All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ShadowInTheKitchen

Shadow’s May 2020 Whole30

W30 R3 Thursday August 13, 2020 M1: steamed green beans, kale, prosciutto, 2 eggs, ghee Snack: Kit Kat bar and 1/2 Rolo bar Snack: Reese peanut butter cup, a bit of ice cream M2: potato-egg salad Snack: vanilla ice cream M3: carrot, leftover pork in non-compliant sauce Well I'm sliding down the slippery slope. I should know by now that when I start with sugar it doesn't end well. Sigh. It's not a total loss, my meals have been mostly compliant. That's a victory. One of my early goals was to be able to eat healthy balanced meals without having to put too much thought into it, and I'm doing that. Thinking back to how I felt about putting together compliant meals before I even started on this W30 thing, I've come a long way! I'm going away for a mini vacation this weekend, and I won't stay compliant, eating in restaurants for most of the next three days. But I will eat well. Fingers crossed
  3. Today
  4. Brewer5

Like an Onion

Day 18: 8/13/20 -- Thanks, ladies. Just got the update from my sister & sounds like they've kept him busy all day. My MIL was pretty upset by the whole thing ... paranoia is part of the mix she has going on, so I have spent quite a bit of time last night & this morning trying to allay her fears. He's a teenage boy with a strong will. We just want to see him use it to do good. Finally, I think she has calmed. We had a nice walk around the neighborhood with the dogs tonight.
  5. Yesterday
  6. SchrodingersCat

Guess who's back? Back again, Schrodey's Back...

Whew, I've woken up feeling a lot better than I have in days, I have vertigo but not terribly and I've gotten over my traditional migraine. Actually woke up before the alarm properly (not even just dozily). Glad it is Friday, I'm looking forward to it being weekend, even if there's F all to do!! I bought a really cool cross-stitch pattern yesterday, though I need Aida and cotton to start it, so that won't be this weekend (lock down means online shopping only!). I might get my cook on, I have a bunch of empty jars - I might whip up some ready made sauces for compliant salsa/relish. Usually on the weekend I take the doggo for an extra long walk, but we're only allowed out for an hour a day (or usual walk time) so that won't happen, boo. Foods today: Meal 1: Probably soup and tuna patties again, they're there and easy. I'll need to prep more protein to go with my soup over the weekend - might make some potsticker pork patties, they'd go well with Thai soup. I have enough soup for a week. Meal 2: Lemon and garlic chicken drums with Mediterranean style cauli rice (roasted cherry tomatoes, wilted baby spinach and kalamata olives with a lemon, balsamic and oil dressing) and a green salad with dijon vinaigrette. Usually Fridays are a bit of a struggle because of the wine temptation, but to be honest, the more rounds I do (and also doing no drinking in between them, periodically) - I think I'm breaking up with booze. Not total teetotal, but more of an 'event and holiday' drinker and not a 'woot its the weekend' drinker. The cost isn't worth the fun. It really knocks me around these days, I must be getting old!!
  7. Ginsky

Gin's 6th Whole30 Log

Day 13 I woke up feeling normal and competent. I went for a walk and a swim after breakfast. I got scallops, enough for about 4 meals. I cooked all the scallops and used half of those to make a fra diavolo and put the other half away lightly seasoned so I can decide later how I want them. It'll depend on my mood, I have plenty of ideas. I finished off the last of the yogurt this afternoon just in time to get the new batch into the fridge. The sauerkraut jars are doing well on the counter. Breakfast- poached eggs seasoned with dill and a side of fried cabbage and onions with a dab of coconut milk yogurt. Post exercise snack- cashews. Lunch- halupki with a little coconut milk yogurt. Dinner- scallops fra diavolo with kalamata olives, zucchini, and yellow squash. Plenty leftover for tomorrow. I love having leftovers, it's like someone else cooked for you.
  8. Congratulations, sounds like you are well on your way! I'm so glad you are sticking it out, it's all so worth it.
  9. Mikaliki

Starting August 5th- need this to feel happier

ON to day 5, almost forgot what day im on. still feeling really bloated, heavy.
  10. Melissa73

Boars head meats

I now there are only a few boars head compliant deli meats, mostly roast beef, but here is a list of all of the applegate whole 30 approved items. There are many of them! Some even say whole 30 approved right on the packaging! https://applegate.com/whole30approved
  11. kirbz

Discouraged on Day 12

You're not alone! Days 10 and 11 are typically known as "The Hardest Days." Here's the Whole30 Timeline, which is a general timeline based on what most people tend to feel throughout the program: https://whole30.com/revised-timeline/. Hang in there and best wishes to you!
  12. Contessa

Take Advantage

Taking note of your own interior weather system feels like a great win here. You're creating space between stimulus (craving) and response, which is a really important part of this process. Small steps are still forward motion. Hugs for you on this gloomy, stormy day.
  13. MadyVanilla

