All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ilana46720

Too much meat!

Thank you so much. I don’t eat fish because I am allergic to shell fish. Yes, I know that is not the only type of fish but I just never grew up eating it, and it has never been a part of my diet. I know it’s only going to be my 3rd day, but I feel like I’m gaining weight! is that possible??
  3. Today
  4. Eva Zu Beck

What are you making for Easter?

Grilled chicken, steak, baked potatoes and grill burgers maybe!
  5. Eva Zu Beck

How good is this Real Plans app?

I personally don't use w30 app. I have a well defined plan.
  6. Leigh Ann 24

Colonoscopy

Thank you!
  7. Jihanna

Substitute For Gum

During W30, I learned that I could ditch peppermints by keeping a cup of ice close at hand (crushed or small enough cubes so I can suck on them easily, keeping my mouth from drying out without constantly drinking) and using mint or ginger tea to help with stomach issues (generally mint for nausea and ginger for indigestion). Granted, that doesn't give the same "chewing" action unless you're going to crunch on the ice (which I don't recommend, for the sake of your enamel), but maybe it'll help. I will say that my W30 intake drastically decreased my occurrences of nausea and other stomach issues (from nearly daily to maybe once per week, and with new-found knowledge of certain foods that almost always cause it), so I'll hope you experience something similar!
  8. Are you recovered from your big event? Hopefully you have had some needed rest. 13K sounds like a lot of steps in one day - how many miles is that? Oh, the full moon sounds so magical. I'm loving seeing the moonlight around our place lately. Hooray for a new tent! Sounds like you got every inch of life out of the old one! Now the picking party is over, and you can relax a little bit! How is Kitty? Puffy and slimmer - I get it! I'm feeling fatter from recent-months' mission creep, but also slimmer from the last 16 days of W30'ing = ) So now, to keep on keeping on!!! Our staffer is back, so as of a few hours ago, my marathon is over...I did well food-wise, but I gradually stopped the morning yoga. Boy, was I productive, though! I got winter put away, and summer out. My new merchandise is selling like crazy -- cool fair trade stuff from Nepal among other things, and new window dressings, and, and, and...I've been a busy bee, including a 12-hour day on Saturday, which felt like the height of summer business-wise. All good! Tomorrow is my errands day (10 stops are on my list for home and store), and I will come home with that new gas grill! Yay! So I've been sitting at my desk planning recipes and groceries, and it will be a new world! I think I'll start with the brats (we bought lots more), and also make kabobs, and who knows what else. But I'm feeling a little bored with my usual recipes, so digging into the files of things I haven't tried yet, I'm planning tikka masala meatballs, oven-fried chicken tenders for fun and comfort, and a piccata, as it's been awhile. Where I usually plan finitely what I'm going to cook, in this case I'll bring home lots of great raw ingredients, and see what shakes out, which is out of my comfort zone, but I'm sure I'll survive, and intend not to waste anything which I sometimes do when I'm not as tightly organized. I'm so tired! TIme for a nap, or, to bed early! Zzzzzzz...the rest of my desk work can wait. Zzzzzzz
  9. ladyshanny

Restarting/Vent

Hi @Loyal Leslie - sorry you're struggling and good on you for rethinking your post. Whole30 definitely can take some people by surprise. Google "Whole30 budget" and there are lots of ideas. Just on this forum we have a tonne of threads about this: Here's a forum google search to get you started: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEV_enCA838CA838&ei=GbS_XI-YAszh-gThz47AAg&q=forum.whole30.com%3A+budget&oq=forum.whole30.com%3A+budget&gs_l=psy-ab.3...63101.68245..68377...1.0..0.85.1798.26......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i39j0i131j0j0i67j0i131i20i263j0i30j0i5i10i30j0i8i30j0i22i30j33i160.7_Lkbs7NoIo As for having time, the program does take a time committment and it often means reprioritizing other things in your life. Lots of our members will evaluate where they are spending their time (tv, scrolling social media, FB etc) and make different choices. Maybe it means getting up an hour earlier? We also recommend that if you are cooking that you make extra. An entire sheetpan of chicken thighs, a bunch of steamed brocoli etc.
  10. ladyshanny

