All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Kelli70

Substitute For Gum

Hello! I am getting ready to start Whole 30 on May 1. I am excited and have got the pantry and fridge ready to start. The one area where I'm struggling to change is gum. I am a gum chewer! I use it to help with heartburn and nausea. It also helps me prevent from snacking and helps deter my sugar cravings. I have looked up alternatives and some I am not willing to try and others I have tried, but do not work for me. Any suggestions?
  3. Today
  4. Ok since no one else is here I'm going to try and emulate Jim4884 with insights into my 2nd reintroduction. Accidently exposed to canola oil, gluten and soy oil at hubbies birthday dinner out - fairly severe digestive distress. Took an extra day, 3 instead of 2, to calm my gut! Will test separately to see which was the culprit. Legumes: highly suspicious of Soy so have not reintroduced it with other legumes, will do a lone. Only slight gas after a large intro of beans, hummus and peanuts. I never eat more than one small serving a couple times a month so won't shy away once done with done with reintroduction. Non Gluten grains: suspicious of canola and corn oil so excluded them from this reintro day. Otherwise, piled on the grains with no cravings, sleep disturbance nor bloating. Will reintegrate in my normal lower frequency.
  5. Wow Jim4884 thank you! I'm on day 24 of my 2nd whole 30 and honestly my 1st reintroduction I started with non-gluten alcohol which awoke my sugar dragon and I never regained control of it. I am so very committed to honing a successful reintroduction with insights, like you have shared, into my own Food Freedom Forever!
  6. Eva Zu Beck

First day of 1st whole 30 today! 4-22!

Welcome! We are on same boat. Day 1 of whole 30.
  7. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's doing the slow reintro thing diary!

OH, I also have sore lips and tongue. They feel like I've burned them, and it's a feeling I used to get a lot and didn't realise it disappeared while on W30 until it came back!!
  8. dontgetsad

Yellowbird Hot Sauces

Thank you!
  9. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat's doing the slow reintro thing diary!

UGHHHHH. This long weekend, I had hot cross buns. And cheese. And butter. And chocolate. And other chocolate. And fruit cake. And way, way, way too much wine. I now have vertigo, puffy hands, IBS symptoms, heartburn, brain fog and general all around awfulness. So what did I do? Ate a laksa. Self flagellation at its best.
  10. ladyshanny

Edit posts?

No edits of any kind can be made to an archived thread.
  11. True Primal

Edit posts?

Can you just delete that comment entirely, instead?
  12. Lorna from Canada

First day of 1st whole 30 today! 4-22!

Welcome Rachel! Hubs and I did our first W30 together in January. It truly is life challenging.
  13. Grace A

Need to do this !

We can all fall back into old habits. It's great you have the tools to with Whole30 to get back on track!
  14. ShannonM816

This looks delicious

It would be like any other fruit juice, it's compliant, but we don't recommend drinking a lot of juice. Maybe have a splash in some water or sparkling water to be more in keeping with the recommendations.
  15. Yesterday
  16. I know the rules about fruit juices buuuut I found this at Hannaford and I can't help but ask.. Can I have this?
  17. Tina Marie

Need to do this !

I have done a bunch of W30's. The first was the best ! All the rest were just a reset. NOW this time is going to be a partial because I am going on vacation in May for a few days - and I am not going to ask my Hostess to do anything different than she would normally do. She is not well, and I am there to be a help - and enjoy our time together - not stressing about food/alcohol . When I return - then it will be a full blown 30. I have not weighed myself- can't bring myself to do it, I KNOW I am retaining a ton of water- none of my dress pants fit. I'm upset with my self that I have let - i'm guessing 20 lbs to creep back on. It is entirely my fault. I am the one who can say no when my friends bake casseroles with a ton of dairy products, or make yummy cakes (although I do prefer chips/dip) or want to go out for dinner - and eat all those chips that are brought out first. So today was D1. Not the perfect w30- cuz I did snack - because of stress. and I really am not prepared with veggies, M1 was 2 fried eggs, m2 was a salad w/ a chicken patty for the protein - not a good choice - but the only protein I have available. M3 - no clue, probably another salad. or maybe a hash - I have found some white sweet potatoes that are suppose to be pretty good I am making this post a priority - I am an emotional eater - I need somewhere to go - to yack all those emotions - instead of eating or drinking them
  18. This product is fine. If the ingredients are compliant we dont worry about the nutritional panel. The added sugars are likely referring to the pineapple juice but that is fine as an ingredient in a sauce.
  19. ladyshanny

Edit posts?

Hi there, the post you're referring to is an archived topic which is not editable. Links change, people tend to understand that, they can probably just Google your product and get current results.
  20. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat doing the thing diary!

Peace, Lorna! I hope you had a great weekend! I ate ALL the non-compliant things, ugh I feel awful. Hands are all puffy, and I have heartburn. Back to compliant now, until we go to Bali.
  21. Someone please help... I have the classic bbq sauce by Noble Made by The New Primal, and it does have a whole30 approved stamp on it... yet, in the ingredient list it says it has 5g sugar, 4g of those being added sugars. Seems contradictory?
  22. Welcome Sandy! You've got this. It's only 30 days of one meal at a time!
  23. True Primal

Ketchup?

Yeah I want one of those logos. ;-)
  24. Grace A

Ketchup?

Primal Kitchen ketchup is indeed compliant. You always know you are safe if the Whole30 logo is on a product!
  25. Grace A

Edit posts?

Thanks for letting us know. I'll get this over to our team to correct!
  26. ShannonM816

Yellowbird Hot Sauces

These are fine.
  27. dontgetsad

Yellowbird Hot Sauces

From what i can tell, they are compliant (except for the one with agave) as they are sweetened with dates and fruit juice (like tessemae's), but I always like to double check! The ingredients are: Sriracha: Organic Jalapeño, Organic Distilled Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Organic Dates, Organic Raisins, Salt, Organic Tangerine Juice Concentrate, Organic Lime Juice Concentrate Serrano: Organic Serrano Peppers, Organic Cucumbers, Organic Onions, Organic Carrots, Organic Distilled Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Salt, Organic Dates, Organic Raisins, Organic Lime Juice Concentrate Thanks!
  28. True Primal

Ketchup?

This one seems Whole30. In fact it has the Whole30 logo on the label: https://www.primalkitchen.com/products/organic-unsweetened-ketchup
  1. Load more activity