All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Day 26 (Saturday) Much more relaxing day. Had a massage in the morning. Met up with the hubby, dog and daughter for lunch and went shopping at Costco. Just watched TV after the baby went to bed. Breakfast (8:30 AM): hash browns, eggs scrambled with spinach, chicken sausage, cherries and grapes Lunch (11:30 PM): lettuced wrapped burger with pablanos and avocado Dinner (6:30 PM): chicken sausage with Trader Joe's riced veggie mix and scrambled egg. Made a suedo fried rice with coconut aminos. It was not bad. Not as good as the real soy sauce, but passable.
  4. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Day 25 (Friday) Busy day. Work event at Disneyland. Could not go in to the park, because I had to go back to the client. Forgot my breakfast in the morning, so I picked up a scramble and potatoes that doubled as lunch on my way back. I did enjoy working outside the Disneyland Hotel before the event. It was a nice day and a cheery atmosphere. Went to the movies after work. While I missed the popcorn, saying no was not too hard to do. This is getting easier and easier. Breakfast (8:30 AM): scramble with onions and basil and roasted potatoes Lunch (1:30 PM): scramble with onions and basil and roasted potatoes Dinner (6:30 PM): chicken sausage with Trader Joe's riced veggie mix.
  5. I am starting today and would love the support of a group. I am already wanting to cheat. I feel like i battle the way through my day and deserve something carbish or a glass of wine. I used to be able to get away with a lot but now that I am hitting perimenopause I cant lose the belly. I also have less energy and struggle to make it to the gym. I had done this (the whole 30) a few times a few years back and nothing else has worked so I either need to make better choices or be okay with the added weight, achy body etc. How are you all making out this week? Carol
  6. I hope they add some caveats around the "why" of that. As mentioned above I'd concerned about recommending that level of high-intensity glycogen-depleting workout for Whole30 inductees. Surely at least some proportion of Whole30 inductees are new to fitness as well, and that level of training is (I suspect) not a great fit for many. Also as mentioned in the https://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-to-metabolic-flexibility/ article they might want to consider other metabolic issues if they've come to Whole30 from years of processed sugar.
  7. CharGorman

Starting July 1 - Anyone want to join me?

Took the plunge and started today! Would love to support you all in your journey as well... it makes the tough times easier when you have support. @CarolMaureen - How's day 1 going so far? I hear you on needing to lose the belly... I call mine my "wine belly" and guess what? It's gotta go! Day 1 here is good so far, but I already have a headache. It must be the sugar calling
  8. True Primal

Bacon Fat as Cooking Fat?

Yes - hanging it from the oven racks is the new peak performance way. Baking it laid flat is so 30,000 BC. Or maybe reverse those two.
  9. ShannonM816

Swapples and Beyond Meat

Waffles are never okay on whole30, see the rule about recreating baked goods. Have you read the ingredients on the Beyond Meat? That is what would tell you if they are compliant. If you check the ingredients and still have questions about some of them, come back and ask about those particular ingredients and we'll help you figure it out.
  10. Siegfried1980

Whole30 - Ready to get Healthy

I previously did the Whole 30 (part one) a little over a year ago. I was feeling better than ever. Unfortunately, I did not do a good job after the 30 days. I am starting again today on 6/24/2019. Any advice would be great!
  11. Hey CharGorman....Day 4 here and I would love an accountability buddy. I've done every "diet" or "food plan" you can name and had momentary success on some of them but nothing has really changed bad habits for the long term. Have a good friend who just completed her first Whole30 about 3 months ago and she raves about the results. To be honest, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the results be as amazing as she claims. How was your first experience with Whole30? What brings you back to do another round?
  12. CharGorman

Starting Today (6/24)

Hello Fellow Whole30 Team - I'm starting my Whole30 today and would love some accountability partners. If you're starting today as well, let me know! P.S. It's 1pm and I already have a headache!
  13. Hi AimHigh22 - I hope your Whole30 is still going well. I started today and you're right, the food prep is crazy, but the results you'll see at the end of 30 days will be worth it. I've done it once before and never felt better in my lift. If you need an accountability buddy, let me know. Char
  14. I am in love with Swapples...they have a small amount of sugar from fruit. are they Whole 30 compliant? Today, I found a new love..... Beyond Meat...I seriously don't need to eat meat again if these are Whole 30 compliant. Are they compliant? Thank you.
  15. CarolMaureen

Hi, I am rejoining and starting today. I have done this several times in the past, and only finished once. I have been playing around with other diets and have been unable to commit. What I have accomplished is cleaning out my house of any sugars, breads etc. My motivation this time is that my son wants to do a strict Keto. I do not do well on Dairy but thought this would be a nice compromise. I will just add cheese to his portions. He lost 50 lbs and then gained back 20. I have put on the standard peri menopause 20 in the last year, went up a size and turned 55. I am tired, weak and sore. I did start exercising again and have started ballroom dance lessons to add some fun to my life. Now I just need to lose the belly. :) I would love some support!
  16. SassySal

Psychiatry meds

Hi Margaret, I'm on R4D0. I'm on medication for depression and anxiety and need to lose about 50lbs. The Whole30 isn't helping me to lose weight while I'm on the medication, but it is keeping my mood more stable. I won't say that it's a cure, but it definitely helps. I'm combining it with mindfulness, gratitude, exercise and medication. I do want to get off the medication eventually, especially because of the weight gain. I'm hoping that the combination of mindfulness, exercise, Whole30 and gratitude will do the trick. I am seeing an improvement. The difficult part is reintroduction, because it can be a slippery slope that causes a major relapse into depressive/anxious symptoms. I hope my experience helps your daughter.
  17. Keen On Clean Fuel