Day 23 and I feel terrible

Hi @Hannah R - your menu looks ok to me - you could do away with the snacks and instead focus on larger meals. if you do need a snack between meals, stick with protein + fat or protein + veggies. The fruits and/or nuts aren't really doing anything for you. Are you easily making it 4-5 hours between meals? You could do with increasing your eggs at breakfast by a couple and make sure you are eating at least a palm of protein at each meal. Just so you know, chickpeas are not compliant with the program as they are a legume.
  11. Hannah R

Day 23 and I feel terrible

Okay. So, in the mornings I have 2 or 3 eggs with spinach or other veggies, usually. That's around 7:45-8a. Then for lunch (every day at 12:30p) I have a big salad with mixed dark and light greens and canned chicken or tuna with carrots, olive oil dressing and avocado if I happen to have some. Sometimes I also add chickpeas in as for a while I thought perhaps that would help me feel less tired? I don't feel like they do, however, so I don't add really them anymore. For snacks I will have a banana or a handful of roasted almonds. For dinner I usually have either stirfries with various ground meat and colorful veggie mix and cauli rice, or if I don't have that I have baked chicken with veggies (a variety, anything from steamed cauliflower/broccoli/carrot mixes to roasted sweet potatoes/brussel sprouts/red onions. That's anywhere from 6-8pm.
  12. ShannonM816

Too much meat!

Non-meat meals would use eggs for protein, and there are lots of options for that. I like this one, though it is a little bit of trouble to make because of draining the zucchini noodles: https://meljoulwan.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/. This one has chicken, but feels light to me: https://meljoulwan.com/2011/05/08/paleo-pad-thai/. Why do you not eat fish? If it's a texture or flavor preference, maybe we could help you find some that you might like. Of course if it's an allergy, then it's not an option at all. Some of the tips here might be helpful: http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/ As for the fat, it is important to have some fat with each meal, because it will help keep you satisfied between meals, and because healthy fats are actually good for you. But if you don't want as much oil, you could have a handful of olives or some avocado/guacamole, or make dips or sauces or dressings that may not feel as oily.
  13. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat doing the thing diary!

So yesterday was a giant fail. Laksa, followed by pepperoni pizza. My stomach HATES me. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Today, we have tuna salad with celery, and fajitas for dinner with romaine lettuce instead of tortillas.
  14. Ilana46720

Too much meat!

Hi everyone! Today is my second day on whole 30. I think I’m doing well so far!! My only thing is that I feel like I’m eating way to much meat (chicken and beef). I don’t eat fish so I know I’m limited. All of my meals today had a meat in it and now I just feel disgusted. Any meatless (no fish) recipes out there? Also I feel like I am eating so much oil (olive oil of course) I never consumed this much. Everything I make is with it. I know I can use ghee or coconut oil, but anything without oil at all? Or is this just what whole 30 is? Help! I’m afraid I’m being more unhealthy then I was before I started
  15. Yesterday
  16. Loyal Leslie

Restarting/Vent

So I decided to also come really clean so here’s the redone post I’m going to restart my program. I don’t have an official date yet. Easter was a non complaint day. I ate a few pieces of candy, a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from Starbucks, put honey in my tea because my throat was killing me and the honey was there and easier to get then buying throat coat tea that morning. Dinner was just as bad. My mom puts butter in everything and so I ate without speaking up that I needed special preparation for my food. I ate some fried okra yesterday and some peanuts today because I was starving. I ate my grilled nuggets and fruit from Chic-fil-A only to be told those are also no good. like ugh I can’t eat anything anymore. I just can’t eat out. Nothing is affordable, convenient, and compliant. I can’t afford to eat Chipotle everyday and I’m tired of chicken, turkey, and salad greens, spinach and sparse portions of fruit. I’m always hungry when I comply. I’m trying to make healthy food choices but like I’m broke dude and I work 40 hours a week. The last thing I want to do on my one day off is cook. I don’t have the fancy kitchen equipment like a food processor to make my own sauces and the meal plans are daunting to say the least. I may have bit off more than I can chew by starting because it sounded good and I liked what I read on the website. I’m telling you all this because I’m trying to have integrity with myself and make that a ruling principle of my life. I started the Whole30 as a part of my spiritual journey. I felt like if I could completely honor my body and do this program then I could also discipline my mind. This program is challenging me in ways I never imagined. I love a challenge and that’s why I don’t want to quit it. How does a busy single mom successfully do the Whole30? I need support.
  17. Loyal Leslie

