All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @C_Cezeaux, can you post the Cole slaw recipe? I found complaint mayo that tastes devine... like the stuff I remember from childhood. The compliant ketchup tastes like... guess what?....TOMATOES! I'm mad at the food companies and madder at myself for letting them trick me into thinking their product tasted good!
  3. R1D8 One week completed. Since day 2, I'm not hungry. I thought I had a sugar dragon, but it's only reared it's ugly head when I was packing candy bars in my husband's lunch box. Mindlessly, I almost opened one. Day 4 I dreamed I ate a brownie, so maybe the sugar dragon is messing with my subconscious. My "chicken skin" on my upper arms and the rash on my stomach are gone. I can breathe better through my nose and taste my food without taking my daily allergy medication. I have more energy, but yesterday my body told me it needed a nap, so I listened. I'm cooking up a storm and doing a lot of dishes, so other areas of my life are getting less attention. How was your first week? Any NSVs?
  4. Today
  5. CHING

back again and starting June 17!

Thanks for the supportive words. Feel better already! Might try that mustard as well.
  6. BeginnersMind

In the event you change your mind, I am a big fan of the TJ's Deli Style Spicy Brown Mustard! Ingredients include: Distilled vinegar, water, mustard seed, salt, spices, tumeric (spice and color). And as far as the weddings, summer is such a hard time because of all the fun events!!! No shame in prioritizing your health for you if that's the right decision, just as you would stick to a promise or commitment to a friend - but I also understand wanting to be present and not worrying about compliant foods in the moment! I bet if you planned ahead since it's 2 weeks away you'd be able to find a work around! Alternatively, could be awesome to have 2 weeks of whole30 eating as well, that never hurts!
  7. BeginnersMind

Starting June 10th - 30 days til my brothers wedding

Haha. This is the exact reason why I have been slipping on my health journey! It's those darn nuts and nut butters - I mean, honestly, who can actually just eat one spoonful of almond butter?????
  8. CHING

Sounds good! Just reviewing the guidelines- just found out most Dijon mustard is out- no big deal- so it's week 2 for you guys.. I'm worried that I forgot I have 2 weddings in 2 weeks! If it doesn't work out.- I'll just start over!
  9. Jihanna

Feeling better after reintro than on round?

@SchrodingersCat This right here is part of why I believe in personalized Food Freedom. The foods we cut out for Whole30 aren't inherently evil, they're just known to cause inflammation in a lot of people and thus are a smart choice to remove temporarily for a reset... and it's possible for one body to thrive on a removed food while another body suffers from it greatly. Of course, it could just be that you took a little longer and the compliance in-between reintro days has been enough to jolt you forward. Either way, I'm thrilled that you're doing so well!
  10. Jihanna

Home link

Hopefully the Forums link (under Home) still works... so sorry for the wonky site, though. That happened a lot with stuff I was trying to do when using a tablet, until my youngest stole it (ok, not really) from me to do things like Gacha edits, so I totally understand it can throw things off and even prevent you from seeing things as they should be seen (mine didn't seem to know whether to use browser view or mobile view half of the time).
  11. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

Dinner was lamb leg steak, roasted golden beets, sweet potato, asparagus and carrot.
  12. FairyL0u

Day Zero

Meal 1 - eggs w/ leek, peppers, mushrooms Meal 2 - chicken w/ left over veg & salad & olives Meal 3 - home made beef burgers, veg (cabbage, broccoli, g beans, b sprouts) an apple bike 10.5, walk 5
  13. Pandora Black

Home link

I’m on a tablet so I can’t hover. The site is a little wonky on my tablet, it’s hard to bring up the menu under the whole 30 link.
  14. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Me too! I bought six lbs of wild Alaskan salmon from butcher box.
  15. SchrodingersCat

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Yum, I'm on a huge salmon kick at the moment.
  16. SchrodingersCat

Saw my neuro today, he's really happy with me and delighted that I'm down 25kg, and down to one med a day. I talked to him about my fatigue (unavoidable, and I'm unwilling to medicate for it), and about my wonky eyesight (think it's just time I got glasses, I passed all his tests) and about the vertigo (still appears to be food related or W30 wouldn't work so well). It's nice to have a doctor who isn't all about shoving pills at me and actually cheers for getting off meds and healthy living. So. I'm going back to Taekwondo on Wednesday!!! I quit when the vertigo got bad, just before getting my black belt! So I'm starting back with a veiw to going for black at the end of the year.
  17. Keen On Clean Fuel

