All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Brewer5

Like an Onion

Well, I stuck with this through Day 8 this time. That's pretty impressive to me, which is what matters. Yesterday we had an impromptu get-together with my family, which involved going to a Mexican restaurant in this cute little town out in the middle of nowhere, where my sister lives. I think it might be the only restaurant there. Seriously. When I was looking at the map of the last 26 miles to get there, suddenly my anxiety/IBS flared up, and I was pretty sure I was going to have to make a pit-stop in the country in broad daylight. I even prepared my kids, like, hey guys, here's what's about to happen. I've never had to do that before. I made it through with my fast-acting anxiety med, another Imodium, and some deep breathing. But, probably needless to say ~ by the time I got there, I was ready to drink a glass of wine and eat whatever the #$%! I wanted. There. There's a great big, huge layer. I am extremely frustrated with my anxiety/IBS symptoms. I've consciously worked at it for the past 19 years. And here I am.
  3. Aelfric

Ælfric’s W30 №2 (Jan 2020)

Monday 20/1/20 (Day 6). M1: Smashed eggs (not as scrambled as scrambled eggs, but not intact either—crack the eggs into the pan, and gently stir them every once in a while). M2: Apricots (tinned). M3: Banana berry and egg smoothie (post workout). M4: Chicken and vegetable curry. Drinks: Green tea, mint tea, liquorice tea, lemon water. Exercise: Weights. This was the workout I should have done yesterday. Zercher squat: 1 × 20 × 55 kg (121¼ lbs). Bent over row: 1 × 15 × 33¾ kg (74⅜ lbs). Dips: 3 × 5 × 88½ kg (195 lbs) [that’s me plus my clothing] + 2 × 4 × 88½ kg + 1 × 2 × 88½ kg. The plan is for 5 x 5, but I’m not quite there yet (but losing some weight certainly helps).
  4. littleyellowdiary

Hello World - Day 5 of 2nd Whole 30 ✨

I adore Bengal Spice tea!!
  5. Today
  6. BabyBear

Very hungry mommy 1st Time whole 30 Jan 2020

Day 19 The drive and energy... lots of energy! 10:30 am check out time so I have to pull myself out from under the covers. Packed up, washed dishes, and heated up some breakfast and headed out the door. It’s not over yet, but I feel like my weekend has gone really well doing Whole 30. I’m so glad I took the time and effort to prepare meals. It really has made all the difference. I’m bored with my food at this point, but that is okay I just have to survive through today. 11:30 M1: 2 mini quiche, avocado mixed with ranch dressing and a clementine. love is holding your hubbys mcdonalds fries and sauce for his nuggets so he can easily access them to eat while driving, while on a whole 30. That is love! 4:00 S1: clementine and pistachios The drive back has been good so far, and pretty weather. During the drive my hubby asked if I had any more pistachios. I also offered him gummies, chocolate, chips or clementine and he chose a clementine. Who is this and what has he done with my husband. Lol so we shared a snack on the road and it made it me smile. 7:00 M2: ranch chicken salad, salad greens, raspberry lemon dressing, broccoli florets, red bell pepper sticks, carrots with ranch. We stopped for gas and I took advantage to dig food out… I was so hungry! I totally expected the Hubby to complain about the smell, because that’s what he does. He didn’t and I find that very sweet of him. It’s little things like that, that I’ve learned to recognize as support and I thank him for it. I am excited for the possibilities this year holds. I am turning 40 and I plan on making it the best decade yet. Maybe I’ll have another baby maybe I won’t, maybe I’ll travel more maybe I won’t but the one thing I know for certain is I’m reclaiming my health! I will be kind to me, I will love me, I will take joy in taking care of me. Phew we made it to the skate session 9 hours back, 2 hours late due to the interstate being shut down. Luckily we caught it and was able to avoid it. The skate session was incredible. My hubby really brought the music tonight. Definitely one of his better DJ sets. That was a hard drive after long hours of vending, but definitely worth it. I skated my booty off and loved every minute of it. 12:00 am M3: Grilled chicken and steamed vegetables So we went to another one of our favorite places that we go to after this set. I ordered with confidence asking a few questions and making some request. The chef did an amazing job and the food was delicious. It wasn’t their house club or the 1/2 rack of ribs I used to order but it was still delicious. 1:30am finally home gonna shower and hit the hey. I survived this weekend whole 30 compliant. I am impressed with me!
  7. W30CoachAmyLouton

