All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Rawrsala

Starting April 15

I'm on day 7 now and I'm feeling pretty good! Day 4 was the hardest for me. Like REALLY bad. All i wanted was a sweet snack while my husband and I snuggled watching tv-- but I didn't cave! I've been eating sweet potatoes more so than any other potatoes. They are healthier for you and i LOVE basically all versions of white potatoes, so I figure breaking that habit is a good idea too! I have a wedding to go to on Day 20, which is going to be the hardest day I'm assuming. I feel good about my body right now though! I've always been extremely hard on myself about my appearance-- whether I've been 115 lbs or 150 lbs. I'm at the high end right now and I feel SO much less bloated. I've been doing an exercise program in conjunction with the Whole30. I've found that having some sort of food prepped is the only way I've survived this past week lol How is everyone else doing?
  4. ShannonM816

I’m sick....

There are throat coat or sore throat teas, they might help. My grocery store carries at least one brand of them, and I think the local health food store has some others.
  5. Loyal Leslie

I’m sick....

I know honey is “sugar” but my voice is gone and I’m exhausted with nothing else working to soothe my throat. I am expected to sing for Easter. Give me something I can use for my throat that is compliant please. If not I’m going to have to grab a bag of ricola cough drops and pour honey in my hot tea like I did before so I can make it through the day
  6. Fit4Me

Starting April 1

Hi guys! So I can’t believe it’s Day 20 already! Went to bed last night and this morning with a raging headace. Ate a good breakfast of protein and fat and felt better almost instantly. 10 days to go before I find out what makes my body tick.
  7. ladyshanny

Starting my Whole30 Monday

Congrats on coming back and welcome!
  8. Many (many!) of us tend to stick to a mostly Whole30 framework after we've done our reintros because there are foods that make us feel less than fantastic. It's such a unique result for every person, there's just no possible one outcome. Congrats on figuring out what does and doesnt work for you!
  9. Yesterday
  10. rrsu

Nespresso

To be fair, this one doesn't actually taste like caramel at all!
  11. Spouse and I have been in re-entry mode for 24 days because we've treated this as an experiment. We did not follow the "day on, two days off" in fact we stretched it out a 2nd day longer and then repeated. For reintro we discussed what we really missed, and it was dairy, non-gluten grains, maybe a tinge of honey if a sweetener was needed and ( me) alcohol. We were fine without hard core sugar (candy, granulated, etc), desserts, snacks, breads, soy, beans, etc., and have no desire to reintro. We first experimented with dairy. All we missed was a little butter, sour cream and cheese as a flavor enhancement (aka mexican) tried it for two days, off for two days, and repeated to see if same results. Definitely some bloat and gas issues, feeling tired and sinus headaches with throat mucus in mornings. Then we reintroduced organic, nongmo corn chips, no issues, but ReIntro of rice and rice flour, yikes, total bloat, feeling heavy, uncomfortable and constipated. ReIntro of wine with one glass, two concurrent nights, sleep is interrupted, severely dehydrated and skin back to itchy and dry. We are now in combo mode, and planning around discomforts for if / what is worth it. Although W30 was not easy (I don't care what they say, it is hideous), it is also an awakening. And although it might be easy to go back to donuts and club sandwiches, ice cream and yogurt, our tastes and outlook have changed. What was a nightmare to do, was important and the reintroductions are just as important. Not being fully compliant for just 24 days, my nails and hair are back to being brittle, my face which had cleared of rosacea is now compromised, my night sweats are back, and I've regained 4 lbs after losing 14. My spouse felt so bad after eating dairy (which he loves) he went back to compliant all except for corn chips, and has continued to feel good and look good. The other noticeable reduction however is our pantry and our fridge. Although it was costly to start W30, we feel it is cheaper to stay on it. Veggies cost a lot less than junk. Our collections of jarred and packaged crap are gone, making cooking simpler. We actually like many of the recipes, and we are creatively using leftovers and minimizing food waste more than ever before. To us W30 is the base, and the reintroductions are just a way to modify for understanding tolerances. It is all an experiment in you and your body. For those who invest the time and just go back to snickers and biscuits n gravy, then you've likely put yourself through a hideous exercise for nothing.
  12. MariaO65