In my experience, some people need a bit more time than the 30 days depending on what they have going on in their bodies. Maybe your body just needed a little bit longer this go 'round to reset and get to that tiger blood
  18. C_Cezeaux

I'll also be happy fo follow along with you. I'm a week ahead, but won't mine extending another week at all.
  19. End of week 1! That's the hardest part of the timeline for me. Not that the rest is super easy, but nothing like the groggy fatigue of week one. Going to have to heavily rely on pre-prepped veg from the local grocery store - thank goodness they have a good produce dept. The dairy free coleslaw was quick, easy, and tasty, so it goes in my lunch again this week. I can alternate shrimp and eggs to make it more of a salad, have avocados at the ready. Boom. Lunches planned.
  20. Spend a good amount of time looking at yourself in a full length mirror. Be honest, but do not allow yourself to speak negatively of what you see there. Accept what is and if you don't like it, plan what you will do to change what is changeable. (Sorry, some things are just marks of life experience). It's a good body, it's carried you this far. Encourage yourself like you would a daughter or a friend.
  21. Good job on making it through the family outing, those can be tough! Mindless eating and the no brakes are ones I struggle with as well. Had been doing really well with it until I had surgery last fall, then picked up the habit of eating in my recliner again during recovery. I do much better if I sit down at the table for regular meals. My no brakes foods have at least been healthy foods, but it didn't do me much good when I could munch through a bag of nuts instead of my handful. Looking forward to Week 2!
  22. SchrodingersCat

Protein (beef fat)

I'm not all over the science, but I believe that the highest concentration of undesirables in meat are concentrated in the fat (as that's the storage component), so if you're not in a position to purchase higher quality meat, the best step you can take is to remove all visible fat.
  23. Yesterday
  24. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Day 17 Breakfast - Butternut squash noodles with meaty marinara sauce, coconut flakes Lunch- teriyaki salmon, butternut squash, sweet potato wedges with tessamaes ranch dressing, a peach Dinner will be steak and broccoli or cauliflower, olives
  25. SchrodingersCat

It definitely wasn't a lack of food, but very possibly a lack of carbs. I was rarely eating potato, but was eating other root vegetables. I'm still chugging through reintro now and still feeling better. Odd.
  26. Pandora Black

Just get back on the horse, you got this!
  27. SchrodingersCat

As predicted, I woke up at 4am and never went back to sleep. Red wine does that to me every time and I don't seem to flippin' learn. SIGH. THEN this morning I forgot to put the meal I'd prepared to slow cook today in the damn slow cooker, so BOO!! We'll have it tomorrow, and tonight I'll just grill something. I was compliant all weekend, save for the alcohol, and I actually regret that. It was not the plan and as such I feel like I slipped. It goes to show how slippery that slope is!! I'm paying for it with gastric distress (code for additional bathroom time) and heartburn. Anyway. Compliant today and tomorrow, dairy on Wednesday IF I'm otherwise fine. Maybe Thursday to let my belly settle down. Meal 1: Hot smoked salmon and spicy kraut Meal 2: Salmon patties with spicy mayo and coleslaw with Thai dressing Meal 3: Pork chops with roasted veggie medley and dukkah
  28. ShannonM816

Protein/Fruit/Nuts

Eggs are a great protein source. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds are all fine to have, but none are really complete protein sources. Broccoli and brussel sprouts would count as vegetables, and all nuts and seeds are considered fats (except peanuts which are legumes and not allowed on whole30). Psychologically, we would encourage you not to think of fruit as dessert, at least not on a daily basis, especially if you currently feel meals are not complete without something sweet to end them. That's more about changing how you think about food. There's nothing inherently wrong with having fruit, or even with occasionally having it as dessert on a special occasion, but you should think about how you currently feel about dessert and if breaking a habit of having them or just getting over your sweet tooth in general is something important to you. Pre-wo is somewhat individualized. If the handful of nuts or seeds is working for you, it's fine to keep doing that. Here's more about the latest guidelines for pre and post-workout foods: https://whole30.com/2019/02/whole30-pre-workout-post-workout/
  1. Load more activity