fat content in primal pacs beef jerky

ashleycttu04

I've had a look at their website and I can't help feeling there's a misprint somewhere. First of all I've made jerky at home and you just can't make it with meat that's got fat in it, it just doesn't work. You have to use the leanest meat possible.

Secondly they quote 7gms of fat per 28gms for both the jerky on it's own and the primal pac which contains roasted macademia nuts and almonds. Once you include the nuts it's obviously going to have a much higher fat content than the jerky alone. I've emailed them to ask about this and when I get a reply I'll let you know what they say.

OK, I got a reply from Matt Pierce at Primal Pacs. It simply says

Kirsteen,

Our jerky is pretty fatty. Nutritional info is correct.

Now, since UK Customs & Excise won't allow the importation of jerky, I've never managed to see or taste it so I can't comment on how fatty it is. It still seems strange to me that the jerky on it's own can be as fatty as when nuts are added to it but, if it is, it seems even better as a snack or emergency meal. I do wish I could taste it. Perhaps those that have could say whether they found it fatty or not?

PP jerky is very fatty – some of the fattiest on the market. He's created a recipe that includes keeping much of the grass-finished fat, because it's tastier, and more nutritious. This also makes it easier to eat – nowhere near as dry and tough as many other jerky brands.

So does it taste fatty? Or just more flavorful? My hubs is slowly turning towards a more paleo diet & he is looking for a beef jerky that is good but less sodium than the norm g-store brands- pp def has less sodium in it-but I haven't won him over yet because of the fat content in it

You want as much fat from grass-fed beef as you can get. Grass-finished beef had an omega-3 profile that rivals fish. Good fat is good for you. And it tastes fab. Yum yum.

Tell your husband 1987 called, looking for its erroneous fat phobia. :D

You want as much fat from grass-fed beef as you can get. Grass-finished beef had an omega-3 profile that rivals fish. Good fat is good for you. And it tastes fab. Yum yum.

Tell your husband 1987 called, looking for its erroneous fat phobia.

Lol

So does it taste fatty? Or just more flavorful? My hubs is slowly turning towards a more paleo diet & he is looking for a beef jerky that is good but less sodium than the norm g-store brands- pp def has less sodium in it-but I haven't won him over yet because of the fat content in it

It tastes lucious and moist.

Oh my god. I have a couple of mini-vacations coming up so I ordered Primal Pacs to take with me as an insurance policy. I just opened one to see how it tastes. AH-MA-ZING! I usually have a very difficult time with jerky because I have TMJ and it's just too much for my jaw. I let this sit in my mouth a while and it softened up enough for me to eat it. It's so tasty, I didn't want to wait though! The whole combo is so delicious I feel like I'm eating something sinful. Best jerky ever.

I love Primal Pacs jerky! It doesn't taste fatty to me, but is sure rich and much more juicy than the typical jerky. I thought it was from the fruit juices (that mango piece is heaven) but I guess the fat content, too? The flavor is wonderful! Worth a try if you are looking for an easy snack to toss in a bag for travel or in a pinch. I can eat too many at once.

Archived