5/14 My 2nd Attempt at Whole30

AuntB

Guess this is getting pretty boring....

Went for a run tonight. Made it 2.6 miles in the heat and humidity. I actually felt pretty good. I think I might be getting close to the end of the feeling crappy during runs phase.

I've noticed that i'm not eating enough veggies. Maybe I should eat them first? Once I eat the protein, i'm fuil!

For example, tonight I ate more paleo chili with cauliflower mash. After that I was pretty full, but I managed to eat a whole tomato that I got from the farmers market. I made a mixture of vegges to eat too, but I was so full I had to just put them in the fridge. So.. maybe I should work on getting the veggies up on the importance list!

Onto day 8 tomorrow....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 9.

Same ol' breakfast. We had a business cookout lunch hosted for us today. I had green beans and a flat iron steak. I passed on the ice cream, cookies, butter, sodas, and rolls. This was hard and I caught a lot of flac from my coworkers. They just don't get what i'm doing, because i'm "already so limited" with what I can eat. This is why I prefer to skip these events, but then i'm not "being part of the group" so I stay to endure the pressure.

Going for another run tonight.

I did have someone tell me i'm looking slimmer. Here's to hoping that i'm losing some weight!

Day 11. I guess I can say this log was for myself, but with no one encouraging me, it's hard to stick with it.

Doing well so far. I have to work all weekend, so that should help keep me away from all the tempting Memorial Day foods.

Just catching up on your posts.....you're doing great! Good for you on passing on the stuff at your work function. Isn't it funny how people will try to get you off track by making comments like that? I often wonder if its because they know what they are eating isn't healthy for them. What I've noticed is the people that have been really supportive of my changes are the ones that I know have my best interest at heart. The ones who really care about me. It's telling me a lot about the people I have in my life. Your co-workers don't need to be a part of this. I'm glad you were able to kick those comments to the curb where they belong. Have a great day!

Hang in there AuntB. I read your log. I often do it in passing and don't comment. I will try to be better. I always feel like my slogging through is boring too, but healing isn't boring.

I think you're doing great. Wow on your 2.6 mile run. I've been walking and always feel better after 3miles. Keep up your strength with all this fabulous food you're eating. You're almost to the halfway point!

So glad to see i've gotten some visitors! I know this log is for ME, but it get's lonely when I'm talking to myself!!

I'm doing well. Today is day 16 I believe. I've barely been eating any fruit, and I didn't buy any nuts for awhile, but I bought a small bag of pistachios the other day and lo and behold, another thing of cashews ended up in my cart. Yum. I need to stay away from the nuts. They really are my food without brakes. I tell that to my fiance, and he just laughs at me.

Memorial day weekend was rough. Lots of available food, but I stuck to my guns. My parents and I took my nephew to the park this weekend and on the way back, instead of getting fast food, we stopped at the store and got burgers, shrimp, sweet potatoes and watermelon. I didn't have any butter or put anything on my burger other than lettuce, a tomato, and a bit of mustard. The shrimp was made with just olive oil and salt on the grill. It was delicious! This is the furthest i've ever made it. I feel so good! I still don't have boundless amounts of energy, but I am working two jobs so that may have something to do with it.

I'm really proud of myself so far. I've had a few really tough situations so far, and i've made it out unscathed. Yay!

I'm really proud of you too! You had a big weekend with a lot of challenges and you handled them great! I try to remind myself that it's just one meal and I can have it later. I think you're awesome!

Something I KNOW I need to get over, is the thought of veggies with breakfast. It just seems strange to me, but I know I need to get over that.

Hi Brittany,

In previous Whole30s, one thing that helped me with veggies at breakfast was to start with something like baby carrots and green/yellow/orange/red peppers. With their slightly sweet undertone, it seemed a bit more of a natural transition. Once I got used to those I was able to more easily move on to other veggies.

[/size]

Hi Brittany,

In previous Whole30s, one thing that helped me with veggies at breakfast was to start with something like baby carrots and green/yellow/orange/red peppers. With their slightly sweet undertone, it seemed a bit more of a natural transition. Once I got used to those I was able to more easily move on to other veggies.

