All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

1 hour later and the zip in these pants just gave out haahaa. Not due to being too tight, I think it was just worn but Plus, the plumber called and they can't fit my tap, I need to exchange it for a different one, so Ill have a working sink and cook top but I'll have to fill the sink with a bucket. Should be all done tomorrow, after I go buy a new tap tonight.
  4. Yesterday
  5. SchrodingersCat

How do I make this whole30 compliant?

Chimmichurri is life <3 <3 <3
  6. ShannonM816

This is a closer to compliant glaze, just use ghee or clarified butter instead of regular: https://www.tastingpage.com/cooking/sauted-steak-with-balsamic-vinegar-reduction/2014/2/17?format=amp Or go a different direction completely and go with a chimichurri sauce: http://meljoulwan.com/2014/07/02/chimichurri-aka-magic-sauce/ If you really want to try to make the one you've posted compliant, you could try using broth rather than the wine, and possibly add some fruit to increase sweetness a little if you feel it needs it.
  7. SchrodingersCat

YAY! Today I have a functioning kitchen again as of today. So happy! Tomorrow will go back to being fish Tuesday (stoked that hubster requested it, too!) PLUS, major NSV - I'm wearing size 16 (size 12 US) work pants that I haven't been able to wear in years. Last round they got to the point I could get them on but they'd barely do up and were uncomfortable, now they're perfectly comfy. WOOT!!! I'm only on day 9 but I feel like I have had a major "whoosh" weight loss. PS, last night I tried on a bustier that I have not been able to wear in years and it most certainly fit Today's meals: 1. Tuna veggie bake with spicy kraut 2. Sri Lankan beef and coconut curry with roasted veggie medley and cauli rice 3. Waiting for confirmation that my kitchen is usable before committing to anything, but may well be seared kangaroo steaks with chimmichurri, baked sweet potatoes, sauteed asparagus, green beans and carrots.
  8. SchrodingersCat

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Oh, I'm so sorry hon - how are you feeling? Mental health trumps W30 any day! Take care of YOU first and foremost.
  9. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Well I was in the ER last night, I may need to be hospitalized. I ate a sandwich at 2 am out of desperation. It’s ok, I was planning on doing this for two months anyway. Back to day 1 for me.
  10. ladyshanny

Day 7 report

Hi @Dee41 - you're free to keep a personal log to detail the things you may wish to note or remember: https://forum.whole30.com/forum/24-your-whole30-log/
  11. ladyshanny

Day 5 and a surprising find

Glad you discovered it and glad you're feeling better!
  12. ladyshanny

No sweeteners of any kind and no wine, sorry. Maybe pick a different recipe so that you don't have to make modifications? This one shared on our feed this week looks SO good: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcxHpOFz67/
  13. I have a friend that is doing the whole diet and I'm coming for him soon. I finally got a grill last week and I have one recipe he loves, but I'm fairly sure it's not whole (brown sugar and wine). https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/johnny-garlics-grilled-peppered-steak-with-cabernet-balsamic-sauce-recipe-1947826 I know I can just make a basic glaze but if really like to stick as close to that as possible. Is wine ok if it's cooked out? What about sweetening the glaze? I thought agave at first but apprantly that doesn't work either.
  14. Having your own kitchen for the trips should make sticking to your Whole30 totally doable! I would just suggest making a meal plan for the days you will be there and making sure you are prepared overall. Know where you can shop for food if you need to while you're there. Keeping your meals simple will help too. Remember, your only job is to eat compliant foods. Let good enough be good enough Good luck!
  15. Lindseydalton

Marinade/Dressing

This dressing sounds so good and would be great as a marinade too. If you don't have compliant Dijon mustard I bet regular would taste just as good https://www.theendlessmeal.com/lifesaving-lemony-salad-dressing/
  16. I might be crazy, but I'm starting tomorrow, even though I have two trips planned that will overlap my 30 days. I think. I'm pretty sure. Just making shopping list now... Yeah, crazy? Both trips are painting workshops. I will benefit from both if my brain is working well, which it's not right now. I've had the oddest headache and severe afternoon fatigue for starting my third month now. MRI etc, no brain tumor or other scary thing. B12 and D deficiencies - being treated, seeing progress - but it's slow going. My doctor recommended Whole 30, as I have other signs of inflammation etc. She said at least give up dairy, and if you could meet my Sugar Dragon - oh my, she's a beast. Her name is Dammit Janet. So - damn the torpedoes, I'm diving in. I think. Looking for feedback? I figure I'm not going to get the most out of life, or these two workshops, if I'm half dead every afternoon anyway (my current state). And the first one falls within the possible "Tiger Blood" days. I'll have my own kitchen for both trips. They're not eating type vacations. They're doing things trips, with full day all-engrossing distraction. And if I want until after these - that's July - with periodontal surgery scheduled, which means pain killers... Seems like there just won't be a perfect time, so why not now? And if I derail and have to start over, I start over? Thoughts? Suggestions?
  17. Lindseydalton

Freezer Meals

I use frozen broccoli not fresh. Any kind of compliant pasta sauce, marinara included. The broccoli does get mushy but I shred the chicken and broccoli together. It blends right in with the sauce which is a total win for me getting my kids to eat more veggies! Win win!
  18. Jihanna

