All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I started on the 13th and haven’t cracked. I’ve been pretty good. But this morning I wasn’t feeling well, so without thinking, I took my elderberry syrup like I usually do to feel better. I totally forgot to look at the ingredients. It has raw honey, elderberry, organic ACV, propolis tincture, echinacea purpurea tinture, grain alcohol and purified water. Do I really have to start over?
  3. Not just Weight Gain :)

The protocol is to try one food group a few times in one day and then go back to whole30 for at least 2 days. It's impossible to say what any of the reactions are when you daisy-chain the days together like that. Immediate weight gain is likely a symptom of inflammation being caused by one of these foods.
  4. No, sorry, peas are a legume which are not permitted.
  5. Is a plant based (pea) protein powder, unsweetened, mixed with a plain, unsweetened nut milk allowed. No fruit or sweetener of any kind added, allowed for breakfast sometimes??
  6. Today
  7. Binge eating and re-starting Whole30

Congratulations @Dragonslayer on acing the 30! Your next plan sounds terrific and is a great goal. You're inspiring me to keep chugging away as my downfall is completely the kitchen graze. I am trying to nail three meals plus a snack -- but a scheduled healthy one as opposed to sticking my head in the fridge. And no buying myself nuts because I am hungry. Nine out of 10 times I am hangry or stressed and stuffing my face is not the answer. You are absolutely progressing and reminding me that I can do it too. Thank you so much!
  8. FIRST TIMER - Starting 4/9/18

Hi HaleyK, I'm starting on Wednesday April 4, right after our Easter holiday and a month before a big party. I'm just really curious about finding out what it is that drives my issues with digestion and general well-being, plus really dry skin. I've already made the switch away from wheat, most carbs, sugar, most dairy except cheese and I do feel better but not great. Time to find out!
  9. Starting March 12th, 2018. Looking for buddies!

How are you doing Elizabeth? I hope you're feeling better and moving forward with the W30. It's definitely been up and down for me. A lot tougher than I thought...and yeah lightheaded! Adam
  10. Starting March 12th, 2018. Looking for buddies!

I haven't done the mint leave thing but I keep whole cloves in my mint tin as my mints. I love them. They are super strong and you can slowly suck and chew on them. I read that they have male and female parts on them and that women take them whole, and men break off the top round part (the female part) and then chew on the stem part (the male part). That could be just hippy talk, but either way, it is a great alternative. They do have a slight numbing property to them, but get the job done and have even some mineral benefits in them and help with digestion, nasuea and more.
  11. Starting March 12th, 2018. Looking for buddies!

I'm here. I've made it through to day #10. I'm a pretty positive person....and I'm not feeling all that positive haha! I was really thinking about quitting today. I'm still going but feel on the fence. Before work today I was super tired to the point I couldn't get out for my usual run. I was hoping to feel better and more energized but so far I've felt somewhat the opposite. I'm hoping it's just the phases you go through with this diet change. I feel I'm eating way healthier, but maybe my body feels like it's just missing something. I dunno. I'm gonna keep on moving forward and hope that the way they explain the ebbs and flows of this 30 day diet on the Whole30 Calendar stays true and that their are some on top of the world type days ahead. Keep up the good work everyone and stay committed! I'm trying my best to stick it through! Adam
  12. Tinctures

For me the herbal tinctures are a replacement for conventional medicine. Something my GP even endorses. So I'll keep taking them when no other alternative is at hand, because otherwise I will get rather miserable. I'll do my best to keep the alcoholintake to a minimum, yet since I have few other vices I'll go for what fits my health best. Thank you for replying Ladyshanna!
  13. Starting on 3.19.2018 Is Anyone else?

Glad your first day went well! Eating more than I normally would at each meal on day one. Knowing what to eat does help, but I need to prepare more ahead of time. Going to be out most of day 2 and 3 so worried about what to bring with me. Good luck today!
  14. How's everyone doing? Day 1 went pretty smoothly for me. Having everything prepped is key! I am noticing that I feel a lot hungrier than normal, even though my meals seem huge! Sierra
  15. Starting on 3.19.2018 Is Anyone else?

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I live in Italy, so it's start of day 2 here. Yesterday weekly pretty smoothly. Having everything prepped takes the guess work out of what I'm going to eat. I have felt a lot hungrier than normal, though. I think that's to be expected though, as my body isn't used to eating this way. How's everyone else doing?
  16. March 1 start - who's in f/ some March Madness?

Fruit is recommended to be up to 2 fist sized servings a day eaten with meals, not on its own or as dessert. Nuts are meant to be limited too - the general rule of thumb around here is no more than a closed handful every other day... Depending on how your diet was prior to starting, in some cases, people do gain a few pounds before things straighten out and that's often for people that heavily calorie restrict or yo yo diet. In what ways do you feel it's getting harder?
  17. Today is day 20. I feel like I'm putting weight on & thinking I might be eating too much fruit. I have 3-4 oranges everyday. Maybe I'm eating too many nuts or maybe I am just nuts! LOL. I'm trying not to stress over this. I know that I will not get on the scale until another 10 days. I also feel that this is getting harder, not easier. How are you both doing?
  18. Starting on 3.19.2018 Is Anyone else?

