All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hey CharGorman....Day 4 here and I would love an accountability buddy. I've done every "diet" or "food plan" you can name and had momentary success on some of them but nothing has really changed bad habits for the long term. Have a good friend who just completed her first Whole30 about 3 months ago and she raves about the results. To be honest, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the results be as amazing as she claims. How was your first experience with Whole30? What brings you back to do another round?
  3. CharGorman

Starting Today (6/24)

Hello Fellow Whole30 Team - I'm starting my Whole30 today and would love some accountability partners. If you're starting today as well, let me know! P.S. It's 1pm and I already have a headache!
  4. Hi AimHigh22 - I hope your Whole30 is still going well. I started today and you're right, the food prep is crazy, but the results you'll see at the end of 30 days will be worth it. I've done it once before and never felt better in my lift. If you need an accountability buddy, let me know. Char
  5. Today
  6. Keen On Clean Fuel

Pre workout near lunch time

Official word from headquarters is that they are going to be updating the meal template with these guidelines. Additionally it's been stated that these guidelines are tailored to the type of exercise as well. Therefore, if the "extra meal"/3-4 whole30 meals were working for you before with your workout regimen, it is pretty likely you can stick to that. In this instance, I would say it's likely an experimental process for each person and the type of workouts they are doing. This article is focusing on getting the most out of your workouts and optimizing recovery, so if specific individuals are feeling like they need to "up their game" in that aspect, they could consider tailoring their workouts with this article. I'd look into the author of the article, he has an abundance of information that will help understand the changes.
  7. Official word from headquarters is that they are going to be updating the meal template with these guidelines. Additionally it's been stated that these guidelines are tailored to the type of exercise as well. Therefore, if the "extra meal"/3-4 whole30 meals were working for you before with your workout regimen, it is pretty likely you can stick to that. In this instance, I would say it's likely an experimental process for each person and the type of workouts they are doing. This article is focusing on getting the most out of your workouts and optimizing recovery, so if specific individuals are feeling like they need to "up their game" in that aspect, they could consider tailoring their workouts with this article.
  8. FairyL0u

Day Zero

lovely weather this weekend, so 12.5 miles running on Saturday, 8 on Sunday and a couple of 5 mile walks too today: 1 = eggs & plums w/five spice & extra cinnamon 2. chicken salad w/ olives & beetroot & leftover veg from yesterday 3. left over roast beef and a big fat salad 4 sleeps and a hotel sleep and then HOLIDAY
  9. SchrodingersCat

Centrum Women

? What is it, if not a multivitamin?
  10. danielkipp

What do you drink?

mostly plain water, green tea, black tea
  11. Vevster

Centrum Women

I wish people would just stop thinking Centrum is a vitamin.
  12. I should mention that I'm still not very in touch with my hunger/ full signals. I have definitely overate a bunch of times.
  13. Hi, I have been on the Whole30 for 16 days. I know we are not supposed to wight ourselves, but I did. Weight-loss was not my #1 goal...but certainly a hope. I've gained 70lbs over the last 5 years. I would really like to work my way back down. I have stayed the same weight. I stated this past week going on a hike 3 days a week and yoga 4 days a week. What I am wondering is if I'm still not following the meal template accurately. This is what my usual meals look like: Breakfast: 1 coffee with a splash of coconut milk 3 scrambled eggs with a splash of coconut milk (cooked in Ghee) half a fresh red pepper half avocado half tomato a few small slices of cured salmon This breakfast keeps me full generally until lunch. I eat between 730-8am. I do feel hungry for lunch around 1130 (always do), but I am trying to hold out and if I'm busy it holds me over until 1230/1pm. I think the hunger is a boredom thing. Lunch: Dinner left overs or salad if I forget lunch at home. Dinner: protein- shrimp, calamari, or chicken/turkey (I am working towards pescatarian) Usually 1 palm but sometimes two half a fresh red pepper half avocado half tomato Sweet potato or regular potato- Usually fried in a pan out cut up in small wedges and baked with olive oil. I'm thinking maybe a little too much of this? Also between a palm or two per sitting. I cook everything in Ghee, and I use a bunch. I'm wondering if this and the potato might not actually be follow the template. I will also throw a plantain in here and there. I've been trying not to snack, and have been avoiding fruits. Like I said I cook with a lot of ghee. Maybe I am taking it too far? Thank you!
  14. Yesterday
  15. I didn't necessarily think this article represented a new guideline either. I remember reading it when I received a Whole30 email several months ago when the article was written . And frankly, I kinda dismissed it because it didn't fit into my understanding of the Whole30 framework. But, based on various threads here on the forum, it feels like maybe it is intended to be the new guideline... For example, the moderators have indicated that there are plans to update the meal template to align with these guidelines. Which sure makes it sound like they're the new pre- and post-workout guidelines. Also, the moderators referenced a statement from Melissa Urban on this topic (see the second post here https://forum.whole30.com/topic/56912-pre-workout-meal-confused/), though I'm not sure where it came from: First, the ISWF pre-workout recommendations were created back in 2010. Exercise nutrition best practices are always evolving, which is why we reached out to an expert in the current science; an RD who works with clients on a daily basis. We asked Paul to explain more his rationale on eating carbs pre-workout: "Eating carbohydrates before a workout will provide the muscles with readily available fuel--taken from the blood and sent wherever it's needed, which is faster and easier to access than digging into stores glycogen. Plus, depleting glycogen levels set off fatigue sensors in the body – and we want to avoid that happening mid-workout." The Whole30 books aren't being updated with this information at this point (book updates are a HUGE process), so please refer to the most current post for your best pre- and post-workout strategies.
  16. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Day 24 breakfast 4 eggs, 2 slices bacon coffee with better half creamer Snack - an apple with almond butter, some coconut flakes lunch will be leftover steak and salad making pot roast for dinner
  17. Hey Felicia1971....we are on day 3 today and to be honest, I'm so ready to quit! My husband is just getting started as he got a stomach bug on day 1. I'm not used to meal prepping so much and I'm still on detox from sugar and crap so I'm sure that's why I feel like quitting. How are you doing? Got any favorite recipes?
  18. ShieldMaiden