Restarting/Vent

I’m going to restart my program. I don’t have an official date yetI just can’t eat out. Nothing is affordable, convenient, and compliant. I can’t eat Chipotle everyday and I’m tired of chicken, turkey, and salad greens spinach and sparse portions of fruit. I’m always hungry when I comply. I’m trying to make healthy food choices but like I’m broke dude and I work 40 hours a week. The last thing I want to do on my one day off is cook. I don’t have the fancy kitchen equipment like a food processor to make my own sauces and the meal plans are daunting to say the least. I may have bit off more than I can chew by starting because it sounded good and I liked what I read on the website. This program is challenging me in ways I never imagined. I love a challenge and that’s why I don’t want to quit it. How does a busy single mom successfully do the Whole30? I need support.
  18. True Primal

Chic-Fil-A grilled nuggets.

I wonder why it lists "natural flavor" 3 times. Must be very natural?
  19. Tina Marie

Need to do this !

Thanks Grace ! I hope you have much success with your w30 ! D2 I did it - weighed myself 195.2 it has been a steady increase for the last 2 yrs... I got to - about 178 with my first w30. M1 was raw carrot, celery, avocado and 1 boiled egg snack was 1 boiled egg and a small handful of almonds. M2 was another salad Last night M3 was fried shredded sweet potato with 1 egg and some roasted veggies. I know that I am not eating enough veggies - but have to go shopping ! and get some meal plans going. Then the food prep. That is what helps to stay on track. I have a retreat this weekend, typically the food is stuff I will be able to eat. I have already warned my friends that I can not partake of the junk food !! one friend will be bringing guac, so I will bring some veggies. tonight will be dress shopping for senior ball, so I will get some walking in - tomorrow I go in late so I am planning on getting in another good walk.
  20. kirbz

Unfortunately, no, not even close. Among other things, they have soybean oil, like four different forms of sugar, and various corn-related ingredients). Here is the ingredient list: https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Menu-Items/Grilled-Nuggets. One thing you'll definitely learn from this program is how many awful things they put in the foods we eat, even the ones that are so-called healthy! Best wishes to you!
  21. Hi there! It is hard to say without completing reintroduction, but it could be. I would also watch the quantity that you are putting on your veggies as that could be the culprit. You may want to introduce very small amounts of dairy at reintroduction, or if you don't miss it leave it out all together!
  22. Loyal Leslie

Yes or No? I have no access to the seasoning ingredient list so if anyone knows, please chime in.
  23. JoniScott

Starting May 1!

Hi Jordan! This will not be my first whole30, but I really need to do another one. It completely changed my life when I started two years ago. I still eat relatively Whole30 style. I had SEVERE digestive issues that dissipated within two weeks of the Whole30. I learned a whole new way to cook and eat. So, while I may not be new, I would like to do an "Official" Whole30 again in May to reset. Also, since it has been a while I look forward to learning new things and recipes along the way!
  24. True Primal

Edit posts?

Ok, thanks anyway... I replaced the forum-linked image with a True Primal logo to at least make the 404 error stop, which is hopefully not confusing.
  25. Gail Lovingdale

Started yesterday, April 8th! First time!

Welcome Shane!
  26. Last night I decided to try ghee again on some vegetables. Today I am once again not feeling well. Not as bad as last time but general nausea and a lot of brain fogginess sort of like if I were getting a bad head cold or sinus infection. If I am sensitive to ghee, does that mean that I'm likely extremely sensitive to dairy in general? This is making me scared about the reintroduction.
  27. ladyshanny

UHOH Bowel Trouble

If I were you I would immediately put aside all nuts, dried fruits, coconut and raw veggies. Focus on cooked proteins, cooked veggies and fat sources such as ghee or homemade mayo. These are all easier on the stomach and you will be able to see if the above have been causing you issues.
  28. Gail Lovingdale

UHOH Bowel Trouble

It's possible I have been eating too much nut products and/or coconut products. My usual day consists of: Breakfast-2 eggs w/veggies and potato Lunch-Salad w/protein (usually chicken) and homemade dressing Dinner-Protein and veggie-Usually a piece of chicken or fish in a homemade sauce Snacks-Nuts, Fruit, Dried fruit, Veggies... My gut has always been troublesome for me but this issue has been more relentless than the usual stomach pain and bloating.
  1. Load more activity