I give up

TXN11

Everyone says it's a 'diet' and explaining that it's actually not a diet is proving to be an exercise in futility. So I now just let them call it a 'diet' and I just eat my compliant foods. Fair trade! :)

Friday, a coworker and I actually brought the same things to work for lunch -- leftover steak and green beans, with an apple later on. His looked rather dry, and mine was glistening in olive oil. He also had a small container of ice cream (which everyone asked if it was butter, because it sure looked like it). I had an avocado. And I'd had nuts. And tea.

However, he was complaining his wife had put him on this crazy diet, on which Day 3 dinner would be saltines! !!!!

!!!

The next day, his wife had caved and he was back to burritos and chips. While I had yummy pork steak, california blend with olive oil, another avocado, nuts and tea. Rinse and repeat. I'm down 15 pounds.

This isn't a diet. SALTINES FOR DINNER is a diet! XD

Friday, a coworker and I actually brought the same things to work for lunch -- leftover steak and green beans, with an apple later on. His looked rather dry, and mine was glistening in olive oil. He also had a small container of ice cream (which everyone asked if it was butter, because it sure looked like it). I had an avocado. And I'd had nuts. And tea.

Reminds me of my parents

Them: "Tonight for dinner we had salmon steaks, and fresh garden veggies with olive oil, and homemade sweet potato fries - isn't that so much better than your crazy diet?"

Me:...*sigh*

Reading your posts makes me feel glad that I've recently moved to a new city in a different country, hardly know anyone and do most of my uni work from home! Means I can get on with it without all the comments and judgement!

As I picked through a salad at a luncheon (picking out the craisins with all that sugar!), I was getting weird looks. The easiest way to explain it away was to say, "I'm on a crazy diet where I can't have any sugar or artificial sweeteners for 30 days" They they asked all sorts of questions like, "can you have diet coke?" Thank goodness the Whole30 was only 30 days--it was much easier to eat at home! B)

Archived