All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Earlier
  2. Yes, Locust bean gum is fine.
  3. I found a yogurt that is non-dairy, but has Lotus bean gum. Is that okay?
  4. Have a read through this article https://whole30.com/plant-based/plant-based-whole30-meats/ It sounds like it would likely not really work because they often have additional ingredients that are still out for the PB Whole 30.
  5. I meant beyond meat products
  6. Are these products allowed on PB W30?
  7. I dug through some archives and found this company - They're not cheap which is a bummer and it's a powder not a paste but could work for you. https://lonolife.com/collections/chicken-bone-broth/products/chicken-bone-broth-stick-pack There are also these two recipes that you can use to make your own - I haven't looked at them specifically so just make sure that if you make them, they don't have non compliant ingredients, they're from an archive post a few years ago so the recipe could have changed. https://paleogrubs.com/homemade-instant-bouillon-cubes https://southern-bytes.com/paleo-chicken-bouillon/
  8. Oh man! Ya, that can happen! Just push through...Maybe try something with a texture you really love (me = mashed potatoes) or a particular flavor profile (me = spicy) or having 'breakfast' for dinner. Even if you haven't meal prepped those items or they're not what you were expecting to eat, give that a try - no whole30 is perfect, as long as you're eating Whole30 compliant foods, you're good to go! Sometimes the balm to the drastic change of Whole30 is finding a 'comfort food' that jump starts you and then when your appetite is back, go from there!
  9. I've done whole30 before. I've been successful. I decided to do a January one but started on the 10th. My boyfriend is doing it with me. I'm on day 3 and no longer want to eat. Nothing looks apetizing even though my stomach is growling. I've been trying to meal plan for the upcoming week and this is the hardest its ever been! I just want to eat cheese and ice cream! D:
  10. Hello, has anyone found a compliant chicken bullion paste? I have not found one yet, and wondering if anyone has found one.
  11. Day 3 Had a headache all day yesterday, which I’m sure was about the lack of sugar, and possibly carbs, in my diet. I added some potatoes to my dinner in hopes of remedying that problem. The best part of the day? I found sugar free hash browns at Fresh Thyme! Yesterday’s meals Brekkie 8:00 - frittata Lunch 12:00 - giant salad with chicken breast and homemade balsamic dressing Dinner 6:00 - Thai red curry with chicken, carrots and bell peppers. Roasted potatoes.
  12. Day 2 Yesterday went pretty smoothly. Definitely tempted by all the Halloween candy and treats at work. But it was easier to resist than last week because I had a plan. A little sluggish on my run this morning but I didn’t have a lot of carbs yesterday, so I’m chalking it up to that. My body needs to adjust and I probably need some potatoes/sweet potatoes. Yesterday’s meals Brekkie 7:30 - scramble with eggs, bacon and bell peppers Snack 11:30 - Apple and handful of almonds Lunch 12:30 - giant salad with chicken breast and homemade balsamic dressing Dinner 8:00 (work got insane so I couldn’t eat at 6-7 as planned) - slice of frittata with turkey sausage, bell peppers and zucchini
  13. Day 1 First day of not my first whole 30. My doctor recommended that I try eating Keto. I’m so not ready to commit to that, it’s always sounded crazy to me. So I decided to try this first, see how I feel at the end and make another plan from there. Lots of meal prepping yesterday so I have breakfast, lunches and dinners made for the next few days. Already had a couple disappointments this morning. Decided to make a special breakfast. Sausage had sugar so it’s out. Hash browns had sugar, so they’re out. Fortunately I had some compliant bacon so I made a scramble with eggs and bell peppers. Obviously I need to do some cleaning out of the refrigerator and freezer so I don’t have any more ingredient disappointments.
  14. @SugarcubeOD was there any further into on this? I'm still curious as to the change!
  15. Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that, given what is made of. I look forward to hearing the more information!
