3 Pretty Ripe Large Avocados...What should I do?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Susan and Christi...I used one of the 3 old ones to make a basil sauce that was delicious on chicken but have not used the other 2 yet and considering how brown the one I did use was I may toss them. I have been oversleeping so have not done the baked eggs yet as they take 20 minutes to bake.

Hmm...maybe it is the tomato paste. Is tomato paste from raw or cooked tomatoes? At the moment I've just been avoiding all tomatoes, but I might have to experiment some soon.

It might be the tomato paste. I assume it comes from cooked tomatoes like if you were to make it at home (ie, cooking the liquid off to make paste) but I don't know for certain. Maybe they have some industrial paste machine that doesn't require cooking the tomatoes first??

Quickie Guac: mash avocado with fresh squeeze of lime and sprinkle of coarse salt. add cumin and/or cracked pepper if you're feeling fancy. :) This is super yummy with carrot or jicama sticks...or on top of any grilled meat in a salad.

I also second (or third or fourth) the idea of using mashed avo in egg, chicken or tuna salad. Tunacado! Eggvocado! Add a little grainy mustard to the mix and it's damn near perfect. nom nom nom.

Ok everyone - not going to quote all the great ideas but I have a problem! I do not know how to PIN!!!

I know it's pinterest...but gathering recipes may be just the reason for me to do that!

These recipes look so wonderful! That taco sald...the dressing...the ideas...

Kirsteen - what is the Al protocol?

AI is the Auto-immune protocol. there's a section on it in the book and quite a few people here have done or are doing AI W30s. Now I wouldn't recommend anyone doing it if they don't have to but I really think I've got several auto - immune issues and I've just been putting it off, so now I'm easing my way into it but I'm still at the stage of having hissy fits over things I realise I can't have on it :angry:

Sorry I can't help with Pinterest i've never used it but wouldn't mind learning how to ;)

I am a pinterest newbie. I hope Derval and Nadia chime in. Derval taught me about Pinterest. All I know is that some recipes (and other things) can be pinned so you end up with a place to store your favorites. Now, as far as I know, we cant pin stuff from here unless there is a link.

Step 1 for Pinterest - go to the site and set up an account. You need a facebook account to do it (or at least I did when I joined).

Step 2 set up your pinboards (I really need to reorganize mine) for the things you want to keep track of (ex: gardening ideas, DIY recipes, healthy and beauty, paleo recipes, w30 recipes, etc)

Step 3 find your friends and follow them (either individual boards or in total) and repin things to your boards that you like.

Step 4 as you are browsing the blogosphere and you come across something you want to keep around for later you can pin it to an appropriate board. Lots of sites will have a pin it button on the article. Those that don't you can add a Pin It button to your browser toolbar (there are instruction on pintrest)

When I do my meal planning I always right the source of my recipe in my meal plan whether that be a page in a book or pintrest.

Hope that helps! :-)

Wow, I've just switched to the AI protocol and have been in total mourning over home made mayo - you may just have saved my life with this recipe :wub:

Kristen, garlic mayo is included in this recipe ^_^ Happy aipping.

Pinterest? No, thanks. I feel useless every time I open it. Or it makes me hungry. Or it makes me feel fat. So I run and buy some washi tape and dress up my kombucha bottles and close my "crafting" gestalt :D :D :D

Kristen, garlic mayo is included in this recipe Happy aipping.

Pinterest? No, thanks. I feel useless every time I open it. Or it makes me hungry. Or it makes me feel fat. So I run and buy some washi tape and dress up my kombucha bottles and close my "crafting" gestalt

Lol..you so crack me up. I get it.

Yah. Pinterest is a massive time suck for me. I started using it (mostly for photography and some home decor stuff, some dreamy woods cabins, a few select kids' crafts, etc.) but it was too time-consuming. (Versus all the time I spend here...)

I use Pinboard to save bookmarks. It's like old school Delicious before Yahoo ruined it--just straight up bookmarking in a very clean non-social format. All text and imminently searchable. I have it linked to my Evernote via IFTTT so that all "makethis" tagged links get sent to my Recipes notebook.

On avocados: Last night I mashed avocado in with with Meyer lemon, smoked salt and good EVOO: yummy over sautéed ground beef and salad. I think adding some anchovy paste would be awesome.

I pretty much only use Pinterest to keep track of things I want to come back to later. I don't go crawling all over everyone else boards anymore.

My purpose too but someone needs to stop me from looking at crafty things.

My purpose too but someone needs to stop me from looking at crafty things.

I have no kids (yet) and plenty of crafts of my own (I'm a Creative Memories consultant/scrapbooker and I dabble in knitting) so I sometimes pin a knitting pattern I might want to come back to but I really don't get tempted to do any of the crafty things I see on there. Perhaps I'm just to lazy really. ;-)

Archived