All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ShannonM816

Coated Birth Control Pills

It's a prescribed medication, it falls under the "doctor's orders trump whole30 rules" exception. You can keep taking it.
  3. mcki0133

Starting May 1!

Hi! I will be starting on May 1st as well -- I did my first Whole30 3 years ago and want to give it another try
  4. Today
  5. Elizabeth33

Starting May 1!

I am looking to restart as well on the 1st
  6. Elizabeth33

Starting soon but have some questions!

I don’t know if you have a Whole Foods by you. I can get everything there. That being said I usually go to Ralph’s because I can get somethings cheaper. You can also order things online https://thrivemarket.com/certifications/whole30-approved?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=DynamicSearchAds&utm_content={adgroupid-m}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2IrmBRCJARIsAJZDdxCJ5HNZ2AOY2raChjlVI0iVb7Uaf_U73rrLVTxChXXwipNbQNcEBaEaAsTGEALw_wcB https://whole30.com/whole30-approved/
  7. alicejaneaj

Coated Birth Control Pills

Hi, My birth control is "coated" which I am pretty sure means with sugar since it tastes slightly sweet. However, it is absolutely tiny. Will this be a big issue? Should I stop taking it for the duration of doing the Whole30? Thank you!
  8. Just to make the Siberian "lasagna" more fun, it's called Herring Under a Blanket! Now I really want to make it! And I was right, it's compliant ingredients even though I'm sure the mayo that was in my friend's was not. I'm feeling that as well. The walking challenge feels good and I'm smack in the middle of the pack right now, #25 out of 50 people. It's really helping me go with the W30 trust-the-program flow. Today I get to wear real clothes to work and that feels good, too. I'm tired of wearing scrubs. Even though they're comfy, they're sloppy. The big advantage has always been that they were cheap so if you get bleach or something yucky on them it's not the end of the world but now they're named after TV shows and trying to be stylish so they're pricey. I can get a $30 scrub top or a cute T-shirt from Costco for $14! As my scrubs are wearing out, I think I might transition to real clothes for the first time in my career (except for the 1 year that I was management and had to really dress). I even managed to eat my breakfast that had tomato sauce and red kraut without wearing it! I'm attending a conference this afternoon that I've been looking forward to for a couple of months- they call it a retreat but I'm not sure how you can retreat for 4 hours! The Unknown As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don’t know we don’t know. —Feb. 12, 2002, Donald Rumsfeld Department of Defense news briefing That's what I'm hoping for today! Teach me something that I don't know I don't know!
  9. Isis Mob

Starting May 1!

Hi, I’m Isis, and live in Munich. I’m also starting on May 1st for the first time! Good to hear that I’ll have at least two other people to inspire me in this path!
  10. Excited but need support! I live in Munich/Germany, but I am not fluent in the language. I cannot read the labels in German... Any tips for me? Thanks!!!
  11. Eva Zu Beck

Eating out

It can be difficult but not impossible to eat out, on whole 30. Depending on your locale, time and resources.
  12. Eva Zu Beck

Morning Suggestions

A small meal will be a better option at your break. Prepare yourself a meal with balanced veg, protein and fat. Best of luck!
  13. AnnaCampbell

Valentines Day Breakfast Menu Suggestions

How was the menu? Did everyone love it?
  14. AnnaCampbell

What's for dinner?

Hi. Yesterday we had tasty grilled meals. I cooked barbecue on Portable Titanium Pocket BBQ Grill. My family loved the delicious barbecue meals cooked on this grill. Today, I will try the new barbecue recipes and I hope my family loves it. What you guys are having for today's dinner?
  15. AnnaCampbell

Don't over think this.

Great post!
  16. Yay Tiger Blood! How adventurous and fun: sushi, and Siberian "lasagna"...I'm calling it that because anything that is layered I call lasagna...and I love because such a layered dish is full of combinations, and combinations are a joy in life, I say. This combo does sound a bit odd, but I totally take your word for it that it was amazing....and now I want some. Thanks for the vote of confidence re grilling, and also for your tips, and the website. I have often had natural gas stoves, though it has been over 10 years. As for propane, this is the first time I've had propane - it only applies to our furnace, and the rest is electric. Having a propane tank on the grill will take some getting used to psychologically, but once I know it's hooked up correctly (I think I'll have Hubs help me this weekend) and I get the burners tested and fired up, I think I will have a comfort level with it - heck, maybe I'll be a natural! That's what I'm telling myself about the gardening, too, though that will be a longer haul! I've been up and down our steep road 4 times in two days, for fun, and also to visit a neighbor. When I got home, I flashed on previous eras in my life when I lost weight and I wasn't even trying: I was just really engaged in my life and very active. I'm holding on to that! No, please don't kick yourself. I don't like people messing with my friends I'm going to go enjoy a hot bath, and take the CBD a little early!
  17. Jihanna

Butter or ghee

I keep my ghee and coconut oil on the same shelf. Here in Georgia, it can get pretty warm, and I've noticed that while my coconut oil will usually stay solid until it hits around the 80s, my ghee has pretty constantly stayed at least partially melted unless it's been a rather chilly day... but that said, I've never had an issue with the ghee functioning or tasting like it should. If it worries you, though, you could always store it in the fridge.
  18. SchrodingersCat

Invited to a Bake-Off at Work?!

