This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ShannonM816

Women’s probiotic

Both of these look okay.
  3. Today
  4. Kddouglas

Women’s probiotic

Can anyone tell me if these are compliant? If not, please link any suggestions!
  5. Amy_Michigan

Starting July 10

How are you doing? I'm just starting day 1.
  6. Latterdayhippie

Starting July 8th and Preparing for All the Suck

Except I’m hurting. The last couple of days I have had dull constant pain in my hips, stiffness, and general aches and pains all over: the stuff I’m hoping to get over. Normal light exercise and stretches leave me sore. Could this be an effect of toxins being released? Unrelated?
  7. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Also found out that my almost two year old also liked it too! I am not too surprised, because she is a pretty adventurous eater but it was definitely a new flavor profile for her since it think we have only had Thai food a few times since she was born and none of those times she has come with us and had never had a Thai curry before.
  8. Starting today/tomorrow. Picking up groceries on way home from work. Will update my log tomorrow for Day 1. I am starting today as Day 0 (a prep/practice day). I have no idea how much I weigh because when I tried to weigh myself recently, the batteries had died in my scale so I put it away. Probably in the 220-230lb range. So this is purely going to be for NSV since I don't really know for sure! My skin on my face has been horrible ever since October of last year after I put some tea tree oil on some acne. I have never been able to correct my skin chemistry and I probably made it worse trying, and now I have red flareups on both sides of my nose that have both acne and dry skin issues. I'm 32, and have had good skin until last October . I have not been able to motivate myself to eat healthy for at least a year. Maybe eating healthy will finally clear up my skin. Any healthy eating is going to be a major improvement for me. I am a fast food junkie/addict (mostly donut shop and starbucks). I work full time and I'm always rushing in the morning, so I stop on my way to work to get breakfast. Then I need a break from work so I leave to go get fast food. I am hoping to eat at work during my whole 30 & take walks for work breaks. I am very sensitive to online moderators opinions, so please be easy on me! I am experienced and I know what is and isn't compliant. It is going to appear like I am a beginner because of being too lazy for food prep, but I have completed a successful Whole30 before. Based on those healthy habits I learned from that Whole30, I continued to eat healthy and exercise to get down to a healthy lifestyle and body 4 years ago. Since that time I have had a baby and I let stress and laziness (and fatigue caused by Lupus) get in the way of getting back to a healthy lifestyle. GOALS: 1. Reduce redness on my face from whatever is causing it (acne/eczema) 2. Reduce bloat and fit into my clothes (stop buying new, larger clothes for $$$) 3. Increase energy/productivity 4. Start walking/exercising
  9. Latterdayhippie

Day 8 has dawned and I feel much better in terms of less hunger and fewer cravings. Still struggling a little with not being able to enjoy a beer or glass of wine with my friends, but I’m committed and know it’ll be worth the short term sacrifice. Saturday I shopped the Farmers Market and last night made dinner for my sweetie. I grilled organic, free range chicken thighs along with a spaghetti squash. While they were cooking I sliced a fresh tomato and made pesto without cheese. After I shredded the spaghetti squash into a bowl I added the pesto and it was REALLY GOOD. Here’s my pesto recipe: 1/3 cup lightly toasted walnut halves 2 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves generous amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 cloves fresh garlic Approximately 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, more or less to get proper consistency -place all ingredients except Olive oil into food processor and pulse/grind until everything is the size of coarse corn meal. Open feed and drizzle olive oil in while processing until pesto is the desired consistency (I like mine to be like a thin paste.) thats it! Super tasty and can be used as a dip, a topping, or a sauce
  10. Latterdayhippie