First time Whole 30

@RBranham92 Welcome! How exciting for you that you're getting ready to start your Whole30 Journey. Believe it when people say it's life changing. There is lots of support on here, as well as answers to many of the questions you may have. If you're on social media, following Whole30 and Whole30recipes are great ways to have inspiration in your feed. There are also lots of Whole30 coaches who put out inspiring content. Let us know how you're doing, and reach out if you have questions or need to connect with supportive people. In case you haven't read it, here's a great article with some tips for Whole30 Success https://whole30.com/dietitian-success-tips/
  8. I am starting g my whole30 journey tomorrow for the first time ever in hope of gaining some control over food cravings, weight loss, and just overall feeling better. I am a new momma to a wonderful 6 month old baby boy that I am breastfeeding and pumping for. My biggest concern is my milk supply. I have been taking a supplement protein powder called milk dust. I have been having major issues with my supply. I am wondering if anyone has used milk dust and if it is whole30 compliant because it usually gives my supply a little boost.
  9. KarenandMike

Still hanging in there....

Good job Pep! Yeah I totally miss my beer :::sigh:::: but hanging tough on day 7 with no intention of cheating. The eggs dish above looks really yummy. I applaud you making it work at the Brewpub. Hubby is doing this with me (thank the heavens) so we have decided to just stay in and cook. Best wishes! Karen
  10. KarenandMike

not sleeping

Hi all: My husband and I are finishing up day 7. I noticed the same issue of not staying asleep. I have had this periodically in the last 6 months but it's been nearly every day for this first week and melatonin is not working. I do fall asleep pretty easy but don't stay asleep. It's frustrating. The funny thing is that I feel great! Ha! We are eating very similarly to annierl. I rarely get hungry unless I get stuck delaying a meal. Every day it just gets better and better. I mean we miss some things mentally but not physically. We have made some goofs like having banana chips today and then found they aren't allowed but the slip-ups are really quite small. We are making fabulous meals . :) I am worried thought that the lighter sleep may catch up with me. For now - I am not tired so I will just go with it. I added to this thread so that if others have comments - I can see them. Best of luck to all! Karen
  11. Ann