I adore this recipe, I made it during reintro - I sub the baking powder for baking soda and cream of tartare, meaning the only non-compliant ingredient is the sugar: https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/orange-and-almond-cake
  19. Yesterday
  20. ShannonM816

Invited to a Bake-Off at Work?!

The first recipe has cornstarch in it. The baking powder the others call for is something you'd have to watch, because it can contain cornstarch. The first recipe calls for oreos, and one calls for a vegan butter substitute -- those are things you'll have to check the ingredients on to see what's in them. You might do better to try a paleo dessert, and get your gluten from some other source for your reintroductions. (Maybe something like this: https://elanaspantry.com/cinnamon-coffee-cake/ ) Or you could make a tried and true recipe that always turns out so you don't need to taste test it, and then just not have any. Or tell them you're unable to participate this time.
  21. Leigh Ann 24

Butter or ghee

I read that ghee is supposed to be in solid form but melts easily. My jar of ghee is about 1/8 solid and the rest is already runny. Is that all right?
  22. Leigh Ann 24

Colonoscopy

That's very interesting! Thank you!!
  23. Hi all! My reintroduction period starts May 1. On May 10 (Gluten day!), I have been asked to prepare a baked good for a bake-off at work - just wanted to check whether or not a few recipes would be recommended for a reintroduction day of gluten. Thinking of keeping anything I make vegan so that I don't have to worry about the dairy cross-contamination. https://foodal.com/recipes/cakes/vegan-vanilla-raspberry-oreo-cake/ http://veggieandthebeastfeast.com/2014/01/07/chai-spice-cake-with-vanilla-bean-frosting-vegan/ http://wallflowerkitchen.com/elderflower-cake-bloom-wild-flowers/ These all look okay to me, but I just want to make sure! I do want to do gluten day its due diligence because I have a sense that I may be slightly gluten-sensitive. Thanks in advance!!
  24. Grace A

May newbie

Welcome Cyndi! We are certainly here to help and support you. I hope you will see great results and feel amazing!
  25. sunshine9185

Starting April 15

Whole 30 ketchup is actually really good. You might find you don't miss the sugar if you make it. It's in the book (not the online recipes that are packed with dates). It's really simple and takes like 10 minutes tops to make with ingredients that are readily available in a regular grocery store. I prefer salad dressing that is oil/vinegar based, so no clue how to help there (maybe something made with Whole 30 mayo instead of sour cream or other dairy?). I hear you on the cheese...Cheese is cheese and it always will be. When I did my reintroductions after my first Whole30, the only thing that I reacted to like "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?" was dairy. I'm on Day 12 too and doing fine. Not seeing drastic results either way (don't feel super crappy, but my pants aren't getting super loose either) like I did on my first one. But I'm sleeping a bit better and have more energy in the gym (#NSV). Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well!
  26. ultrarunnergirl

Restarting/Vent

You can do this! The cookbook Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan saved my bacon on my first Whole30. Simple, fast recipes, nothing fancy. Here's a post from her on making meals out of ingredients (Basically, no cooking): https://meljoulwan.com/2014/06/25/great-ingredients-recipe-required/ Take one day to knock out some basics and do it all at one time, you can be done in an hour or two: grill a bunch of chicken (or bake), brown ground meat on the stove, make some protein salad using compliant tuna or salmon, boil a dozen eggs. A stick blender can be your best friend and should be available for about $30. You can make mayo and all sorts of sauces. Or you can spend more on Primal Kitchen mayo. Frozen broccoli is super versatile and you can microwave it. Frozen veggies are easy to toss in the pan you just used to cook your meat in and make a ton of food for the week. The Whole30 is some work, for sure. We all feel you on that! But you're worth the extra effort.
  27. cclay62

May newbie

Hello, My name is Cyndi, I am beginning my healing journey on May 1st. I will be reaching out and asking questions , if I am unable to find it on my own. I explained to my husband why I am doing this 30 days. So tired of having mysterious food reactions and not being able to pinpoint what has caused it. I expect I will have struggles, but support system is in place and I am reading the book. Preparing myself mentally.
  28. ultrarunnergirl

I’m sick....

Gargling with hot salty water should also really help.
  1. Load more activity