Yoga is helping me tremendously with stress relief, especially “stretch and restore” and yin yoga. The longer poses allow time for meditation and connecting with your breath, all while restoring mobility and healthy movement to your body.
  11. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Day 1 and 2 (Saturday & Sunday) - Food Freedom! I was hoping to keep it going, but some good opportunities to practice my food freedom came up. All of my breakfasts and dinners were compliant, but my lunches were not. On Saturday, I had some Pad Thai. I looked through the menu and while nothing was really complaint (i would suspect fish sauce and peanuts at a minimum), something like a curry that would have been very close just did not seem worth it. So I choose the Pad Thai and gave the egg roll to my daughter (Whhhhatttt!!!!! I Seriously did not even take a nibble!) It was so worth it. But I did not eat too much and even let my husband have the next day leftovers. Seriously. This is unheard of for me. Sunday I had my favorite salad at Mendocino Farms. Not sure on the ingredients, but it does have cheese and very likely sugar, honey, etc. This seemed like a pretty minor off plan meal. Since most of it should have been compliant and they use higher quality ingredients. About half the cheese I gave to my daughter too. Seriously. What is wrong with me. Hahaha. There were several times this weekend that I passed on having "just one bite" of something that was just not worth it to me. We will see how long this lasts, but I am pretty proud of this weekend. Hopefully after four days in Vegas, I won't revert back to my old ways. Especially since I wont really have much time to food prep for the week after and we are moving that week. Yikes!
  12. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Day 46 (Friday) Friday was 100% Whole30, which was planned since I had food prepped my breakfasts and lunches for the week....Energy was good but I did get a tall coffee from Starbucks. I was going to get a decalf, but they could only do a pour over and I was trying to get out of there for my morning meetings. Still feeling good! Breakfast (8:30 AM): chorizo hash (onions, carrots and celery) with avocado Lunch (12:00 PM): green curry with chicken. I added potatoes for some starchy veggies. Dinner (7:30): Hash browns and prosciutto. Still not good, but I didn't really prep for dinner and we are light on the groceries since we are going out of town next week for four days.
  13. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Thanks!
  14. Jihanna

Tajin Seasoning

I'm assuming it's the silicon dioxide that's throwing you here, since it's got a tricky-sounding name... but it's just a trace mineral that shouldn't force you to avoid using this seasoning during Whole30.
  15. Emma

Whole 30 (July 2)

Day Fourteen - I'm faltering....I'm awake and here and I haven't meditated. Okay, Phew. I did. I left my sentence and went away for 12 minutes so meditation is technically done, but it was like The Bare Minimum of Quality. I was up last night till past midnight. We had guests and three extra kids sleeping in the room with me and they all did great, but it was a late night. And an early morning due to the cat, the kids, the dog, the cat, the cat, the cat. So, I have a headache and can tell that I'm not zipping to go. Ah well. Goals for the day: Meditate (done), Practice today, Eat Whole30
  16. I like to call this Phase 2 of my life. I just graduated from college. I have achieved that goal and now I am ready to work on losing 50 pounds. Here I go.....
  17. Beets

Whole 21

Day 1 I’m coming back here to keep myself on track. I can’t do a W30 bc I’m going away w friends where we are all sharing meals but if I can get started I’ll maintain Want to feel healthier, eliminate a bunch of the sugar and fake food that’s taken over my diet. Also of course I have gained weight and I hate it. I feel so much better when I am fit. Not just how I look but how I feel in my body. I am a stranger in my body and I need to feel connected. So. Day 1. Just weighed myself for first time in years. Have been doing a lot of Pilates and feel strong but I don’t think I’m *that strong. I felt so damn good in my strict AIP days. Was a super pain in the ass to eat anywhere but home but I felt so awesome. Food was sustenance not pleasure. Tasted good too but I liked feeling like an ascetic. Found an an old pic from those day where I was taking a bathroom selfie and my little daughter was looking up at me. I want to be a good role model in terms of health not fretting about my weight. But feeding myself good food and feeling good not wringing hands over what I’m eating would be good. Also my kids eat too much sugar. Gonna do it.
  18. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat post-W30 diary!