City BBQ

The good news is that you CAN make your own barbecue, you just need a recipe that's compliant (or can be subbed into compliance). It's not going to taste exactly like the barbecue you can get from a restaurant, or even the barbecue you'd get by adding a 16oz sauce bottle to a crockpot with meat... but my experience with homemade barbecue during Whole30 have been good, and even my family liked it. We used this bbq chicken recipe, though I did tweak mine a bit compared to the original I'm linking... -- coconut oil for browning the chicken (instead of olive or avocado) -- 1 whole large sweet onion in place of 1 medium red onion -- I definitely didn't spring for the BBQ rub from Primal Palate, so just salt, pepper, and garlic powder on ours -- in the sauce, we cut the vinegar by a tad, used plain mustard (instead of brown), plain paprika (not smoked), and extra garlic. *** be sure to double-check your mustard and tomato sauce ingredients! Here's a BBQ sauce recipe from Primal Palate, just remember to check your labels and omit the maple syrup for Whole30.
  19. SchrodingersCat

Yum, plated fat is lemon garlic tahini on the lamb and veggies. So good!
  20. I hope you all don't mind me writing this down here, I'm trying to keep track of how things are going as I'm sure I'll forget the details by day 30! Apart from one oopsie with sausages (as per my other post), I've been 100% compliant, I will be continuing to day 35 as a consequence but for morale reasons am still calling this day 7 (plus I would be massively surprised if wheat/gluten turns out to be my problem, but I guess you never know). 3 meals per day, only 1 snack out of desperation on a day with an 8h gap between lunch and dinner. Only drinking water, close to 2L per day, with the odd half cup of green tea (maybe once every 2 days). The meals seem to be keeping me full for 5-6h without any problems, though it took some time to get used to the "empty" feeling in my stomach and not think of it as hunger. I'm a chronic snacker usually, and am used to constantly having a biscuit here and a bit of chocolate there, result of stress/habit - one I'm trying to break! I actually feel good! 1. The last 3 days I woke up before my alarm, and actually felt fairly energetic, whereas I usually have to drag myself out of bed and it takes me about an hour to be awake enough to function. 2. I've also not felt weak and dizzy and starving in the mornings the way I usually do (and by usually I mean pretty much constantly since I was a teenager, so we're talking almost 30y here). I've always had to have breakfast ASAP after getting up, and it usually involved something carby. 3. My skin looks much better 4. I haven't been dizzy or light headed even once for the whole week, and that's usually 1-2 times per day occurrence. And no headaches either. I'm mainly crediting the cold turkey break-up with sugar and coke (I was really overdoing both) for the improvements thus far! I'm still getting tired later in the day, but not as crushingly exhausted as I have been prior to W30. The only downside is that I'm pretty sure I've gained weight, and it's not just bloating - all my trousers feel tight over the legs/backside, which is not awesome but I can cope with it for a bit. Am considering reducing my portions slightly as the amounts seem to be working quite well for keeping me full - there are some meals when I'm not really hungry (but eat anyway), unless I've gone over a 6h gap. Looking forward to the next 7 days!
  21. Thank you very much! I felt back to normal by the following morning so tested your theory and ate the rest of the cauliflower mixture for breakfast (without the pesky sausages! ) - similar problem, but a bit less intense, presumably due to a smaller portion of cauliflower compared to the night before. I do love brassicas in general, but have been eating more of them this week than usual. Thank you
  22. SchrodingersCat

Whole30, Take Two

I hear you, I just made butterscotch brownies for work tomorrow and even though I didn't want brownies, per se, the smell is killing me!!!
  23. SchrodingersCat

Change of plans, dinner is roast lamb with roasted veggie medley and sweet potato and pumpkin puree. I'm making butterscotch brownies to take to work tomorrow. The smell is KILLING me, and not licking the bowl/spoon/testing skewer is SO HARD. It's not that I want brownies, but they're there and they smell amazing.
  24. SchrodingersCat

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

May not have been template, but it's compliant, so go you!! I really think the whole diet improving mental health conditions is SO individual. Not to mention that it may get worse before it gets better, especially if W30 is messing with hormones.
  25. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

So I’ve been exhausted all day, my depression and the Zyprexa haze is kicking my ass. Whoever said the whole 30 improves bipolar disorder LIED. Emotionally I’m not feeling great today. I’ve been pretty grouchy too. It could be my period, my worst episodes come around my period. I haven’t been eating the template very well at all today, just couldn’t. Breakfast was 4 eggs and sweet potato wedges. Lunch was egg salad on romaine lettuce, spaghetti squash Dinner was Greek marinated chicken and a baked potato with clarified butter.
  26. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

I feel that way about kale. To each their own I love spaghetti squash.
  27. SchrodingersCat

I think it was just my day 7 "ok, we're having all the good food, lets cleanse!" thing haahaa Busy day to day, had to tackle our completely out of control, full of dog poop yard - that was 2 hours and a lot of energy, but it is mowed, trimmed, raked and now looks like... well, it looks like crap because the dog ate the garden, but it's tame crap. Then pulled out bookshelves in the spare room to locate power points behind them and carve holes so they were accessible. Now to go to the hardware store (only the third time this weekend, isn't home ownership a joy?), puck up the laundry and I still need to make something for work bake-off tomorrow, despite not having a functioning kitchen. Lunch: Tuna veggie bake with a couple of dill pickles Dinner: lamb shanks in tomato sauce, steamed veggies
  28. doubledee

Oh no--feel better! I was just thinking your roast pork dinner sounded delicious...
  1. Load more activity