Ann’s Struggles+Successes

@BabyBear, you’re SO sweet to check in with me! I’ve been lazy about posting (and reading posts, too), but I’m still on board!! I think when I wasn’t able to upload photos anymore, I sort of lost my “posting” motivation. But I’ve been taking photos and keeping track of what I’m eating. This is a longer post since I’m making up for a few days’ missed time. I did blow it with one rule - I stepped on the scale this morning. I actually went to the garage, dug the ladder out from behind the suitcases, and climbed up to get it. I feel bad that I did it, but fortunately I don’t think it will change anything as far as my Whole30 experience. I’ve lost two pounds since the start. I am incredibly relieved I haven’t gained any weight, which was my main concern. But honestly, I’d take a few extra pounds if it meant less shoulder pain and regular good nights of sleep. Shoulder. I see my PMC doctor tomorrow, and I’m anxious to see what she says. It does seem my shoulder pain has eased up a bit in the last couple days, but that could be related to the high dose of Naproxen my doctor prescribed. Or maybe it’s tiger blood! Sleep. Sleep has been decent, and sometimes great. On Friday night, my sleep score was 89, which is incredible for me. I am typically in the 65-74 range. In addition to the high dose of Naproxen I'm taking, I have trazadone, which I started taking at bedtime when my shoulder started getting really bad. I'm sure that plays into sleeping better. Wine cravings. I wanted wine this weekend more than I have so far on this round. Maybe it was the self-pity about my shoulder stuff. I didn’t do it, though! My daughter decided to take a night off from her Dryuary, which made it even harder. She didn't drink in the house or in front of me, but just knowing that my sister, brother-in-law, best friend and daughter have ALL given in to temptation made it harder for me to stick with it. My next door neighbor is also doing a Dryuary, and he tells me he's been true to it. Geez, it seems like I'm surrounded by a bunch of lushes (myself included)!!! NSV - On Wednesday, a colleague mentioned how bright and fresh my skin seemed. Felt good. Okay, catching up on food log, for whatever it’s worth. Wednesday/Day 15 M1 - scrambled eggs, sautéed zucchini, avocado M2 - Spinach salad with red peppers, onions, pouch of albacore, vinaigrette, apple M3 - Chicken pot pie soup (From 40 Aprons, in the Instant Pot. This was really good! I did have to add quite a bit of salt, though, otherwise it tasted a little too sweet or something, probably from the coconut milk). Made for excellent leftovers. Thursday/Day 16 M1 - Fried eggs, sautéed zucchini, avocado, black coffee M2 - Leftover chicken pot pie soup Snack - Three dates M3 - Applegate turkey lunchmeat, steamed broccoli with ghee, mayo/spicy mustard for dipping Friday/Day 17 M1 - Scrambled eggs and sautéed spinach with Frank’s Red Hot, black coffee M2 - Leftover chicken pot pie soup M3 - Can of chicken mixed with mayo, with cucumber slices (I piled the chicken on the cucumber and at it by hand) Saturday/Day 18: M1 - Egg/bacon/asparagus/sweet potato casserole, half an avocado, black coffee. (Casserole from Paleo Running Momma. I vacuum sealed it in single servings, and have been popping it into simmering water to re-heat, turns out great! Day-old eggs in the microwave always turn out too dry or rubbery for my taste). M2 - Applegate turkey lunchmeat, sliced peppers (I rolled the peppers up in the meat and dipped it in spicy mustard), a handful or two of almonds. M3 - Pork Carnitas with jicama slaw and green chile aioli (from the Cultured Caveman, a local paleo restaurant). AMAZING. I had these during a previous round and forgot how great they are. The tortillas are made with eggs, EVOO, tapioca flour, coconut flour and sea salt. Snack - handful of chopped apple (my son made it for himself and I grabbed a handful) Sunday/Day 19: M1 - Leftover egg/bacon/asparagus casserole, half an avocado, black coffee x2. M2 - I really can’t call this a meal because it wasn’t “proper” and it wasn’t much food. Out running a bunch of errands with my daughter, and she really wanted to stop for a bite to eat. I had really good leftovers from last night, so didn’t want to eat much, so I ordered a simple salad with sliced radishes and sunflower seeds, and put balsamic and olive oil on it. M3 - Leftover pork carnitas tacos (x3)
  12. ShannonM816

Coffee questions

Both are suggestions. We recommend coffee with or after breakfast rather than before because it can be an appetite suppressant. It's recommended not to have it after noon because it can affect your sleep. You are free to ignore those recommendations.
  13. BabyBear

Ann’s Struggles+Successes

How are you? Hope you had a good weekend and the shoulder pain is minimal.
  14. BabyBear

BTVS Whole 30 log

Stopping in to see how you are doing?
  15. MelFig

Period Wreaking Havoc on My Whole30

Thank you so much for the perspective and encouragement, and I needed the reminder that this isn’t just a 30 day experiment- I want to understand my physical and mental relationship with food in a different way, and I guess this is it’s own little lesson. Thank you again!
  16. kirbz

Period Wreaking Havoc on My Whole30

Hi @MelFig! Don't be too hard on yourself! You can do this! And even if it isn't perfect, it will be worth it to finish and to learn from the reintroductions! That information will serve you for life, not just for a couple of days where you didn't make the perfect food choices. I'm not sure this is exactly what you were looking for, but I thought I'd share a little bit of my story to pass along some things I've learned. I'm currently doing my fourth complete Whole30 (with many other false starts and mini resets). I'm totally a person who always wants to do "the perfect Whole30." I wanted every meal to match the meal template and I didn't want to snack or give into cravings. I wanted to follow all the rules and recommendations. And I did a pretty good job of that for my first two. But, here's what I learned. Establishing life-long habits is WAY more important than 30 perfect days. Perfect is never going to be realistic for a lifelong eating practice, so I'm a lot less hard on myself now and just focus on eating Whole30 in a way that will be sustainable for the long-term. Your period will come every month, and establishing healthier-than-before ways of pushing through that is a good thing! I'm not sure what your goals are, but if it has anything to do with new, long-term habits, then perhaps a little bit more of a long-term mindset will help you be more kind toward yourself! I wish you the very best and I hope this helped!
  17. I’m on day 14 of my Whole30 and am feeling discouraged after this weekend. I got my period which triggered me eating way more than I needed to of things that aren’t the best (I.e. snacking on a lot of fruit and nuts over veggies and other sources of protein). I know tomorrow is a new day, but I’m feeling disappointed with myself for not balancing things the way I should the past 3 days. Has anyone else experienced this? What helped you push through? Right now I feel like I should just give up and am disappointed for deviating from the ideal meal plan.
  18. Yesterday
  19. Terresa