When I get back on track, and make myself delicious meals, I kick myself all the more for not eating this deliciousness!
  19. Emma

Whole 30 (July 2)

Day Thirteen is coming to a close. I ate a whole bunch of almond butter this evening. And some whipped coconut milk. It was all quite decadent. We were having a party and so I joined in and came out of it fairly okay. Breakfast Today: Eggs and a yellow squash - It was a medium squash so it was a really big breakfast which was actually good because it doubled as lunch since I totally forgot I didn't eat this morning. Forgot. Completely. Dinner: I hosted dinner for out of town guests and their parents and it went super well. One of the parents doesn't eat sugar and some of the others have food allergies and there I was with this beautiful dinner: Spinach/Arugula salad, Sweet potatoes, Roasted cauliflower and roasted broccoli, Egg Roll in a Bowl (Broccoli slaw with ground pork, onion, chives, coconut aminos, and garlic. The kids ate lots. The grownups ate lots. It's great, but also so sad that there are very few leftovers. On a good note, I kinda whipped up that dinner about 40 minutes before they arrived and it was all pretty easy. I meditated this morning. I did NOT practice. Ugh. I even wanted to and I even had pockets of time where I could have. However, I DID go to the gym and I went in the sauna for a really long time. I know the sign says, "15 minutes" but I think I was in there for an hour. I read that the Finnish people say to stay until you are too hot so I just kept staying and staying until finally the sweat started really happening and I got tired of wiping it from my eyes. How long should it take for people to start dripping in sweat in a dry sauna? I feel like my body took a long time, but I was really quite comfortable.
  20. Yesterday
  21. SchrodingersCat

Oh, I'm also reverting to my peculiar brand of intermittent fasting on weekdays - I am more than happy on black coffee and herbal tea until around noon, then I have meal 1, meal 2 is around 3:30, 4pm, meal 3 around 7:30 and then herbal tea until bed. If I eat early, I eat all day.
  22. SchrodingersCat

So I have successfully completed 2 rounds, 1 reintro and utterly failed at Food Freedom. But I need to commit to a lifestyle and not continue my horrid merry-go-round of overly restricting then going hog-wild, so I'm not going to call this round 3, and I'm not going to keep a "Whole 30 Log", instead I'm committing to my post Whole 30 life. My plan is to stay compliant save for when I have events, or not being compliant is WORTH IT. I have a Christmas in July this weekend, so obviously that won't be compliant but until then I will follow W30 principals, and will be back on track the very day after. I find journaling my food keeps me sensible and accountable, so I will do that here. Day 1 of new commitment to Food Freedom! Meal 1: 2 Prosciutto, egg, mushroom and capsicum bites with spicy kraut Meal 2: Beef "stoup" with cauli rice (diced beef, carrot, celery, mushrooms, beef stock, tomato paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, tabasco, and a bit of potato starch to thicken - not thick enough for stew, not thin enough for soup, but lovely and warming!) Meal 3: I forgot to get something out of the freezer, but think it will be lamb chops with egyptian dukkah, roasted pumpkin, cauliflower and brussel sprouts with a garlic and basil ghee drizzle.
  23. Has anyone ordered the frozen meat or meat bundles from Thrive market? I’m looking find a good bundle to get shipped and Pederson Farms and Thrive Market both look good so I was curious about what others are doing? I am slowly learning and did try to search the forums before asking but did not see anything specific.
  24. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

Mini-reset day 1! Meal 1: 2 Prosciutto, egg, mushroom and capsicum bites with spicy kraut Meal 2: Beef "stoup" with cauli rice (diced beef, carrot, celery, mushrooms, beef stock, tomato paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, tabasco, and a bit of potato starch to thicken - not thick enough for stew, not thin enough for soup, but lovely and warming!) Meal 3: I forgot to get something out of the freezer, but think it will be lamb chops with egyptian dukkah, roasted pumpkin, cauliflower and brussel sprouts with a garlic and basil ghee drizzle.
  25. Hello! I am excited to start this 30 day journey to eating and feeling better. Heading to the store tomorrow to get the necessary rations for this. Read the Whole30 book and have gathered some recipes. I REALLYwant yo stay disciplined and complete this. Any tips? Thanks! Crissie
  26. KaraS

Wow impressive! You cooked for guests that must have felt great. My husband has always been the chef but he has been to tired to cook so I have been and it’s building a ton of confidence. I am also really looking forward to supporting local farmers. I haven’t had the energy and time yet but we have a farmers market here in Temecula on Wednesday so I am going to do my best to get there.
  27. KaraS

I too am focused on reintroduction to keep inflammation down. Welcome to the group. I am excited to learn how to keep my body young and healthy via healthy food choices. Look forward to this journey together!
  1. Load more activity