Pre workout near lunch time

Official word from headquarters is that they are going to be updating the meal template with these guidelines. Additionally it's been stated that these guidelines are tailored to the type of exercise as well. Therefore, if the "extra meal"/3-4 whole30 meals were working for you before with your workout regimen, it is pretty likely you can stick to that. In this instance, I would say it's likely an experimental process for each person and the type of workouts they are doing. This article is focusing on getting the most out of your workouts and optimizing recovery, so if specific individuals are feeling like they need to "up their game" in that aspect, they could consider tailoring their workouts with this article. I'd look into the author of the article, he has an abundance of information that will help understand the changes.
  18. Official word from headquarters is that they are going to be updating the meal template with these guidelines. Additionally it's been stated that these guidelines are tailored to the type of exercise as well. Therefore, if the "extra meal"/3-4 whole30 meals were working for you before with your workout regimen, it is pretty likely you can stick to that. In this instance, I would say it's likely an experimental process for each person and the type of workouts they are doing. This article is focusing on getting the most out of your workouts and optimizing recovery, so if specific individuals are feeling like they need to "up their game" in that aspect, they could consider tailoring their workouts with this article.
  19. Pfraser

I'm starting July 1!
  20. FairyL0u

Day Zero

lovely weather this weekend, so 12.5 miles running on Saturday, 8 on Sunday and a couple of 5 mile walks too today: 1 = eggs & plums w/five spice & extra cinnamon 2. chicken salad w/ olives & beetroot & leftover veg from yesterday 3. left over roast beef and a big fat salad 4 sleeps and a hotel sleep and then HOLIDAY
  21. SchrodingersCat

Centrum Women

? What is it, if not a multivitamin?
  22. danielkipp

What do you drink?

mostly plain water, green tea, black tea
  23. Vevster

Centrum Women

I wish people would just stop thinking Centrum is a vitamin.
  24. I should mention that I'm still not very in touch with my hunger/ full signals. I have definitely overate a bunch of times.
  25. Hi, I have been on the Whole30 for 16 days. I know we are not supposed to wight ourselves, but I did. Weight-loss was not my #1 goal...but certainly a hope. I've gained 70lbs over the last 5 years. I would really like to work my way back down. I have stayed the same weight. I stated this past week going on a hike 3 days a week and yoga 4 days a week. What I am wondering is if I'm still not following the meal template accurately. This is what my usual meals look like: Breakfast: 1 coffee with a splash of coconut milk 3 scrambled eggs with a splash of coconut milk (cooked in Ghee) half a fresh red pepper half avocado half tomato a few small slices of cured salmon This breakfast keeps me full generally until lunch. I eat between 730-8am. I do feel hungry for lunch around 1130 (always do), but I am trying to hold out and if I'm busy it holds me over until 1230/1pm. I think the hunger is a boredom thing. Lunch: Dinner left overs or salad if I forget lunch at home. Dinner: protein- shrimp, calamari, or chicken/turkey (I am working towards pescatarian) Usually 1 palm but sometimes two half a fresh red pepper half avocado half tomato Sweet potato or regular potato- Usually fried in a pan out cut up in small wedges and baked with olive oil. I'm thinking maybe a little too much of this? Also between a palm or two per sitting. I cook everything in Ghee, and I use a bunch. I'm wondering if this and the potato might not actually be follow the template. I will also throw a plantain in here and there. I've been trying not to snack, and have been avoiding fruits. Like I said I cook with a lot of ghee. Maybe I am taking it too far? Thank you!
  26. Yesterday
  27. I didn't necessarily think this article represented a new guideline either. I remember reading it when I received a Whole30 email several months ago when the article was written . And frankly, I kinda dismissed it because it didn't fit into my understanding of the Whole30 framework. But, based on various threads here on the forum, it feels like maybe it is intended to be the new guideline... For example, the moderators have indicated that there are plans to update the meal template to align with these guidelines. Which sure makes it sound like they're the new pre- and post-workout guidelines. Also, the moderators referenced a statement from Melissa Urban on this topic (see the second post here https://forum.whole30.com/topic/56912-pre-workout-meal-confused/), though I'm not sure where it came from: First, the ISWF pre-workout recommendations were created back in 2010. Exercise nutrition best practices are always evolving, which is why we reached out to an expert in the current science; an RD who works with clients on a daily basis. We asked Paul to explain more his rationale on eating carbs pre-workout: "Eating carbohydrates before a workout will provide the muscles with readily available fuel--taken from the blood and sent wherever it's needed, which is faster and easier to access than digging into stores glycogen. Plus, depleting glycogen levels set off fatigue sensors in the body – and we want to avoid that happening mid-workout." The Whole30 books aren't being updated with this information at this point (book updates are a HUGE process), so please refer to the most current post for your best pre- and post-workout strategies.
  28. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Day 24 breakfast 4 eggs, 2 slices bacon coffee with better half creamer Snack - an apple with almond butter, some coconut flakes lunch will be leftover steak and salad making pot roast for dinner
  1. Load more activity