All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Loyal Leslie

Restarting/Vent

So I decided to also come really clean so here’s the redone post I’m going to restart my program. I don’t have an official date yet. Easter was a non complaint day. I ate a few pieces of candy, a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from Starbucks, put honey in my tea because my throat was killing me and the honey was there and easier to get then buying throat coat tea that morning. Dinner was just as bad. My mom puts butter in everything and so I ate without speaking up that I needed special preparation for my food. I ate some fried okra yesterday and some peanuts today because I was starving. I ate my grilled nuggets and fruit from Chic-fil-A only to be told those are also no good. like ugh I can’t eat anything anymore. I just can’t eat out. Nothing is affordable, convenient, and compliant. I can’t afford to eat Chipotle everyday and I’m tired of chicken, turkey, and salad greens, spinach and sparse portions of fruit. I’m always hungry when I comply. I’m trying to make healthy food choices but like I’m broke dude and I work 40 hours a week. The last thing I want to do on my one day off is cook. I don’t have the fancy kitchen equipment like a food processor to make my own sauces and the meal plans are daunting to say the least. I may have bit off more than I can chew by starting because it sounded good and I liked what I read on the website. I’m telling you all this because I’m trying to have integrity with myself and make that a ruling principle of my life. I started the Whole30 as a part of my spiritual journey. I felt like if I could completely honor my body and do this program then I could also discipline my mind. This program is challenging me in ways I never imagined. I love a challenge and that’s why I don’t want to quit it. How does a busy single mom successfully do the Whole30? I need support.
  3. Loyal Leslie

Restarting/Vent

I’m going to restart my program. I don’t have an official date yetI just can’t eat out. Nothing is affordable, convenient, and compliant. I can’t eat Chipotle everyday and I’m tired of chicken, turkey, and salad greens spinach and sparse portions of fruit. I’m always hungry when I comply. I’m trying to make healthy food choices but like I’m broke dude and I work 40 hours a week. The last thing I want to do on my one day off is cook. I don’t have the fancy kitchen equipment like a food processor to make my own sauces and the meal plans are daunting to say the least. I may have bit off more than I can chew by starting because it sounded good and I liked what I read on the website. This program is challenging me in ways I never imagined. I love a challenge and that’s why I don’t want to quit it. How does a busy single mom successfully do the Whole30? I need support.
  4. Today
  5. True Primal

Chic-Fil-A grilled nuggets.

I wonder why it lists "natural flavor" 3 times. Must be very natural?
  6. Tina Marie

Need to do this !

Thanks Grace ! I hope you have much success with your w30 ! D2 I did it - weighed myself 195.2 it has been a steady increase for the last 2 yrs... I got to - about 178 with my first w30. M1 was raw carrot, celery, avocado and 1 boiled egg snack was 1 boiled egg and a small handful of almonds. M2 was another salad Last night M3 was fried shredded sweet potato with 1 egg and some roasted veggies. I know that I am not eating enough veggies - but have to go shopping ! and get some meal plans going. Then the food prep. That is what helps to stay on track. I have a retreat this weekend, typically the food is stuff I will be able to eat. I have already warned my friends that I can not partake of the junk food !! one friend will be bringing guac, so I will bring some veggies. tonight will be dress shopping for senior ball, so I will get some walking in - tomorrow I go in late so I am planning on getting in another good walk.
  7. kirbz

Unfortunately, no, not even close. Among other things, they have soybean oil, like four different forms of sugar, and various corn-related ingredients). Here is the ingredient list: https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Menu-Items/Grilled-Nuggets. One thing you'll definitely learn from this program is how many awful things they put in the foods we eat, even the ones that are so-called healthy! Best wishes to you!
  8. Hi there! It is hard to say without completing reintroduction, but it could be. I would also watch the quantity that you are putting on your veggies as that could be the culprit. You may want to introduce very small amounts of dairy at reintroduction, or if you don't miss it leave it out all together!
  9. Loyal Leslie

Yes or No? I have no access to the seasoning ingredient list so if anyone knows, please chime in.
  10. JoniScott

Starting May 1!

Hi Jordan! This will not be my first whole30, but I really need to do another one. It completely changed my life when I started two years ago. I still eat relatively Whole30 style. I had SEVERE digestive issues that dissipated within two weeks of the Whole30. I learned a whole new way to cook and eat. So, while I may not be new, I would like to do an "Official" Whole30 again in May to reset. Also, since it has been a while I look forward to learning new things and recipes along the way!
  11. True Primal

Edit posts?

Ok, thanks anyway... I replaced the forum-linked image with a True Primal logo to at least make the 404 error stop, which is hopefully not confusing.
  12. Gail Lovingdale

Started yesterday, April 8th! First time!

