All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

OK, this was not a great weekend. All food was compliant but there was champage yesterday and organic red wine today. I just know I'm going to wake up with anxiety. Seemed like a good idea at the time. The prime rib was AMAZING. Best cut of meat I've ever cooked. Had it with mashed potato and pumpkin with ghee, and steamed broccolini and asparagus, and a handful of almonds. Back to 100% compliant tomorrow, Dairy has been bumped to Wednesday.
  3. Samantha Ribeiro

Protein (beef fat)

Thbks @erinj that's what i thought. So the best thing to do is live it out when we don't know the source of ir right? Thanks
  4. Today
  5. Pandora Black

Must use throat lozenges

I agree, this trumps the rules.
  6. SchrodingersCat

Prepped: Green Thai Curry Salmon patties Roast chicken Salad mayo spicy mayo Salad dressing Beef stock Chicken stock Currently eating salmon patties, yum!
  7. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Day 16 Breakfast- Butternut squash and meaty marinara sauce,coconut flakes Lunch- teriyaki salmon with broccoli, a peach, some melon, coconut flakes Dinner - steak with broccoli and spaghetti squash, olives
  8. Jihanna

Home link

"Home" takes you to the Whole30.com site. "Forums" takes you to the main page for the forum. I agree that it would seem to make more sense if Home led to the forum home, but since everything else on that bar leads to the main site's stuff, I guess in a way it makes sense. ("Forum" on that link bar goes to the main forum page, too.) If you do click Home without thinking, hover on "The Whole30" and you should see a link for the Forum there. Again, not belittling your feedback one bit... just trying to at least offer a bit of a workaround based on what that link does.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Jihanna

Super stressed, about to quit

I would totally go back to the supplements, if needed, to correct issues like that... though thankfully my system tends to stay regular as long as I don't forget (or skip) my morning coffee.
  11. SchrodingersCat

Ok, last night was way more champagne than was reasonable. Unexpected celebration. Hungover today, but not horrifically so. Back to compliant and I'll do my next reintro on Tuesday. Dairy! Breakfast: Steak with leftover veg from yesterday. Dinner: prime rib with roasted veggies
  12. Oaklandish1

Super stressed, about to quit

I’ve made it home and it was a huge stress/nightmare. Spend a lot of time eating things I don’t like because some restaurants are just jerks. My boyfriend is sick of hearing about Whole30. Thank god only 5 days left because I am so over this... also I now have poo problems because I quit my fiber supplements on w30
  13. How is everyone doing? I had ZERO network last night, but made it through Day 5. Day 6 has brought me out of the fatigue/grogginess, so progress.
  14. C_Cezeaux

Tigers and Turtles - 2016

That sounds insanely good. I am going to have to look up a recipe. The water yoga sounds intriguing- I wish there was a place close to where we are staying that had something like it late in the evenings. For now, I'm only getting the walking I do at work and trying to lengthen my stride on the treadmill. I need to get lumbered up and toned again.
  15. Erinj

Protein (beef fat)

I think the main thing with the fat is the possible toxins that could be in it. But that will also depend on how the meat was sourced. The better the source (grass fed and grass finished) the better the fat will be.
  16. Jihanna

How do you drink your coffee on whole30?

This time through (at least so far), I've been brewing mine with ground cacao (100%) and a little cinnamon. I basically use 3 tsp cacao, 3 shakes cinnamon, and 2-4 tsp coffee depending on how strong I want the coffee flavor to be compared to the cacao (which means I'll vary the amount of water that goes in for that same reason). I don't add anything else to it at this point. That said, I walked down the coffee aisle at Sprouts the last time I was there, and my nose was all sorts of intrigued. I've been very tempted to get a bit of their fresh-ground coffee sometime soon, to see if I like it as well as what I've been using as my base.
  17. QuilterInVA

Tigers and Turtles - 2016

I made a Briam yesterday. It is a Mediterranean dish of potatoes, zucchini (or sometimes eggplant), red bell pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil baked in the oven. Thursday I made green beans, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, garlic and olive oil. So good and even better the next day. I had some for breakfast topped with fried eggs. I still go to the YMCA 5 days a week. I love Yoga and a new water yoga class started this week.
  18. Pandora Black

Home link

I really wish, when you’re on the forum and you click the “home” link it sent you to the forum homepage, NOT the whole 30 main page. Because that makes no sense. I know it’s just a little thing but it drives me crazy! Especially because when you’re at the homepage there is no link to the forum.
  19. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Day 15 Breakfast 4 eggs, pico de gallo, cauliflower rice, coconut flakes Lunch - Nom Nom Paleo Whole 30 teriyaki salmon, broccoli, coconut flakes, some raspberries Dinner- Chipotle Whole 30 salad (lettuce, carnitas, guacamole, pico de gallo).
  20. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Doctors appointment today, and it went great! My blood pressure went from high to normal it was 120/70! I have lost 15 lbs as well (I knew it had to be significant because my pants are too big now). I know you’re not supposed to weigh yourself but they always weigh you at this doctor. Also I’m off Prilosec, I’m no longer nauseous...ever. Even my back pain is better. The Whole 30 works, y’all.
  21. Samantha Ribeiro

Protein (beef fat)

Hey guys So my doubt is, when the beef or whatever source of protein isn't grass-fed. Is it safe to eat the fat? I remember that i read somewhere that said when you don't know the origin you should eliminate all the visible fat.
  22. I’m on day 3 and have been trying to figure out what is causing my gas! I didn’t think about the NUTS! That makes sense. I will try to eliminate those for the next couple of days and see what happens. Glad I found this thread!
  23. Pandora Black

Your dog is adorable!!
  24. SchrodingersCat

Brunch: Breakfast tray bake. Potato, turnip, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and capsicum tossed in evil and Old Bay, roasted with Polish sausage and topped with a couple of eggs. YUM!! Dinner is roast beef with roasted veggies. Why?... because it's my dog's birthday and I'm making him a roast dinner... Here's my boy:
  25. Last week
  26. Pandora Black

I can’t drink at all, ever. Mixes with my meds and gives me terrible headaches. Like instant hangover before it even wears off. Thank heaven for legal Cannabis! glad your stomach ache is better.
  27. SchrodingersCat

Stomach pain is gone, it wasn't terrible, just present, but I've woken up with joint pain, which is annoying. I'm going to rereintro rice on Monday to make sure it is the rice and not the glass of wine
  28. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Holy moly this is like the best salmon I’ve ever had. https://nomnompaleo.com/easy-teriyaki-salmon#wprm-recipe-container-12206
  29. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

I just made the sauce for my salmon, and at first I despaired because it used up all my coconut aminos. Then it dawned on me, duh, I can use the same sauce for the egg roll in a bowl. It’s Asian inspired. So yay. Two birds, one stone.
  1. Load more activity