Take Advantage

I'm feeling like wallowing today, not wanting to eat well. I ended up with an Italian sub for lunch yesterday - old habit, very busy work day, easier to order and have a delivery than to take 10 minutes to put together food I had ready and that I like. Also, it's easier to eat food with my hands than it is to eat with a fork when I'm working on the computer...that seems so ridiculous and lazy as I write it, but it's how I perceive things, though as I think about it, it doesn't make sense that it's easier. Dinner last night ended up being a few handfuls of chips (still working) then a bunch of raisins later. I had an appointment to get lab work done at 7:45 this morning, and needed to fast for 12 hours. I did do yoga last night, but no other exercise and very few steps through the day. I can see where yesterday's poor choices are impacting me today - I'm really craving bad foods...I went into the lab and then home a different way because I was having thoughts of a trip through the Dunkin drive-thru for breakfast. Plus, it's a gloomy, stormy day which just matches my mood. Days like this I walk on the edge - I can fight through the day to make good choices or I can decide it's not worth it and just give in. At least by journaling about it, I'm making myself think about what I'm doing.
  14. laura_juggles

Tillamook 0 Sugar Beef Jerky

I'm not trying to be a tool (I swear), but (even though I'm sure it used to be there) caramel color is *not* on the Sneaky Sugar list... https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-sugar.pdf Edited to add: It's also not on the additives list.
  15. MadyVanilla

Gin's 6th Whole30 Log

I know it feels so good to be productive, making delicious and nourishing foods!
  16. MadyVanilla

Like an Onion

{{{hugs}}}
  17. SchrodingersCat

Office lunch game changer

That's so cool!!
  18. SchrodingersCat

I've almost made it through the day, I'm really glad for the working at home thing or I'd have flaked out by now. I'm struggling hard. 1st meal did end up being soup, then 2 tuna patties with mayo throughout the afternoon, and some olives. I usually try not to graze like that, but when I feel this garbage, I have to eat when I feel up to it, but not enough to make me feel ill, so spreading it out makes sense. Dinner will be scotch fillet steak with veggies, I've just picked some fresh broccolini, so I'll saute that up with some Brussel sprouts and mash up some cauli and potato with ghee. Very easy, very boring but about the limit of my abilities right now. So glad tomorrow is Friday. I intended to start getting some exercise but right now being upright is a struggle, so I'll pick my battles.
  19. AlexCaro

Office lunch game changer

I've never seen something like this before but it looks very useful. It's amaizing, you can bring it it every place you want. I'm sure even cooking in the car could be possible if you will make the cable suitable for cars
  20. AlexCaro

Make your own "sub" sandwich

Sounds delicious, definitely need to try it. Thanks for sharing!
  21. ShadowInTheKitchen

W30 R3 Wednesday August 12, 2020 M1: breakfast hash with leftover pork and potatoes, pineapple, kale, egg M2: green salad Snack: dates sandwiched between pecan halves M3: corn, leftover pork in non-compliant bbq sauce Snack: ice cream cone Starting over again tomorrow. That ice cream is rumbling in my belly and I'm feeling bloated and wondering was it worth it?
  22. ShadowInTheKitchen

Like an Onion

Oh that's tough, and on top of everything else you have going on. It's hard to understand the teenage brain. I wish you the best as you and your family work through this. Congrats on remaining sober.
  23. Brewer5

Like an Onion

Day 17: 8/12/20 -- As I was sitting here typing up last night's post, apparently my middle son (15) was busy cooking up plans to run away in the night. Out his bedroom window ~ and left a note on his bed to the effect of: "Don't worry. I'll be back soon." He was located relatively quickly ... right before I officially reported him as a runaway. And he's now on his way to stay at my sister's farm ~ pretty far from here, in the middle of nowhere ~ and with my brother-in-law, who is a state police officer. He'll be getting lots of nature and animals, and they have work for him to do. I'm still sober. In fact, pretty calm. My husband was worked up enough for both of us.
  24. Rebecca6262

Starting tomorrow 8/12

I have never in my life stuck to anything like this. But my GERD is unrelenting and my body aches all the time. Not to mention I have "outgrown" my pants. So this is really important
  25. Last week
  26. Contessa

So sorry to hear about the bumpy start to the day. Migraines are 100% The Worst. Sounds like those catlike reflexes were the difference between a black coffee and a creamy coffee — glad you could salvage the milk! Hope you can good care of yourself and go easy with life today.
  27. SchrodingersCat

Good morning, gang. Feeling utterly sandbagged today, between migraine, migraine meds and sleeping aid, I would totally still be asleep in bed if I didn't have a couple of things with a deadline at work today. I got up, showered, went to make a coffee, got out my fresh litre of coconut and almond milk, went to shake it and because my motor skills are still affected, dropped it and ended up with it all over the floor. Luckily I saved most of it, and it's now in a very old school glass bottle in the fridge. Great start to the day. Food plans for today: Meal 1: Tuna patties and soup Meal 2: Not at all sure, I'll have to do a deep freeze dive shortly. If I continue to remain feeling garbage it will just be something like pork steak and roasted veg medley.
  28. Ginsky

I love that kalua pig recipe! That's rough about finding the bag of candy in the pantry. At least it's out of there now.
  29. Ginsky

Who's participating in Aug 2020 Whole30?

I'm on Day 12, started on the 1st. This is my 6th Whole30. I was going to do it in August but then a friend asked me to do it with her for August.
  1. Load more activity