Thank you! I need to try this. I've just been having eggs and sweet potatos for breakfast.

Day 17. Whew. I'm so surprised with how well i'm doing. I was eating my lunch today when I realized I was completely content eating my veggies. I also noticed I never get "pass out hungry" as I used to call it. I guess it's because i'm eating almost no sugar, and it keeps my blood sugar levels even. That's a wonderful feeling. I used to get so SICK and shakey if i didn't eat in certain amounts of time.

I know that i'm pretty much going to stay on whole30 foods after my whole30 is over, with the exception of being more relaxed with my meat. I haven't have any bacon beause it's all cured with sugar. I can't wait until I can have that again! We used to spend so much money eating out, but now we almost never go out anymore. That's nice too.

Went for a run last night. It was so hot and miserable. We plan on going swimming tonight, and we have a very busy weekend. Also, my ONE YEAR sobriety date is on Monday. I can't believe it's been an entire year without alcohol.

AuntB, you're doing great. I love this last post about eating your veggies, and not getting starving hungry between meals.

You have so much reason for joy. Monday, 1YEAR! That is an awesome milestone in your recovery! Brilliantly done!

Day 21 today. Things have been going pretty well. I've managed to stay compliant even through a 2 day blues festival here in my hometown.

My grandfather also had a cookout yesterday. I just ate burger with mustard and snacked on tomatoes, carrots, and broccoli. It was pretty good. Those burgers on the grill were delicious.

My pants are all getting too big. I really have NO idea how much weight i've lost, but i'm sure I had to have lost some, because clothing i've bought in the last month doesn't fit. I've struggled to lose ANY weight at all over the last year, so if i lose 5lbs in a month i'd be thrilled. I plan on sticking to this way of eating after my whole30 is over, but I guess it won't really be a whole30 anymore if i'm eating non compliant bacon. Oh well.

I'm already thinking about how my honeymoon will go. One part of me says "eat want you want, within reason. It's your honeymoon!" while the other part of me says "don't throw it all away on a week at the beach" It honestly gives me a little anxiety, because at that point it will be over 100 days of pretty darn clean eating, but i don't want to be pouty because I can't have something like ice cream while i'm away. *sigh* Not sure what i'll do.

Yay Aunt B!  It sounds like you are having a great experience!

The best advice I got about off roading was just to make it worth it.  Is a bag of baked chips worth it?  Probably not.  Is a bowl of specialty ice cream?  For me, YES.  So mindless off roading might make you feel crappy about what you're doing, which is not pro-honeymoon.  Making thoughtful, "worth it" off roading decisions is another story.

Have a ball!

I'd say have an awesome honeymoom. If ice cream is a great treat, go for it. Maybe try to gauge what really is special and what's "meh". Congratulations and just ENJOY yourself during this really special time. (24 years later, my husband and I are STILL talking about our honeymoon !!!:)

Thanks ladies! My honeymoon isn't until September, but I plan on staying ALMOST whole30 until then. When my whole30 is up, i'm going to have bacon and meats that are nitrate and nitrite free (but cured with sugar), but other than that keep the foods the same. My only worry is the wedding and honeymoon. I have celiac, and we are getting cupcakes for the wedding. My mom insists that we get gluten free cupcakes but i'm wondering how bad they will make me feel. At the same time, it's my WEDDING. I don't want to look back and wish I would have just had a damn GF cupackes, ya know? The celiac will keep me from indulging in a LOT of junk, but I wouldn't mind having ice cream once while honeymooning. Anyway, I guess i'll cross the bridge as I get to it. I will read the link about off roading.

Tonight we went running, to the store, and came home and had sauteed collard greens in ghee with spices, an angus burger in coconut oil in the frying pan, and a whopping portion of cauliflower with ghee. It was wonderful!! I really think with proper planning and a good cookbook, I could keep this up for a long time!

Day 22... going well. Can't believe my whole30 is up next week. It seemed like SO long when I started, but now it's almost over. I'm a little excited for day 31 because I want to get on the scale. I have my first wedding dress fitting on Thursday, so i'll be able to guage some of the weight loss by how my dress fits. I don't expect it to be falling off, but i'm anxious to see if they think it will need adjusting.

Archived