Starting Monday 5/13--why always Monday?

Suzgord

After a month of paleo with over 90% compliance, I am curious to see what no teaspoon of sugar or heavy cream in my coffee and missing Friday pizza night with the family might do for me.

Terrible sinusitis-- five surgeries in the last 12 years for polyps-- and related mild asthma on top of a weight problem mean I owe it to myself to see if I can get better. I guess I will know in 30 days!

I know I can do it because I have done surprisingly well in cutting out grains, dairy, & sugar. I have been having a but of dark chocolate after dinner, so I anticipate missing that indulgence, but perhaps my cravings will not be as bad as for some just leaving carb city behind for the first time.

In the past four weeks of eating paleo/ primal, I felt as if eating real food was my methadone for a heroin type junk food addiction. I don't even care for what I've needed to consume for energy, but I believe it has improved a bit since everything changed. I always bemoaned the fact that I could never completely stop eating the way an alcoholic could stop the booze, but complete deprivation of all those trigger foods is the next best thing. I'm 13 pound down going into this heightened level for the next 30. Can I get my nose better and shed some more fat? Gonna give it a try!

Good luck to all us Monday folks, starting with unsweetened coffee with coconut milk--and all the best intentions to improve our lives.

I made 22 days and then hit rock bottom. I just felt like such a failure that I ate bread, pasta, cupcakes, alcohol and ate cheese. I haven't eaten gluten since November and went off dairy in march because I found out I am allergic. This 2 week overindulgence has left me terribly sick!!!! All poison and its showing! Terrible sinus infection and flu like symptoms. Tomorrow I start anew...here is to the next 30!

Archived