  16. Caramel Color is good to go - trying to get more information but for now, the screenshot of Melissa's post from 15 days ago is correct.
  17. I will send a quick note to HQ and see what they say - stay tuned.
  18. We have always been told it's specifically excluded. And actually, a fair few -balsamic vinegars, meat sticks etc. I'm really interested in the official answer on this one.
  19. Might technically be compatible since it is not specifically excluded, but I mean I would personally just avoid it. Plus how many foods out there use Caramel color and no other non compatible ingredients?
  20. BTW - made it through day 25. I did have one mini egg white frittata on day 25 that I did ask if it was dairy free, etc. and was told I was good to go. After eating one, it tasted too good. Going to guess there was milk or cream in it. Did not eat more as I was worried that the person that laid it out maybe did not know, or I really need to ask them their secrets! Overall, very happy with results. Feeling good. Very rarely breathless (must have been weight related). Looking slimmer. Lost 10 pounds and several inches everywhere. Unfortunately I failed going back to whole30 after Disney. I ate okay on Thursday and and Saturday but crazy on Thursday and Sunday. Back at it today and plan to be Whole30 until Friday. I have one client lunch in the middle that I picked a place I should be able to get something good to eat being either fully compliant or very close. Seems like my bday will be celebrated early this year so going to attempt a 30 day run next week (possibly starting Sunday instead of Monday). Going to really be cutting it close assuming no plans change in late October. I'll be back next week!
  21. Good question, as any number of forum posts answered by Whole30 Forum Moderators have stated that caramel color is sugar and as such is not allowed. Are some added sugars now allowed on Whole30?
  22. I have done many rounds and have always been told caramel colour is a sugar, and is out. Now Melissa has started this. Has the position changed?
  23. Day 21 (Friday 9/8/23) Breakfast (8:30): Hard boiled eggs, garlic dip, carrots, potatoes Lunch (12:00): burger bowl Dinner (8:30): roasted sausage, cauliflower and broccoli with pesto 20 minute move goal: not sure if I achieved it on Friday. My day kinda blew up on me. I did run a couple of errands but nothing really notable. Day 22 (Saturday 9/9/23) Breakfast (11:00): Eggs, hashbrowns and bacon Dinner (7:00): In n out lettuce wrapped burger 20 minute move goal: walked around a jump place for a couple of hours. Hectic day. Slept in way too late so got nothing done, until I had to chuffer the kids to a birthday party. Day 23 (Sunday 9/9/23) Breakfast (10:00): Brunch! Veggies, fruit, prime rib, coffee and salmon. Maybe one or two other things, but nothing crazy. Dinner (5:30): roasted sausage, potatoes and broccoli with pesto 20 minute move goal: walked to and from brunch. So a little bummed. An opportunity has arisen for Wednesday. One where it probably won't happen again for a very long time. Doing an adult Disney trip with someone who has never done one before. Rarely get to do stuff like this with the kids so sadly I'll be completing day 25 and breaking before day 30. It also eases my mind for Saturday (Day 29) whether or not to divert the day before day 30. Plan is to eat Whole30 Thursday and Friday and through lunch on Saturday. Plan is to start back up either Sunday or Monday at the latest through my birthday in late September. Depending on when my birthday celebration and some late October things occur, hoping to squeeze 30 days in, but hoping to stick to this through roughly end of November, with a handful of exceptions and worst case doing a full Whole30 in early 2024. I have definitely been feeling better, clothes fitting better, nails are a lot stronger.
  24. Day 20 (Thursday 9/7/23) Whoo! Three weeks in this morning. Very chaotic week. Ready for the weekend. Breakfast (8:30): Hard boiled eggs, garlic dip, carrots, potatoes Lunch (12:00): burger bowl Dinner (8:30): random assortment of onions, sweet pepper, small amount of carnitas scrambled in an egg. Was not really that hungry. Busy day. 20 minute move goal: 20 minutes walking around busy.
  1. Load more activity