foodee.com since planning has been key for me this round.

Archived