Bacon Fat as Cooking Fat?

Oh! You're actually suspending or hanging yours! Haven't tried that yet. lol!
  19. ShieldMaiden

Yeah that's how I prepare it. I've found it results in the most even cooking.
  20. True Primal

Indeed the next question should be how to get as much as possible. Answer: baking bacon to collect the most bacon grease.
  21. Have you looked into the RD that wrote the article? By visiting his website, you may find some great information to support his theory
  22. Hello! I think it's important to discuss this topic! I would like to comment on this particular article-- it doesn't say these are the new guidelines as of yet -- this is an article from a RD discussing maximizing performance and recovery on Whole30. So as always, I feel it should be tailored to the needs of each person and the type of exercise they are doing - but I'm not sure it's an official change which means maybe experimenting with it might be the best to figure out what your body needs. Just a though
  23. Keen On Clean Fuel

I'd like to comment on the article that we have been discussing -- it doesn't say these are the new guidelines as of yet -- this is an article from a RD discussing maximizing performance and recovery on Whole30. https://whole30.com/2019/02/whole30-pre-workout-post-workout/
  24. Keen On Clean Fuel

Question for Type 2 Diabetics

I am so happy for you! I think you'll be very pleased with the effects of Whole30 on your diabetes! As a reminder, we always recommend diabetics working closely with their physician as eating differently will alter your blood sugar and you may not need the same dosing of your medication as you do now. Wishing you the best!
  25. Keen On Clean Fuel

Saturday Night is for Fighting (food cravings)!

Since we associated food with special occasions or experiences, we do feel "deprived" in the beginning removing the foods we have ALWAYS had in those situations. Think birthday cake at a birthday party and an alcoholic beverage at a weekend party. Whole30 helps so many aspects of our life, but one of the most important is our relationship with food. After becoming mindful and intentional with our eating behaviors, we will be able to redefine these experiences with different pleasures -- such as enjoying the company we are with and feeling empowered to make the decision to skip the cake and alcohol because we CHOSE to. Navigating food freedom is a journey and you will continue to learn more about yourself the more you work on it. Give yourself grace and I wish you the best!
  26. Keen On Clean Fuel

I'll reach out to the W30 coaches and see what kinds of examples I can get for you
  27. Keen On Clean Fuel

Depending on the type of exercise many may need the carbohydrates, so you will have to assess what type of exercise you are doing and whether or not you think the carbs pre-workout are necessary for you. However the article states this: "Eating some carbohydrates pre-workout will help you finish the workout strong." It's important to note that science is always evolving and changing. You could research the author of the article (at the bottom) and see how you relate to the principles he teaches. Truly and honestly, there isn't a one-size-fits-all for diet nor exercise.. it's important to tailor it to your own specific needs.
  28. Sorry to also miss this one. Something to consider is if the bloat remains and your bowels don't normalize, you could have some underlying GI issues. This is when you could consider a Functional Medicine Practitioner to help identify the root cause so you know how to treat it. There's resources in the back of the Whole30 book to get you started should you consider this route. If low FODMAP foods provide you relief, I would encourage you to get some testing of your gut to see what could be going on. In my personal experience, continued bloat (even after whole30) and not losing weight were both related to underlying GI issues I had to treat first before I found my true healthy balance. I hope this information isn't discouraging, but gives you some more ideas of how to tackle your ongoing GI distress.
  1. Load more activity