My first Whole30

DanielleM

Day 26:

Breakfast: baked chicken, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato with ghee, green tea

Lunch: spinach salad with 3 HB eggs, tomato, carrots and olive oil

Dinner: Broccoli and olive oil, ground bison.

Had a much bigger breakfast than I'm used to, but I'm heading home tonight and had to use up the groceries. Not bad for meal planning, I'm pretty proud of myself. Not too hungry at lunchtime, because of the large breakfast, but I ate it anyway.

Between working and flying home, dinner was about 9 hours after that. I was terribly hungry on the plane, and had no snacks with me. The hunger pains passed finally. When I did get to eat, my boyfriend made me dinner while i took a shower. he sautéed some broccoli and leftover frozen ground bison. It was the most delicious thing ever!

Day 27:

Breakfast: broccoli and ground bison, coconut chips, green tea

Lunch: grassed jerky, sweet potato with coconut oil.

Dinner: carnitas from "Well Fed" and cauliflower rice, kombucha

Woke up with a bad headache this morning, any my knee hurts like I twisted it. I don't remember doing that though.

I dreamed last night that I was eating potato chips...and right at the end of my whole 30! Ugh. I haven't eaten chips by choice for years. Sometimes if a client feeds us, and that was the only thing offered...maybe. I don't even like them! Thank goodness it was a dream.

I think it means I'm nervous about reintroduction after.

Day 28:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, bowl of fresh fruit, a few slices of avocado ( we went out for breakfast, this was the best I could do!)

Snack: coconut chips, green tea

Lunch: leftover carnitas, sweet potato with coconut oil

Dinner: 1 chicken drumstick, rosemary and garlic sweet potato. Kombucha

Wasn't terribly hungry yesterday. Otherwise felt pretty good despite not getting enough sleep....went to bed very late, and couldn't sleep in.

Took a short nap in the afternoon as a result.

Starting to get nervous about reintroduction.....I would much rather stay Whole30 all the time, but I know I can't due to the restrictions of travel and eating out all the time on the road!

Day 29:

Breakfast: leftover carnitas & cauliflower rice with coconut chips, green tea, kombucha

Lunch: Completely missed lunch! I was starving by dinner!

Dinner: Roast beef with caramelized onions and garlic, salad with olive oil, and Zucchini noodles from "Well Fed"

Day 30!!!!

Breakfast: two eggs fried in coconut oil, spinach, banana, green tea, kombucha

Lunch: chicken drumsticks, sweet potato with coconut oil

Dinner: "Well Fed" chilli (with extra tomatoes!), guacamole, carrots

I'm so sad that it's day 30! I can't imagine NOT doing this forever. I don't want to stop. EVER. :)

Thanks, Teresa! I have to ease up on the strictness when I travel. Definitely going to stick to paleo when at all possible if I'm not at home! Eating out is going to be a huge challenge- it's the one thing I dread... nothing tastes as good as when I cook at home compliantly! :)

Day 31:

Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, spinach, green tea, banana, kombucha

Lunch: Leftover roast, guacamole and carrots

Dinner: "Well Fed" chicken, mashed cauliflower, spinach salad with celery, onions, parsley and olive oil.

I can feel the magic happening now. Day 29, 30, 31... I feel like there is more body composition changes going on, which is great. I'm sleeping better the last couple of nights. I still wake up, but fall right back asleep.

I can definitely see keeping this going- if only my travel schedule would allow!

Archived