Welcome Shane!
  13. Last night I decided to try ghee again on some vegetables. Today I am once again not feeling well. Not as bad as last time but general nausea and a lot of brain fogginess sort of like if I were getting a bad head cold or sinus infection. If I am sensitive to ghee, does that mean that I'm likely extremely sensitive to dairy in general? This is making me scared about the reintroduction.
  14. ladyshanny

UHOH Bowel Trouble

If I were you I would immediately put aside all nuts, dried fruits, coconut and raw veggies. Focus on cooked proteins, cooked veggies and fat sources such as ghee or homemade mayo. These are all easier on the stomach and you will be able to see if the above have been causing you issues.
  15. Gail Lovingdale

UHOH Bowel Trouble

It's possible I have been eating too much nut products and/or coconut products. My usual day consists of: Breakfast-2 eggs w/veggies and potato Lunch-Salad w/protein (usually chicken) and homemade dressing Dinner-Protein and veggie-Usually a piece of chicken or fish in a homemade sauce Snacks-Nuts, Fruit, Dried fruit, Veggies... My gut has always been troublesome for me but this issue has been more relentless than the usual stomach pain and bloating.
  16. ladyshanny

Substitute For Gum

Chewing on mint leaves or fennel seed, drinking water, mint teas, brushing teeth etc are all what we would normally suggest. Some people also find that starting to do oil pulling on a daily basis helps overall.
  17. laura_juggles

Substitute For Gum

If you don't tell us what you're not willing to try and what you already know doesn't work, it's hard to offer additional suggestions that you haven't already considered.
  18. ladyshanny

UHOH Bowel Trouble

Digestive disruption isn't uncommon on the program but 16 days in does seem a bit long. Can you list out what you've been eating including portion sizes? Some common contributors to digestive distress includes too many nuts/nut products, raw veggies, cruciferous veggies (broc, cauli) and a vast increase in something you aren't used to having (coconut products is a common one).
  19. ladyshanny

Day 23 and I feel terrible

Hi @Hannah R - sorry you're feeling badly! Can you list out a few days of typical food consumption including portion sizes and meal timing? We should take a look and see if anything stands out.
  20. Gail Lovingdale

UHOH Bowel Trouble

Hello ladies-a little bit of an awkward question here. I am on day 16/30 and have yet to have a solid poop. Diarrhea has been the normal-usually coming every other day. Is this a problem for other people? And if so, how do you cope with it? Thanks in advance!
  21. Gail Lovingdale

Started April 8th-On Day 16!

Hello friends! My name is Gail, and although I started the program 16 days ago I am just now joining the forum. I am going strong so far and am feeling excited to see my results after the full 30 days and reintroduction period are complete. My boyfriend and I have been cooking and planning with each other and it has been an interesting challenge for the both of us. Ready for this healthy lifestyle change, Woohoo Whole30!
  22. I was really excited to try this program as I suffer with chronic fatigue and always have and I thought maybe it was my diet that was causing the issues. Well, I actually feel worse than I have in years and I can barely stay awake, and I'm feeling very lightheaded and sick most of the time. I've not been counting my calories and I try to eat plenty every day but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference? I've been making sure to add in extra starchy veggies and more fat, thinking perhaps that was the issue, and again, not seen any difference. I am so confused by everyone saying they have these amazing amounts of energy as I feel absolutely terrible and I want to cry even typing this out. I don't even know if it's worth it for me to finish out the month when I feel this bad. Is this normal? Is there even a chance sticking it out the last seven days will produce a positive change? Feeling very discouraged and unsure what to try next. I've even added supplements to my daily routine and have not seen any difference (since day 2 or 3 of this diet). Suggestions?
  23. Kelli70

Substitute For Gum

Hello! I am getting ready to start Whole 30 on May 1. I am excited and have got the pantry and fridge ready to start. The one area where I'm struggling to change is gum. I am a gum chewer! I use it to help with heartburn and nausea. It also helps me prevent from snacking and helps deter my sugar cravings. I have looked up alternatives and some I am not willing to try and others I have tried, but do not work for me. Any suggestions?
  24. Ok since no one else is here I'm going to try and emulate Jim4884 with insights into my 2nd reintroduction. Accidently exposed to canola oil, gluten and soy oil at hubbies birthday dinner out - fairly severe digestive distress. Took an extra day, 3 instead of 2, to calm my gut! Will test separately to see which was the culprit. Legumes: highly suspicious of Soy so have not reintroduced it with other legumes, will do a lone. Only slight gas after a large intro of beans, hummus and peanuts. I never eat more than one small serving a couple times a month so won't shy away once done with done with reintroduction. Non Gluten grains: suspicious of canola and corn oil so excluded them from this reintro day. Otherwise, piled on the grains with no cravings, sleep disturbance nor bloating. Will reintegrate in my normal lower frequency.
  25. Wow Jim4884 thank you! I'm on day 24 of my 2nd whole 30 and honestly my 1st reintroduction I started with non-gluten alcohol which awoke my sugar dragon and I never regained control of it. I am so very committed to honing a successful reintroduction with insights, like you have shared, into my own Food Freedom Forever!
  26. Eva Zu Beck

First day of 1st whole 30 today! 4-22!

Welcome! We are on same boat. Day 1 of whole 30.
  27. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's doing the slow reintro thing diary!

OH, I also have sore lips and tongue. They feel like I've burned them, and it's a feeling I used to get a lot and didn't realise it disappeared while on W30 until it came back!!
  1. Load more activity