Pityriasis Rosea - skin condition

I've recently been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea, which is basically just a rash that appears for no apparent reason, primarily on the stomach/chest/back.

Doctors have no clue about what causes it or why, and there is nothing you can do for it, except treat any itching, which I've been lucky enough not to experience. It supposedly goes away in 6-8 weeks, but can sometimes last much longer.

A few months ago, I completed 10 days of the Whole 30, and felt great, and have been wanting to make an attempt at finishing all 30 days.

Now that I've developed this rash, I'm hoping that doing a Whole 30 will help with it. It seems like since this is a condition that seemingly has no explanation and no fix, that perhaps the Whole30 will help it.

Is there anyone else who has experienced this condition? I hope it goes away soon! Luckily, it hasn't caused any other health problems for me, some people feel achey, lose their appetite, fatigue, that kind of thing. For me, it's just kind of icky looking!

I've had that before- mine is usually pretty minor. Sometimes years go by between outbreaks. One thing that did help was to use Selsun Blue (shampoo) as a body wash. It will last a few months- it just has to run its course. Sometimes Lotramin or other anti fungal helps, although it's not a fungus.

Eating paleo definately helps. I had a bit of an outbreak last summer, switched to eating paleo, and it started to clear up. By mid-fall it was gone. Now that I've been eating paleo most of the time, I'm hoping it will prevent it coming back.

Archived