W30-Friendly retaurants in Richmond, VA

DebbieK

I'm at about day 18 and doing great at home. Having to eat out a few times has been challenging, but so far, I've managed to pull it off with no cheats. But it is difficult. For any Richmond, VA folks, I had a dandy W30-compliant meal at Pasture on E. Grace St. If you know of other local restaurants with enough selection to stay on track, please let me know. Spent last weekend at Va. Beach for a child's sports event. Inside the convention center, the only options for me were water and an apple. Outside, I got by by finding a Fresh Market grilled salmon salad for lunch and eating a steak dinner at a restaurant, after asking them to hold the chive butter and sub in extra veggies for the potatoes that came with. There have got to be some W30-friendly places out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Debbie,

I'm in RVA, too! I have managed to cobble together some W30 meals out & about. Garnett's cafe has a great nicoise salad you can modify to W30; Ellwood Thompson's is my go-to salad bar (sometimes the hot bar items are W30, too!); and I even managed a brunch at The Continental!

• 2 weeks later...

Also in RVA!

I have gotten the spinach salad at Home Team Grill a few times - spinach, onions, tomatoes, eggs (minus croutons, cheese and dressing)

I also love to pick up a rotisserie chicken from Ellwood or Whole Foods. I tend to stay away from meat when I go to restaurants since I'm never sure of what type of oil it was cooked in any marinades.

• 2 years later...

Archived