What are you making for dinner tonight?

kimberj

I have the next couple evenings planned out - chicken breast with pesto and artichoke tonight and boneless ribs with squash tomorrow, but I thought this might be a fun way to see what other people are preparing and seize an "ah-ha!" moment or two. ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nomnompaleo's chicken and gravy. this is seriously the best gravy I have ever had in my entire life...yum!

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4807547385/slow-cooker-roast-chicken-and-gravy

and I made a batch of her asian fried rice. I tried to make mashes yucca but apparently you shouldn't put it in the food processor, you should just mash it because I ended up with a bowl of glue. tasty tasty glue flavored with bacon, ghee, and garlic. dang it.

Tonight I am doing this-- http://everydaypaleo.com/roasted-garlic-and-herb-crusted-pork-roast-two-ways/ We did this for Easter and WOW! I am doing a 6 pound pork loin and I am thinking about smashed sweet potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. LOL I must be doing something right because my hubby is not a veggie eater--his mom boiled every veg until it was dead and then boiled it longer just to make sure!- and he told me today that brussel sprouts the way I make them (cut in half, tossed in coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic and roasted till soft and yummy) is his favorite veggie! Thank you Whole30!! Whoot!

We made this butternut squash and kale beef stew: http://girlmeetspaleo.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/butternut-squash-kale-beef-stew-whole30-approved/

It's pretty great. I might try thickening it next time -- I saw someone on another site saying they thicken stews with a little bit of coconut flour whisked into some ghee. Seems worth a shot, because I prefer thicker stews.

last night: fisherman's eggs! sardines, shallot, garlic, parsley, egg (added mushrooms and tomatoes). sooo good, thanks Nadia!

tonight: lamb/lamb liver meatballs with tomato/onion/mushroom/garlic/parsley sauce over zoodles

tomorrow: slow cooker pork shoulder with steam sauteed cabbage/carrot/bell pepper/red onion, finished with a bit of ume plum vinegar, I think.

paleo kitty will have puree of whole rabbit, and perhaps a bite of pork. who says that cat couldn't catch a pig? :P

Making this! Paleo Chicken Rancheros Tostadas from moderator Johnny M's blog. Everything I've made from his blog has been amazing.

I cooked the chicken and the ranchero sauce yesterday, so today it's just a matter of reheating everything and making the tostadas.

I love being stoked for dinner.

I have a lamb shoulder roast in my crock pot with carrots and sweet potatos. Going to prep a cucumber mint salad on the side and make a sauce out of the onion, celery, and drippings. It's a first attempt, so my fingers are crossed.

Today, I also cooked up some green chile that I brought back from NM. It was partially defrosted when I got home and needed to be chopped and cooked. Simmered with roasted tomatos and added some zucchini. I have some chicken thighs in another crockpot that I will add to it for meal one tomorrow.

About to cook my first rutabagas with some ground beef, tomato, NM red chile powder, and maybe carrot. The meal was inspired by a recipe from Tom Denham's site.

I felt a little low on meals yesterday and today, so I'm going big today. :)

Archived