Starting my Whole30 journey November 1, 2016! I'm nervous but excited to see how this turns out.
Why I am doing Whole30:
- Get out of the pre-diabetic range and get my fasting glucose to a healthy range.
- Reduce the factors that contribute to my sleep apnea.
- Improve my energy levels and get in better cardiovascular shape.
- Lose weight.
- Establish a healthier emotional relationship with food and alcohol.
- Learn which foods have a negative affect on my health.
- Learn better ways to cope and soothe myself when my anxiety and depression flare up.
A little more about me. I am 27, single, and am a full time assistant civil engineer. I'm a Christian. I graduated from Cal Poly SLO in 2013. I own a home in Fresno but am currently in the process of selling it and downsizing so I'm temporarily living with my parents while I look for a new place. It works out pretty well actually because my mom cooks most of my Whole30 meals and is doing the program with me.
I have three kitties: Corbin, Draco, and Emma and they are my babies. I am known as a bit of "cat lady" among my friends. Things I enjoy include being outdoors, hiking, swimming, reading, watching Netflix (I could go on and on about my various TV obsessions!), writing, listening to music, going to art events, and painting with watercolors.
I would love to connect with other Wholer30-ers so feel free to leave a comment or something and say hi.