Starting my Whole30 Monday

My journey actually began 2 years ago. I came across Whole30, the 30 day guide at the local library. After reading it front to back I purchased my own copy. I was ready to take the plunge then life happen. I began a medical journey instead. I came across that book a couple weeks ago and decided to go for it. So Monday, April 22nd is it!
  13. trafficjamdreaming

Starting April 1

Hey Everyone Here's to Day 20! We should all be very proud we got so far and can't wait to say I completed another challenge. Hey @Suzanne-SATx. My heart goes out to you because I know the feeling. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I've been upwards of size 20 to as small as size 4. I used to berate myself with negative self talk and my confidence tanked. Before I started the Whole30 challenge 5 years ago I had tried every quick fix diet, took different weight loss pills, and restricted my calories to a point that was unhealthy for my body. I couldn't look myself in the mirror without picking my body apart and nearly crying. It chokes me up now just thinking about it. But you know what? The Whole30 challenge taught me so much. I know the difference between healthy foods and unhealthy foods. I can now read a label and know what I don't want in my body. I don't restrict my calories anymore and know how to eat to satiety rather than stuff myself until I have to unbutton my pants I've been much more consistent with my workouts with the increased energy I've learned that great change takes time. I've learned to be proud of myself for the mini wins like getting to Day 20! I'm generous with the NSV's because energy, glowing skin, and being able to say "Nah, I don't want that donut" is so awesome! 3 years ago, I was at my most fit and I allowed work stress to get in between my healthy relationship with food and exercise. Because of this, I regained my weight and some. I couldn't get past the first week of the Whole30 challenge and restarted like 20 times. Than right before the holidays last year, I saw a fit photo of myself. I cried. I was angry at myself for allowing other things get in the way of my personal goals. I took that anger and frustration and successfully got through a challenge. I'm still working through some weight loss but this time around, I'm enjoying the ride. When a negative thought enters my mind, I combat it by telling myself 5 great things about myself and my journey. Suzanne, you've made great strides! You're in control and are one mean Whole30 meal prep machine! Don't lose faith. You're doing awesome! Let's pass the finish line together!
  14. pearlgirl2017

Starting March 6 for Lent

Last day. I don't know what I'll do first. Probably feta on my salad, oatmeal on Monday, that kind of stuff. Hopefully I won't dive head first into the candy dish.
  15. Suzanne-SATx

Starting April 1

Thank you, @ladyshanny. With a couple days' distance, I am in a better mind set. It seems as though now that my body is purged of bad foods, my mind is questioning the status of a lot of things in my life. My health & weight aren't the only areas that I've been hiding from, unfortunately. For now, this is one area I can control - and I'm enjoying it. I really appreciate having the support of the forum. Thanks again, guys. Best wishes as we finish week 3 strong!
  16. I will be starting my Whole30 Monday
  17. ALM Grandma

Reintroduction group started hope you all come over and join in!
  18. JessieN

Starting May 6

Hello. I am committing to May 6. Very excited and eager to dive in, but doing the prep work first.
  19. Alberta Rose

Starting April 22nd Hopefully to help eczema

I'm starting on the 22nd as well! Let's do it together. I am hoping to improve body composition, skin clarity and find more energy somewhere! I'm desperate!
  20. ShannonM816

Rocky Start

For best results try to make all your meals match the meal template. Your portions will look different than pre-whole30, but they shouldn't be decreased. Especially be sure you add a fat serving or two, in addition to oil you cook in, and aim for 2-3 cups of vegetables at each meal. You can find the template here if you need it: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/
  21. Last week
  22. Loyal Leslie