My Whole 30 2.0

Well, that certainly went sideways. The cold triggered my vertigo, so bedrest and meds cancelled my W30. Once the vertigo subsides again, I'll restart.
  20. A spot of good news: if you ever spill your hibiscus tea all over the bed, and you worry that if it doesn't come out, it will forever look like a crime scene...don't worry, it comes out without spot remover, even. = ) Hope you are enjoying your company today!
  21. Place lemon slices in a pot of water, then bring to a boil. Add thawed raw shrimp and watch for them to turn pink and curl up on themselves -- 5 minutes or less. Immediately remove them from the hot water and plunge them into some ice water. Refrigerate. They make a way better grab and go snack than celery sticks!
  22. Mystic lady

On day 9 in snowy north

This morning I had a good breakfast. Poached eggs salmon and hollandaise sauce on bed of lettuce. then I tried to make mayonnaise and it did not emulsify. Tried again still did not work. Give up for now so opened a mayo I found at grocery store that was compliant. headache today and feet are cold. Been eating lots with lemon so suspect that is part of headache. Detox. for lunch went with protein salad (avacado mayo, tuna, onions, dill pickles (compliant for no sugar or additives), and grapes on bed of romance lettuce. tonight going to make brisket with yams on side. And yes I have been drinking water. Although I am sure could always be drinking more. I will be going outside after lunch to plow snow. Hope fresh air will help with headache. It is just a dull ache.
  23. Maria Salvatore

Seeds and Nuts

Thank you to Shannon for all of your help!! I've seen you in other forums helping people through the Whole30. Your responses are detailed and incredibly helpful. Thanks again!!
  24. Maria Salvatore

Coffee questions

Is it a rule or a suggestion that I need to have breakfast before my coffee AND is it a rule or a suggestion that I cannot have coffee after noon? I am not obsessed with coffee, but I'm on anti-depressants that make me very tired.
  25. CeeGeeBee

First time , day 7! Need some advice...

I think you are still getting used to the routine, Avalonunicorned... hang in there. Make an effort to eat your breakfast, and then if hunger strikes before your planned lunchtime, perhaps have a cup of tea or coffee (or even drink a tall glass of water) to fill some of the void. You'll get used to it and won't feel the need to snack after awhile. Good luck!
  26. Juliana Sproles

Started 1st Whole30 this morning

It is all worth the extra effort! Go for it!! : ) J
  27. Felt the need to be creative today for my Sunday workday lunch, so (while at work) I chopped beautiful sweet and crispy gala apples, stirred them up, and chilled them in a travel bowl with shredded coconut and coconut milk to make cereal! I love cereal for any meal along with my Bengal Spice hot tea ... feeling happy at the moment. : ) J
  28. BabyBear

Very hungry mommy 1st Time whole 30 Jan 2020

Day 18 cont 11:00 pm rise and shine time to hustle. I’m so grateful for the energy my body is providing me with the nutrients from the food I’ve been providing it. These work weekends I used to live on on sundrop sodas. I have not even had an Once of caffeine. Water and real food has been enough to keep me going. I am eating more snacks than usual, but given my circumstances I think that is okay. One last push before it all comes to a close tomorrow 12:30 S2 clementine. NSV: my pants are loose and keep sliding down.. And I forgot my belt so annoying but in a good way. 1:45am S3 Rx Bar I made a snack bar run for the hubby while he was working on people’s skates. I grabbed him a pizza and soda and me a water. Heading back to the booth, my tired brain started saying “ooooh pizza”. So I grabbed my emergency RX bar to keep the crazies at bay. 6:00 am - back at the hotel and ready to crash.
  1. Load more activity