Hi all. I'm starting March 20. First time. I need this to help kick my sugar habit among other things. Looking forward to the support.
  19. First of all - yes - this is a post about weight gain. But I'm curious to see if the weight gain is a symptom of a larger issue. Finished my second great Whole 30! So much energy, sightly improved sleep (I really struggle with sleep), improved skin, lost those dang sugar and bread cravings. As another lovely bonus was 13lbs lost that I gained over the past year and a half. So I decided to reintroduce - slowly. Yay! Day 31 Still whole 30 Day 32 Whole 30 with a piece of toast for breakfast Day 33 Whole 30 with a glass of milk for breakfast Day 34 Whole 30 (Crap!) I had a Diet Coke - rest of the day Whole 30 Day 35 Whole 30 What I've been noticing as the days go on is weight was going right back up. I feel like I was dipping my toe into swimming pool ever so gently, and as each day went on I'd gain .5 to 1 pound. By day 13 I looked at the scale - back up 5 lbs. So I hopped back on the Whole 30 - I've been back for a week, but I am unsure if this is what I should do. I don't mind if the weight I've gained is normal and healthy, but I certainly want to identify if this is a problem, or just a natural thing going on in my body. Anyone notice similar results/experiences? Would you recommend trying each food group for a longer period of time? Thanks a bunch! A Day Example: Breakfast - Scrambled eggs/spinach (with hot sauce) Lunch - Salad with Tessemae's Dressing and Grilled Chicken Dinner - Cauliflower, Baked Brussel Sprouts, Lean pork chop (or some other protein) - some nights it's spagetti squash noodles with turkey meatballs. Snack - Tons of Water and maybe an epic bar.
  20. Intolerance or Shock?

What type of dairy did you reintroduce? I’m allergic to the protein in dairy, so whey is definitely out (my throat gets itchy and feels like it’s closing and I immediately throw up) but I can have butter without any problems. Hard cheese and Greek yogurt doesn’t really affect me but Ice cream and regular yogurt does. So a lot of it is what you eat unfortunately; trial and error. Personally, unless it’s really worth it, I skip dairy for a host of other side effects that are common in people who aren’t allergic. Did you eat the same thing when you reintroduced gluten to make sure it wasn’t a shock to the system?
  21. Yesterday
  22. Starting on 3.19.2018 Is Anyone else?

Had a fantastic dinner with fish using the master recipe and adding in an Italian flair, plus sweet potatoes, butternut squash, onion, and potato roasted in the oven. I'm full, but recognize those cravings popping in! How is everyone feeling so far?
  23. Starting March 19th! Newbie :) Any Buddies??

Thanks, Di Di! Let me know how you are doing.
  24. Starting March 19th! Newbie :) Any Buddies??

Hello to all of you, I am now starting on Wednesday 3/21, and tomorrow I will be getting some meals together for the first few days. I am so nervous that I won't be able to do it, but I am turning 60 in June and refuse to do it with all this new extra 20 lbs. So here we go. I will be interested to hear how all of you have done during your first few days. I'm reading the Whole 30 Book now....
  25. Multi-day Backpacking

I would highly recommend not introducing foods in the middle of a trail. If they do cause stomach good in the backcountry. If you haven't been eating a lot of nuts and then suddenly start eating a lot, that can also be problematic. (I speak from experience.) I make and dehydrate most of my own backpacking meals. Chili being a favorite for dinner, sausage and sweet potato for breakfast, and a kind of tuna or salmon concoction for lunch. Although backpacking is doable on a Whole30, and I've done short weekends backpacking on Whole30, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a longer trip, as there are times when those little sugar-y snacks can get you through. Backpacking is often about calorie management, and vegetables are the least valuable calorie-wise for their weight/bulk. Although everything I make myself includes some sort of vegetable, I try to prioritize sweet potatoes since I feel like they're way more calorie-valuable than, say, bell peppers. I don't worry about trying to get meal template following meals in. If you have some money to burn, I believe some of these options are whole 30: I've never tried these (and they're not an answer to the vegetable question), but these have got my interest:
  26. Starting on 3/21

Hello Cupcake! I am starting on 3/21 also! I am excited and nervous. How about you?
  27. Lenten Whole30 2/14-4/1

Haven't checked-in in a while... I am 2 whole days away from reaching W30! I have stayed 100% compliant the whole time. I am stoked! I have energy again and it feels wonderful... I am having some anxiety about reintroducing foods. I'm finding it difficult to come up with a plan, because of the anxiety... Any suggestions? I know that I will be staying, most of the time, Paleo and I will be avoiding any refined sugars (I have found in my W30 journey that I was addicted to sugar, BIG TIME, and need to avoid it). I'm feeling so good and do not want to go through through that again. NSV? My son and husband were over-the-moon that I bought them Doritos and buns to go with their dinner last night, . The victory for me was not just taking a leap and allowing that food back into the house, it was the fact that I had absolutely no desire to "eat just one"; on the contrary, I couldn't stand the smell of them! This made me feel so good and just reaffirmed all my hard work. Another NSV, my clothes are fitting so much better. I had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago. He was very encouraging about W30. He asked me to get some blood work done and follow-up with him. My appointment is next week and can't wait to see what my labs look like compared to a year ago. Hoping to eventually be taken off some medications, that no 36 y/o should be on.
  28. Ideas for 12 hour shift days???

Hi, I'm working 12 hour shifts and just started my whole 30. I'm struggling the same way you are. Atleast you get to eat breakfast, I don't get to it untill 1000 which I know is so bad. As far as dinner, i started packing 2 lunches for work so I have my lunch and then dinner at work but there have been days when I came home and was hungry again so i in turn had 4 meals/day.
  1. Load more activity