Rocky Start

Hey. I started my Whole30 on Monday. It’s day 5 for me and I am really just now committing to completing the program. I tapped into my inner Gryffindor and drove straight in without any real prep or anything. Day 3 I almost quit. I was like “I don’t wanna play anymore.” the Walmart rosemary chicken meal saved my program. Day 4 after staring at labels I looked up the quitting on the website and did the action item. My friend gave me some tough love and the chipotle bowl put my head on straight again. I’m pretty sure I’ve had plenty of SWYP with dry roasted almonds and fruit crisps from Walmart. I’m always hungry and idk if it’s cravings or my body isn’t used to running off of decreased portions that include no grains or cheese. I’m going to try and stick it out. Honestly I never knew that sugar was in EV-ER-Y-THING. (No wonder everything instant tastes so good) I’m limited on the money I can spend, so I’m doing the best I can to stay compliant. I’m not saying that I’ll be perfect (these GV potatoes O’Brien that I used in my breakfast casserole have dextrose in the ingredients list and I’ll drop my question about that in another post) but I’m going to try. Wish me luck. Leslie
  23. ThatBlondeGirl

Is sugar making me anxious?

Thanks for replying! The second time I had one of my normal breakfasts, a strawberry smoothie with protein powder and avocado added. I had a salad for lunch with chicken. These are pretty normal for me. I spoke with a friend who is a nurse practitioner who promotes Whole30 and supplements over meds. She thinks my body was confused and anxiety is how I react. She also mentioned 90% of our serotonin is created in our digestive tract. This could explain a lot!
  24. ladyshanny

Nespresso

Maybe it's different on the Canadian website for ingredients but the Nespresso Caramelizio pod ingredients are only "Roast and ground coffee".
  25. SchrodingersCat

Nespresso

The ones he mentioned actually have caramel flavour added in the pods
  26. MJ of Cayman

I’m in the “I’m so over this.” stage. Planning on weighing in on Easter morning. Will probably have some ham (sugar) with dinner, but I’m also thinking of sticking to it till the end of the month.
  27. wwtechgirl

Starting April 22

I am also going to start on Monday. This will be my 2nd Whole30. I felt great on my first on in Oct 2018 but have gradually added back most of the junk I had been eating before. Ready for a fresh start before summer and I hope to take more time on my reintroduction this time and keep the junk out that I know makes me feel bad. Good luck to everyone. I started my meal planning today, so it is making me even more ready to start.
  28. Jihanna

Crock pot freezer meals

Potatoes need to be prepped a bit before they'll freeze well. https://pickyourown.org/freezing_potatoes.htm <- this article gives a good simple run-down on how to do it. There are other methods (like 5 minute soak in a bunch of water with a little lemon juice, then rinse and boil 5 minutes, then rinse/cool and freeze), but simple is quite often better in terms of trying to keep up with prep-work... especially if the potatoes are within a dish, rather than standing alone (I'll usually do the soak-rinse-boil method if I'm freezing them to make quick-cook potatoes for breakfast frying, for example, but I go with the simpler method if I'm freezing a bag of stew ingredients that will get tossed together in a crock). I only tried canned veggies in freezer meals a couple of times, but found that fresh or frozen veggies always fared better except in the case of things like diced/crushed tomatoes (the canned version of those never left me feeling that something was lacking). For anything requiring "added liquid", I always made a note on the bag to add it at cook time. That would be anything like "add 4 cups water" or broth, or even the coconut milk (or whatever). It not only helps prevent strange separation issues like @ladyshanny noted, but it also keeps the actual bags a little smaller so I'm able to fit more in my freezer space. I tend to keep that kind of stuff on hand all the time, too, so it's very unlikely that I'd be out of it when cook time arrived (so I don't usually put stickies on those things). I could add other notes for things like beans, rice, noodles..... but those shouldn't be in there right now, anyway, so I'll skip it!
  1. Load more activity